Code of Conduct

Default Perry Ellis 360 Red = Crushes Acqua di Gio

Not only does it smell better/more sparkly, but it lasts much longer, and the smell is like a more intense version that AdG lacks. This is the most unobtrusive and excellent fragrance! I love the "sparkliness" it radiates when you smell it. A hint of cinnamon too but not overplayed and it does not at all compromise the light 'sparkle' accord you get when smelling it. And best of all, its much less expensive than AdG. Great!

Default Re: Perry Ellis 360 Red = Crushes Acqua di Gio

Perry Ellis makes good versions of originals that's for sure.

I personally think this is their best one. White was okay but nothing great. M is also real nice actually..

This is a great bargain scent. I have only worn it twice since buying it a few months ago, but both times I found I really enjoyed it. A nice year round fragrance.

I agree that it has a fizzy texture (like soda bubbles) which is pretty awesome. But I didn't care for the strong cinnamon note in the heart and base. What starts out as a nice summer fragrance quickly turns into something that IMO would be suitable for cooler weather. Also, the cinnamon came off as quite strong on my skin and reminded me of Big Red chewing gum. Didn't care for it.

I don't find the cinnamon overbearing, and it adds dimension and interest to this scent. I concur that it is superior to AdG, and in fact I no longer find the two as similar as I once did. There's a better base in 360 Red, greater longevity, and a smoother use of calone in the top notes that keeps it from having the screechy quality of AdG. One of the best bargains I've found.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

I prefer AdG over any in the Perry Ellis line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    This is the most unobtrusive and excellent fragrance!
    What is...Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    What is...Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?
    What a totally non-triumphant stab at Dudester, that's bogus man

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    What a totally non-triumphant stab at Dudester, that's bogus man
    "Bogus"? Another Bill and Ted's quote in the same thread??
    Last edited by slvrbckgorilla; 7th September 2011 at 10:57 PM.

AromiErotici

It's a good fragrance for the money. I like its effervescence as well and prefer it to AdG, but that's simply my preference.

"Bogus"? Another Bill and Ted's quote in the same thread??

Come on settle down, it was a complete joke with no malicious intent. I read his post, and in my head that sounded like a line from the movie, which made me laugh, so I thought I would point it out. There are plenty of much more "triumphant stabs" to be had from posts that both of you have made than that!
    Uhhhh actually I was making another reference to Bill & Ted's, I wasn't actually seriously saying you had taken a shot at Dudester. I do however relish the fact that you find some of my posts stab-worthy. The mods have cruelly targeted me as someone who is "Just Starting Out" so it appears I am damaged goods around here. It's only a matter of time before my threads find a permanent resting place in the "General Fragrance Discussion" graveyard, never to be seen or heard from again!

R.I.P. Sidney Falco's Posting Career: Just Starting Out-Just Starting Out

Uhhhh actually I was making another reference to Bill & Ted's, I wasn't actually seriously saying you had taken a shot at Dudester. I do however relish the fact that you find some of my posts stab-worthy. The mods have cruelly targeted me as someone who is "Just Starting Out" so it appears I am damaged goods around here. It's only a matter of time before my threads find a permanent resting place in the "General Fragrance Discussion" graveyard, never to be seen or heard from again!

R.I.P. Sidney Falco's Posting Career: Just Starting Out-Just Starting Out
    Well damn...I guess I need to brush up on my excellent-ness...I am so used to seeing people lash out on here that I falsely assumed the worst, and for that I apologize. As for the "just starting out" thing, I have noticed it has been happening more recently as of late. I wouldn't take it to heart.

Well damn...I guess I need to brush up on my excellent-ness...I am so used to seeing people lash out on here that I falsely assumed the worst, and for that I apologize. As for the "just starting out" thing, I have noticed it has been happening more recently as of late. I wouldn't take it to heart.
    Oh but I do, I do take it to heart. The revolt is coming though, soon the persecuted will be victorious and Acqua di Gio will be the forced upon signature scent of all so there can no longer be made distinction between Basenotes veterans and those just starting out. May equality prevail, viva la revolucion!

...Acqua di Gio will be the forced upon signature scent of all so there can no longer be made distinction between Basenotes veterans and those just starting out. May equality prevail, viva la revolucion!
    In light of the thread, shouldn't it be PE 360 Red?

In light of the thread, shouldn't it be PE 360 Red?
    If it's not AdG or Chrome, apparently I haven't heard of it. I do like this new fragrance though Issy Hitake or whatever it's called, the woman at Macy's said it was her favorite. Does anyone else wear this?

If it's not AdG or Chrome, apparently I haven't heard of it. I do like this new fragrance though Issy Hitake or whatever it's called, the woman at Macy's said it was her favorite. Does anyone else wear this?
    Is it made by Calvin Klein?

I don't think he's made anything since Eternity, love that one though! 8 sprays and I'm good to go

I don't think he's made anything since Eternity, love that one though! 8 sprays and I'm good to go
    I like this better. Combining to bring this thread to a nice entertaining read, rather than arguing.

Dudester, all I gotta say is, Whoa Man !!!!
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'm waiting on the Meharees review from Dudester.

I just want to add that I am very happy for Dudester. You found a fragrance you really like. And that is what really matters here. You now know ( I hope) that you do not have to waste time seeking out ellusive fragrances ( which you are not really interested in the first place, but only because a Basenoter said it was a cool scent). No more moaning and groaning and phoning ( ...the Perfumed Court ?!).

Since you ( Dudester) called cologne stupid in one of his threads ( when Pure Malt order got cancelled), I think it is obvious what type of fragrance consumer you are ( if it wasn't already). Theres nothing wrong with that. But its important to point out. Basically, there is no need to be a poser.

Just stick to Perry Ellis fragrances ( and the like). I'm not being a smart alleck in saying this. I actually do like Perry Ellis scents ( but may not wear them). My favorite in 360 Black for Men. It is a wonderful accord with an opening of darkish ( non tropical) fruit and coffee. The drydown is a soft vanilla and a slightly smoky accord. Its not mind blowing. Its just really nice. It doesn't last long. I need to really overspray. But its really nice.

I also like : Platinum, Perry Ellis for Men, 360 White for Men, Perry M and Portfolio.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !