Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dior Patchouli Imperial

Does anyone knows when this one was launched or if it will be launched yet? I just found it randomnly at ebay, and then i saw that there is now at their website one collection prive fragrance with this name:

http://www.dior.com/beauty/int/en/fr...py0908280.html

Default Re: Dior Patchouli Imperial

Thanks for the heads up. Will try to contact Dior to get more information.

Scented salamander posted today more info about it:

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...al_2011_n.html

It seems that it`ll be a dry and woodier fragrance, hope it`s as good as some of the fragrances in the collection...

AromiErotici

I was looking as well Rick. I have my eye on the Leather, but the patchouli looks interesting. I haven't heard anything about it yet.....

It's available at the Dior beauty boutique in Las Vegas (Palazzo) I just ordered it. Will be sent out tomorrow.

So i think you`ll be one of the first one to try it hednic. Please come back and tell us your impressions

Thank you for sharing! I'm very interested in dry patchouli.

Curious to hear about this one. On a patcouli kick at the moment. Awesome hednick ! let us know.

It is available at the Dior online boutique: http://www.dior.com/beauty/usa/en/wo...py0908280.html

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun View Post
    It is available at the Dior online boutique: http://www.dior.com/beauty/usa/en/wo...py0908280.html
    I was trying to find the link to their online store the day i found the info about it, but i think i was accessing the wrong place. Thanks for sharing it!

Wasn't available at any London Dior boutique yesterday. Itching to try this bastard!

Basenotes Institution

Wow, they are really pumping out those releases at Dior, aren't they?
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

No problem, rickbr. I think I was accessing the wrong place, too, or else it just became available in the past few days.

I am so impressed with Leather Oud and rather like Eau Noire that I am very tempted to blind buy Patchouli Imperial. I've found that PI was listed by Cosmopolitan as one of the sexiest fall frags of 2011, along with Mugler's Angel edt and a couple other women's fragrances, so I'm worried that it will be too feminine for my taste. I think I'm unnecessarily worried, though, as the notes suggest to me a more masculine edge (it is marketed as unisex) with Coriander, Patchouli, and Sandalwood.

No problem, rickbr. I think I was accessing the wrong place, too, or else it just became available in the past few days.

I am so impressed with Leather Oud and rather like Eau Noire that I am very tempted to blind buy Patchouli Imperial. I've found that PI was listed by Cosmopolitan as one of the sexiest fall frags of 2011, along with Mugler's Angel edt and a couple other women's fragrances, so I'm worried that it will be too feminine for my taste. I think I'm unnecessarily worried, though, as the notes suggest to me a more masculine edge (it is marketed as unisex) with Coriander, Patchouli, and Sandalwood.
    Well, in my opinion patchouli feminine frags are quite unissex in general, when they focus on the amber and woody camphor aspects of the idea. See the original prada for instance. It's like a serious version of Angel, without the fruity aspects, a woody fragrance of sweet and amber contrasts that works great on man and on winter (and also has a great longevity).
    Maybe they are just trying to sell it to the feminine audience like they done with Grainville

Good points, rickbr. I think you're right about trying to sell to the feminine audience. I enjoy many unisex fragrances and I like patchouli and sandalwood, so I know that my worrying is for no reason.

Good points, rickbr. I think you're right about trying to sell to the feminine audience. I enjoy many unisex fragrances and I like patchouli and sandalwood, so I know that my worrying is for no reason.
    Well, i think that we`ll only be able to know after someone tries it, but i`d try to get a decant or sample at first and pay attention to it during a day or some days. That`s how i`m trying to find fragrances that i like recently, but everyone has its own methods

Received my bottle yesterday 125ml from the Dior boutique and first impression was positive. It reminded me a little of Micallef Patchouli and Reminicence Patchouli Pour Homme. Longevity and sillage were above average for me.

Thanks for the initial impressions, hednic. I'm looking forward to this one.

Dior is the new Tom Ford! Anyway, hopefully it's better than Leather Oud which left me high and dry. Heck, I'd be pleased if it's as good as PdN's Patchouli Homme.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    hopefully it's better than Leather Oud which left me high and dry.
    I am wondering what you meant by that. (I am clueless because I have never smelled Leather Oud.)
    Currently wearing: Spellbound by Este Lauder

Anyone looking to get rid of a sample of this one? It sounds great- how can one go wrong with coriander, patchouli, and sandalwood? They'd really have to botch it to mess it up and I just can't see Dior doing that.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Dior is the new Tom Ford! Anyway, hopefully it's better than Leather Oud which left me high and dry. Heck, I'd be pleased if it's as good as PdN's Patchouli Homme.
    Oh I hope it's better than Patchouli Homme, that one was just SO strong and raw...it sort of traumatized me.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Anyone looking to get rid of a sample of this one? It sounds great- how can one go wrong with coriander, patchouli, and sandalwood? They'd really have to botch it to mess it up and I just can't see Dior doing that.

I agree. Now if I could just find a sample.....

Samples are available at the Perfume Court

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...rpatchimp.aspx
    Evenstar

Elena V at perfumeshrine just posted something on PI. She claims it's a copy of 31 rue Cambon, with a more patchouli-laden drydown. Of course, 31 rue Cambon is excellent, if not especially persistent. So this is both a good news (a good perfume) and so so (a copy).

cacio

Not being released here in the UK until January apparently.

The first impressions seems really good, i'll ansiously my decant of this one
    I saw people commenting above on Leather Oud, this was one that i expected to like, but i cannot There is dirty and animalic edge on its smell that doesn't work well on me, that seems more pleasant at distance than at your own skin. It's longlasting but the first hours are an exercise of patience to me...

I tried this a few days ago. The patchouli note is prominent but slightly less so than coromandel. There is also a hint of amber blended with a resin (benzoin?styrax?). Very high quality.
    You need to like patchouli a lot to enjoy this.
    In comparison, you would need to love patchouli to enjoy the patchouli series from reminiscence.
    for swap/sale:

I look forward to trying the new Dior Patchouli. I don't like PdN Patchouli Homme (Yeow!) and I really love Leather Oud so does that mean I might not like Patchouli Imperiale? What kind of a name is Imperial anyway? Does this mean it relates to the Empire, or royalty of some sort? I am such a fan of patchouli scents in general that I will probalby really enjoy the new Dior Patchouli Imperial. Gotta try it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I look forward to trying the new Dior Patchouli. I don't like PdN Patchouli Homme (Yeow!) and I really love Leather Oud so does that mean I might not like Patchouli Imperiale?
    My guess is that you will be pleasantly surprised especially if you are a patchouli fan.