Code of Conduct

Default What is Aventus similar too?

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here since Moby Dick was a guppy. Anyway I have heard the buzz about Aventus. It is somewhat hard to get a sample. I guess Aedes doesn't carry Creed anymore hey?
    Amazing. Anyway what does it smell similar to. I only have about 200 colognes so maybe a Basenoter can provide me with a ready-to-hand reference amongst these 200 to sniff. Danke. Roland

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is Aventus similar too?

I think the new Gucci Guilty Intense comes somewhat closer than most. Not anywhere near a substitute, but I think they're a similar overall format, and both good. The Gucci isn't as much of a "hider" as Aventus. It resembles the Aventus batches which were light on pineapple.

Gucci by Gucci

just hit the perfumed court and grab a 1.5ml spray sample

I haven't tried it, but from what I've read here at BN it sounds like it's not even similar to itself ! LOL.

To me it reminds me of Bel Canto

Nothing comes to mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I haven't tried it, but from what I've read here at BN it sounds like it's not even similar to itself ! LOL.
    LMAO

Best one-liner fragrance review since Perfumes the Guide!

hilarious! hahaha and true

for swap/sale:

LOL...indeed, it may depend on which batch number you want something to smell like....

Nothing yet, Some have said Zara Gold, but that is just briefly at the top and getting strawberry mixed up w pineapple. I think Zara gold is a take off on Paco Black XS.

Best and truest Aventus review you will ever find.

Heh, good one!
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

To quote the bard, I'd compare Aventus to a summer's day (except Aventus is more lovely and more temperate)

Not many smell like Aventus. Gucci by Gucci I guess smells like it, but I own both and dont get that.

Cut up some pineapple and stick it in a used ashtray. Leave it for a couple of hours and then give it a sniff. Closest you'll get.

Not worth coming out of the cave for.....in my opinion.
    Last edited by morrison74; 6th September 2011 at 11:40 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Cut up some pineapple and stick it in a used ashtray. Leave it for a couple of hours and then give it a sniff. Closest you'll get.

Not worth coming out of the cave for.....
    Add a little bit of burnt rubber in there too Then that would be spot on about Aventus

I rec'd this today from Perfumed Court and I think it smells like the original Gucci pour homme. I also think if someone were to add ash to Bulgari pour homme you would get this smell too as Aventus has a soapy,peppery smell like BPH. And finally with the ash it smells a little like Havana by Aramis. Do you think I'm nuts?
    Incidentally I must have rec'd the batch with the subdued pineapple because I really smelt primarily soapy,peppery ash. I have been coming here to Basenotes on and off for 10 years and I think this one takes the cake as being overrated. You old Basenoters like me can attest that is no mean feat.

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    I have been coming here to Basenotes on and off for 10 years and I think this one takes the cake as being overrated.
    Yup. +1

To me it smells very similar to RL Purple Label!
    sb[]p

Overrated, wildly variable, and ashy-pineapple. I only own it because the chicks dig it and I barely tolerate it. It is odd how the two notes actually work...it's a NICE ash note and a NICE pineapple note.

Blog Entries

Wow! You've been around for a while, have you really been away or just refuse to chime in on the "goings ons" here on BNOTES?

"Tell me more about the olden days mister"!

Yeah I have been away Odious. There is this other little site called Youtube that can really saps someones online time eh? I checked in to see the new darling is Aventus so I had to give it a try. I like it as I like all Creed scents for the most part I just don't see how it gets all these female compliments allegedly. Seems to me very similar to the original Gucci pour homme and Bulgari pour homme. Thanks Roland.

Saddest and most accurate response yet, this stuff is great and running out of my current bottle scares me. I have a good bottle I think, but not sure if its the best batch A42B10K02. Smells fruity but just a little too smokey if I had to have one complain about it.

ok wow, I tried some dole pineapple in an actual dirty ashtray........... nothing like Aventus. Might want to actually try what you suggest sometimes instead of going by foggy memories lol.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I'm not a big pineapple fan. It's not the best smelling citrus and I don't see the big "OMG IT'S PINEAPPLE!" fascination with Aventus. Over rated doesn't begin to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I think the new Gucci Guilty Intense comes somewhat closer than most. Not anywhere near a substitute, but I think they're a similar overall format, and both good. The Gucci isn't as much of a "hider" as Aventus. It resembles the Aventus batches which were light on pineapple.
    W-H-A-T ? ? ? ? Both you and volley2 ? Guilty .... seriously ! I give the fcuk up.

...mostly j/k. But the first time I smelled it I got the pineapple BLAST, which is weird because both my girlfriend and best friend got the woody/birchy base vibe right off the bat and I had to TELL them there was a pineapple note in it...Weird.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Maybe it was just batch variation, but the pineapple was a tough cookie to distinguish in mine as well. I got a lot of birch and ash too, though I could smell the pineapple was kicking around in there somewhere.