Code of Conduct

Default Prada Amber Intense

Bought my bottle yesterday and today is my first full wearing outside of the sample i had tested with. I am really loving this and very glad i took the time to test out a frag before buying it. It's so much more rewarding knowing that my money was well spent and its something i will get use out of...as you can see i did my share of blind buying when i first started lol.

I defintely get some of the original prada amber in the intense version, but it seems to be fair in the background. It's the perfect work scent and nothing that that's too loud but the projection is just right for work or a date. The original projects better but to me this one is much more elegant and perfect for formal occasion. Superb longevity. Overall i'd give this a 8.5 out of 10 and glad to have this in my wardrobe with the big brother Prada Amber, they both work great on my skin.

Just thought i'd share

Default Re: Prada Amber Intense

Good to hear. Congrats on the new bottle n enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Good to hear. Congrats on the new bottle n enjoy!
    Thanks! I know a lot of people don't seem to care for this release too much but I loved it at first sniff I think a lot of that has to do with it reminding me of the original which i love, but with a twist.

I agree 8.5 exactly. I really enjoy this frrag, there is a faint soapy vibe with it tohat is similar to the original.

I bought it semi-blind-- I tested it once very briefly on my wrist at Macy's and a few weeks picked up a bottle. At first I thought it was a bit short lived, but that wasn't the case. I also was a bit underwhelmed by it, but it's become a real workhorse for me. I was a big fan of the original Amber PH, and this is a very nice addition to the line that builds on the original, taking into a different direction. It actually seems to borrow a little bit of the pathouli and overripe fruitiness/vanilla from the women's Prada Amber, but keeps it masculine.

As with some fragrances which are based on putting the money in the structure of the functional, rich basenotes versus dazzling sales-pushing topnotes, this one can be a bit underwhelming if one just does a quick fly-by of it. The more time you spend time with it, you notice the aspects which make it a fine, solid fragrance.

So it's different enough from the original to warrent owning both?

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Yes, I am going to get the original too. I have not work PA PH but its different enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Yes. It's very different. Has the same similar signature accord, which is a good thing, but it continues on into an oriental, slightly gourmand base. I find it very satisfying in cool weather. Sometimes it seems to fade, but I always smell it when I go to take a shower the next day and the water hits my skin.

Glad you like it. I personally never found anything I liked about it.

It's nice to find a frag you like at this price point, its the first designer bottle i've bought in quite some time. Looking forward to researching more designer frags that i have pass up on. Some i have in mind are M7, Antidote and Pure Havene.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    It's nice to find a frag you like at this price point, its the first designer bottle i've bought in quite some time. Looking forward to researching more designer frags that i have pass up on. Some i have in mind are M7, Antidote and Pure Havene.

M7 is great-- I don't know about the reformulated stuff, the original recipe is fantastic. I also like Pure Havane for a fun, playful tobacco scent. Antidote on the other hand, is problematic for me. Cool marketing and one of the best bottles out there, but on my skin it dries down like burnt plastic. I thought it was just me but the day I got it and wore it to work, one of my coworkers asked if something was burning... not good! Still, it can be had for cheap and maybe your results will vary. Still a great looking bottle!

Bottle of this arrived today. Will be enjoying this puppy tomorrow.

12+ hours later and i can still smell it! If this only projected a bit more it would be perfect, but I believe it was intended to sit a bit closer to the skin as most edp do. I will say for the first 4-5 hours i was getting pretty good projection.

I still haven't figured out how to wear it so I can get it to work the way I want it to.

I'll apply it haphazardly and accidentally it will turn out the right way, but when I try to replicate that, it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I still haven't figured out how to wear it so I can get it to work the way I want it to.

I'll apply it haphazardly and accidentally it will turn out the right way, but when I try to replicate that, it doesn't work.
    This is a scent imo that you can get away with spraying a bit more since the projection is more subtle. For my first wearing today, i did 2 sprays to the chest, one on each forearm and one to the back of the neck. I wear dress shirt so none of these areas were exposes outside of the back of the neck spray and i was getting whiffs of it all day. I know its not often suggested, but try to go a bit heavier with the sparys on this one. I typically do 3-4 on most frags though.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    If you're a fan of vetiver, or dark earthy scents, Encre Noire is an excellent designer frag that can be had for cheap (100ml for ~$40 online). It's a quality scent worth much more than it's going rate. I think they sell it at some Neiman Marcus stores if you want to sample first (don't buy from there, you'll spend $100+ on it)