Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Burberry Body, Thoughts?

I'm quite new to the fragrance world and have been sniffing around to see what I like and what scents and notes do not appeal to me.My sample of Burberry Body ordered from the Burberry facebook page arrived in the mail this afternoon and I'm not quite sure whether to like it or not to be completely honest. The advertisements described this as a fruity Chypre, is this a good reference point for Chypre fragrances? The notes as described by basenotes are top notes of freesia, green absinthe, and peach, middle notes of rose and iris which I have to say I haven't really detected,and the base notes of sandalwood, musk, amber and vanilla, which again I really haven't detected. So would anyone like to share their thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Burberry Body, Thoughts?

So the past 4 days I was in Washington, DC with a youth conference group and I wore Body several times and I've decided I love it. Longevity is fantastic as well it lasted all day with me at the hotel even 12 hours of training and hard work later I could smell it on my wrist when it was close by my face.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Great for 35+ sophisticated woman.

There are two concentrations, EdP and EdP Intense. Make sure to test both!

The best Burberry so far, at least to my nose! I like the EdP Intense, but I dont find it a chypre! It is warm and very, very female to me.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Post Thanks / Like

never thought I would like this perfume as I am normally more of an oriental musky perfurme person but when I was in the store to check out the nude collection which was launced together with the perfume they convinced me to try it and I gotta admit I fell in love. I have to say I sampled the intense version. It is a very unique scent, which is hard to forget with awesome lasting power and like the ad it is probably the sexiest perfume I have smelled to date. Everyone at the office asked me that day what I was wearing.
    I was still not convinced. I went to the drugstore near the office for 2 days in a row and put it on, after that I had to go and get it right away. Fortunately, there was a 25% off coupon deal as the perfume is expensive, especially the intense version. It has since become my HG perfume.
    Perhaps one of the reason it gets mixed reviews on some sites, though it is selling like crazy and most sites rate it very highly is that it is a bit of a retro scent, very defining and not in line with the more natural scents; either fruits or woody ones which are the trend these days but yet this is a much sexier scent and perhaps it was time for something like this to come. Then again, scents are very personal and what one may love others may hate.

I much prefer the intense not only for its lasting powers but it is sexier, warmer and heavier and lacks the sharpness the regular one has but I like the regular one too, would buy that as well, may be the perfect version for summer days. To me Burberry Body is just the perfect combination and my to go to date or night out scent which would work in all seasons.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My sample from the Facebook promotion never arrived, even though it said it was 'on it's way' : (

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they ran out of samples? I ordered one as well but it has not arrived either but I did get a sample at the Burberry store and then I bought the full size anyhow.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They are still offering the sample on Facebook today, so I don't know what happened. It's a bit disappointing as it's not available here in Denmark yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryandtheboys View Post
    My sample from the Facebook promotion never arrived, even though it said it was 'on it's way' : (
    It takes quite a while, I did not get mine until recently, after several months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My wife and I both took a brief sniff, and we both liked it, but we really need to get a sample. I don't think I would want to wear it - more like one for my wife. It's fresh and transparent enough to be to her liking, but substantial enough that I enjoy smelling it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It smells alot like Leiber to me, which I already have. It smells nice though. Don't think I'll be picking this one up though.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno Leiber but because it is a bit retro 90's it will have similar notes to some other ones but when I sampled it I found it totally different from anything else, guess I am slightly prejudiced as I love it so much and glad I got it. Sometimes you need something new and different from what you have been using.

I have to say say...I am not a fan of the fragrance. I actually work at a Dillards dept. store in the fragrance area...One thing our customers can not get past...is the bottle itself. Did a Man design this??? In the Christmas set...I actually had a couple yesterday in their 50's say..."Looks like that should include batteries"!! The design is just plain WRONG! Think people!!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Blah

Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually I sort of changed my mind about this fragrance and I think I was originally influenced by my love of the brand itself but I do not really find it interesting or good. The bottle is totally wrong I agree for several reasons; it flips over really easy, mine did and broke after only having it for two weeks. I had the 70 ml intense and you can imagine how much money went down the drain by it breaking. It had never happened to me before but the design is totally wrong, the bottle is extremely top heavy which is calling for disaster and it is also very impractical for that reason. I am sure I will not be the only one this happens to.