Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Tom Ford Italian Cypress: Celebrate Manhood

Tom Ford Private Blends Italian Cypress is sold as a unisex offering but I see it as a nod to the masculines of yesteryear.

Its name is a bit misleading because the Cypress doesn't dominate. It's the blending of the woods, spices, and even clean smoke that make it such an olfactory experience.

It has been compared to Polo Green and the similarities are obvious, it does have a vintage vibe. Men have long been wearing this type of fragrance and for good reason. The ruggedness and robustness of Polo has always reflected the nature of the wearer.

Italian Cypress grows and evolves this concept. It's a nod to the great outdoors; pine needles, wood, smoke, spices... the whole forest. What a trip!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tom Ford Italian Cypress: Celebrate Manhood

Is this one still around? I missed the boat on Moss Breches - I really would like to at least sniff this one before it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Is this one still around? I missed the boat on Moss Breches - I really would like to at least sniff this one before it's gone.
    I just picked up a BNIB 50ml bottle from the bay Red. Last I checked it was still in stock at the major retailers here down-under.

Virile and verdant, I agree that this scent is one that will put hair on your chest. Can't help but feel a bit pfwwwoooooar wearing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Virile and verdant, I agree that this scent is one that will put hair on your chest. Can't help but feel a bit pfwwwoooooar wearing this!
    A manly grunt and nod in agreement with your sentiments SoS

Yes, it's still around. I cannot imagine a woman wearing this one, but who knows. It indeed, conjures to me, a cleaned up, modernized Polo green...in a very good way.

A fantastic scent.

Dependent

Does Italian Cypress have Polo's birch tar leather, or is it a different style of leather from Polo?

(I enjoy Polo a lot except for the birch tar and would love to find a fragrance that resembles it but without that accord.)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Does Italian Cypress have Polo's birch tar leather, or is it a different style of leather from Polo?

(I enjoy Polo a lot except for the birch tar and would love to find a fragrance that resembles it but without that accord.)
    No, it differs from Polo in that I can't detect birch tar. That's probably why I find it more sanitized.

I'm wearing Italian Cypress today (as I did yesterday too). I love all the Tom Ford Private Blends that I've got or tried, but I find Italian Cypress is the most wearable for work in the office. I agree, it's a very masculine scent. I see the similarity to Polo, only more refined, natural and lasts and lasts... and lasts!
    LOST! in scent and music

Enjoy it and dont find it unisex at all. The only thing that bothers me about IC is the cinnamon. I find myself going to Z-14 more than IC.

I own it + love it! actually I do not care about Perfume x Gender.

Sur la Plage

It's an excellent fragrance. Enjoy!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

does italian cyress remind anyone else of creed bois du portugal a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by frrrrrrunkis View Post
    does italian cyress remind anyone else of creed bois du portugal a little bit?
    Perhaps not in the scent, but a bit in personality if that makes sense. I don't think they have many, if any, notes in common. It doesn't have a very similar note profile to Polo green either, but the cypress or pine somehow conjures an olfactory image of Polo.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 6th September 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Perhaps not in the scent, but a bit in personality if that makes sense. I don't think they have many, if any, notes in common.
    i think you're right. they both make my wife say i smell like an old man when i wear them

i think you're right. they both make my wife say i smell like an old man when i wear them
    Pity, that.

Which old man has your wife been smelling?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Yes, it's still around. I cannot imagine a woman wearing this one, but who knows. It indeed, conjures to me, a cleaned up, modernized Polo green...in a very good way.

A fantastic scent.
    I agree completely with this. Just picked up a split of it and am looking forward to wearing it this fall/winter. Easily, my favorite of the Tom Ford's I've tried.

Dependent

Z-14 smells like dentist's tooth polish to me with that cinnamon, though it has excellent balance and longevity. still haven't encountered a successful cinnamon note in a frag yet, but this one interests me.

Having Z-14 makes Italian Cypress superfluous to me, just my two cents. I got much more Z-14 than Polo out of it.

I often get this kind of comment from my wife. It usually means I'm onto something really good!
    (I'm 32.)

Quote Originally Posted by crash red hot View Post
    i often get this kind of comment from my wife. It usually means i'm onto something really good!
    (i'm 32.)
    lol!

Out of the Tom Fords I've sampled, this was one of my favorites. The Great Outdoors captured in a bottle.

Along with TV and TL, IC is one of my top favorites from TF.

IC is definitely one of my picks for the summer.