Code of Conduct

Default Not much talk on Intense Euphoria?

I guess Calvin's attempt of giving the male public a more intense long lasting scent is a moot point?

The marketing plan is not very well for it either so I feel by December it will be off the market. In Macy's its just sitting right near the regular Euphoria no launch or anything for the Joe Schmo public to know it exists.

When Calvin launched Euphoria Blossom they really pressed it to the public.

Default Re: Not much talk on Intense Euphoria?

I tried it last Saturday and it was nice actually. Maybe people are scared to talk about liking a Calvin Klein scent these days. The lasting power was pretty good too.

Blog Entries

I got to try it at Macy's maybe 3 weeks ago and I rather liked it, I definitely preferred it to Euphoria which I'm about tired of, the citrus and bubble-gum vibe just isn't doing it for me anymore but the Euphoria Intense had a bit of a deeper side to it. If I didn't already have Euphoria I would probably get the Intense.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Sur la Plage

I think it is a really great fragrance with very good sillage and longevity - one of the better Calvin Klein releases in quite some time. It's deeper and sweeter then the original (but I don't find it overly sweet). I have had it for a while - I got it earlier this year from a friend of mine who lives in Europe. It is MUCH better then the original Euphoria for Men, IMO.

You are right - They really haven't had much marketing/publicity on it. That's a shame.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 16th August 2008 at 02:21 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

it seemed average when I tried it but the longevity was much better.

I've got a sample on my desk... I tried it on, ended up washing it off. Far too sweet for me.

Blog Entries

Funny coincidence - I saw Joe's positive words on this one a while back, so I got the chance to do paper-vs-paper and arm-vs-arm with Euphoria and Euphoria Intense today in Dillards. Frankly, I like them both, and don't know which one I would go for. Euphoria has nice topnotes, but I can see how one could tire of them. The intense version goes straight to the heart - it actually seems less intense at first, but it has more of a base and gives me better longevity. The drydown is sweeter and more vanillic to me.

I'm not ready for a buy on either - I think I need a wear on both to see if there's some true love.

I like the Intense better as well... a tad on the sweet side, but the sweetness eliminates the ginger notes I'm not as fond of. Unfortunately my woman bought the original for me before Intense came out because she's a big fan, and there's no reason to buy Intense.

Unhappy Re: Not much talk on Intense Euphoria?

Smelled this at Macy's the other day!!!! YAWN not exciting at all. no bueno.

I liked Euphoria, but it had little lasting power on me.
    Euphoria Intense had good lasting power, but I didn't like it all that much.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I liked Euphoria, but it had little lasting power on me.
    Euphoria Intense had good lasting power, but I didn't like it all that much.
    Renato
    While I have not tried Intense, I went back and tried Euphoria on a card at Ulta and I actually like it alot. Not sure what it will do on my skin but I find it very nice and pleasant. I think it is a good scent.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Blog Entries

i really wanna like Calvin Klein scents..but they're just so damn boring.

I find Euphoria to be intensely boring already, so i wonder if Intense Euphoria is even more intensely boring!?

Tried it, it did nothing for me. I liked the original better actually but neither made me want to purchase.

hey guys, is there a similar vibe with the Guess SUEDE ? last week i almost purchase the intense version without test it... i like suede a lot, but if both are so similar, Guess is a cheaper option ...

I was under the impression that guess and guess suede are totally different fragrances, but it's been so long since I tried either I can't remember. Although E-Intense is a little more than a stronger concentration of the original, it's closely based on it.

Basenotes Institution

I read a review of this today, and it mentioned a large melon note in this - which noones mentioned on this thread.

Do any of you guys agree with the melon note? It sounds slightly awful, yet you guys are giving this scent thumsb up.

This one smells OK. No great shakes IMO

I had to bump this thread because I got to talk to a CK / Coty rep and she told me that Intense Euphoria was supposed to be a limited edition. But it was so well received in sales that it is permanent member of the CK line up. This year they introduced a 1.7 version of the edt. Personally I think the should discontinue the original and just keep this version it is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I had to bump this thread because I got to talk to a CK / Coty rep and she told me that Intense Euphoria was supposed to be a limited edition. But it was so well received in sales that it is permanent member of the CK line up. This year they introduced a 1.7 version of the edt. Personally I think the should discontinue the original and just keep this version it is much better.
    Good call on their part. If they need to remove a Euphoria from their lineup, the Intense shouldn't be the first to go.

To an earlier post: I do get a nice melon note in the top notes - I like it, but it is pretty fleeting on me. It actually has me wondering where I can get a good scent with a more tenacious melon accord.

It's certainly superior to the original. I don't know about the marketing aspect.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

This one is a nice one, but I really don't find cause to wear it that often. I don't like the dryness of it, and the longevity is just a little subpar for me. Still a good offering from CK.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    This one is a nice one, but I really don't find cause to wear it that often. I don't like the dryness of it, and the longevity is just a little subpar for me. Still a good offering from CK.
    Yeah, I like it well enough, but not enough to buy a bottle. I did get some really nice compliments on it when I wore it.

One interesting thing, I reached for my sample during a warm day for those fresh top notes (like the melon), yet it then dried down to a warm, spicy, dry affair. At that stage, it's well suited for an evening out.