Code of Conduct

Default Prada infusion d'homme vs. Amber Pour Homme vs. Amber Pour Home Intense

Ok today I tried infusion d'homme and basically it smells like a white soap, which I like. I sprayed it about 3+ hours ago and I can smell it on my skin.

I trie Amber PH Intense like a week ago and wasn't impressed. Just didn't leave an impression. How does Amber PH compare?

Which of these 3 is the best in terms of scent, longevity, and masculinity?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Prada infusion d'homme vs. Amber Pour Homme vs. Amber Pour Home Intense

IMO, Prada Infusion d'Homme > Prada Amber pour Homme > Prada Amber pour Homme Intense
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Prada infusion d'homme vs. Amber Pour Homme vs. Amber Pour Home Intense

I cant choose between Amber and Infusion. They are great and i like them equally.
    Infusion lasts a little more

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense if I had to choose, but really don't care for any of them personally.

Blog Entries

I liked the Amber Intense enough to buy it. D'Homme is nice, too, but I already have Infusion d'Iris EDP. Never really liked the regular Amber enough for a buy.

Intense is the most masculine of the three being more dry, less sweet, with more patchouli. Infusion smells the most clean of the three and regular amber pour homme is to feminine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I liked the Amber Intense enough to buy it. D'Homme is nice, too, but I already have Infusion d'Iris EDP. Never really liked the regular Amber enough for a buy.
    How you compare Infusion dHome and dIris?

Prada Infusion d'Homme >Prada Amber pour Homme Intense > Prada Amber pour Homme

1. Prada Infusion d'Homme
    2. Amber pour Homme Intense
    871. Amber pour Homme
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

It's almost 8 hours since I sprayed Infusion and I can still detect it on my hand. It's pretty linear to me, same soapy, white soap smell throughout.

Well, IMO the most masculine is the Intense (which has the worst sillage), however the other two are better than this. I really enjoy the soapy and classy aspects of Amber ph, that also has the "rounder" scent and also the best fix and sillage. Infusion d'homme is a very good frag but I preferred to get Infusion de Vetiver, that opens differently from Infusion d'homme but has a quite similar dry down.

Daniel, to me, IdH shares a lot of aspects with IdI, but this one is a little sweeter, with more iris and less citrus than IdH, their notes are pretty much the same. If I had to choose between them, I would pick IdI, that received a better execution.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    IMO, Prada Infusion d'Homme > Prada Amber pour Homme > Prada Amber pour Homme Intense
    I agree with this. In another one of those designer quirks, the Intense version doesn't seem as intense as the regular version of Amber.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I agree with this. In another one of those designer quirks, the Intense version doesn't seem as intense as the regular version of Amber.
    I also like the fact that Infusion seems to be cheaper than Amber on both Amazon and Fragrancenet.

Ok, so I tried both Amber and Amber Intense today. Amber was unremarkable. But Intense reminded bit of Drakkar Noir. In any case, Infusion is the best of the three.

I think Burberry Touch is a better floral, soapy, powdery smell than Amber PH.

What do you guys think? And how does Mugler cologne, which I haven't tried, compare to all these?

I personally don't think any of these is worth purchasing, but if I had to pick one it would be Infusion d'Homme. It's the only one I'd ever wear if it found its way into my wardrobe (and then only if I want a soapy clean scent, and nothing more).
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    1. Prada Infusion d'Homme
    2. Amber pour Homme Intense
    871. Amber pour Homme
    Let me correct your typo

1. Amber Pour Homme
    2. Amber Pour Homme Intense
    871. Prada Infusion d'Homme

(ok, I don't really think Infusion d'Homme is that bad, but it's a bit 'mechanical' and I think Bvlgari Man, Sartorial, MFK Cologne Pour Le Matin or H&G Geste are WAY better "white shirt" scents than IdH)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    this. Infusion d'Homme is great stuff.

From this list, Infusion d'Homme

In answering your specific question; 'Which of these 3 is the best in terms of scent, longevity, and masculinity'?

Infusion D'Homme wins on all 3 points - the ultimate clean, soapy, classy scent - pure sophistication.

Amber Intense, is 2nd - I love this scent. It's so mystical, elegant with good longevity and masculinity. Probably more suited for evening wear in my view.

Prada Amber, while elegant also, just didn't agree with me. Makes me queasy whenever I wear it. Regardless, I find it too 'perfumey' and powdery and a little cloying. Longevity v.good, masculinity factor poor in my view.
    Summer Rotation

Eternity Summer (2014) - Calvin Klein
    Cool Water Pure Pacific - Davidoff
    Homme - David Beckham
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Platinum Egoiste - Chanel
    Bleu de Chanel - Chanel

Infusion D'Homme