Code of Conduct

Default Did they mess with Red Vetyver

Got my 100ml bottle and the 20ml free of Red Vetyver. Asked for extra concentration. Unscrewed the top and and the bottle was about 2/3rds full. I gather from some threads that the 100ml bottles are not filled up all the way. I wore it to work today and wow, great for 5 hours but not the sillage monster I expected. Very soft now. Definitely lasts longer on me than the problematical Aventus, but I had a bottle, extra concentration too, when it first came out, what 3, 4 years ago, and I recall it being tenacious, not like Black Auod, but present all day long.

Is it the change of the juice, is it me, or did they perhaps not up the concentration (and by that, I dont mean up the amount of juice, say 120ml for the price of 100ml, but added essential oils for a higher concentration)

Default Re: Did they mess with Red Vetyver

I have regular concentration from 3 years ago and it lasts all day and then some!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

I've read that the extra concentration will add to projection, but will take away from longevity - possibly from olfactory fatigue?
    LOST! in scent and music

i think they dont concentrate the 20mls, only the 50 or 100mls

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    I've read that the extra concentration will add to projection, but will take away from longevity - possibly from olfactory fatigue?
    i think is the contrariwise

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    i think is the contrariwise
    ah! there's me not re-reading things before I comment!!
    LOST! in scent and music

Well, I went to the bank, scent on for 7.5 hours. Girl smells it from across the counter, so about 2 feet. Says she likes it, it is fresh. Fresh? Not spicy? I give up. I think what happens is that you wear it, put it away or sell it (like I did) and then your mind recalls something different and you expect that wow factor to hit you like it did the first time. Anyway, she has smelled MI on me and other scents that I thought weaker, and she liked this one a lot, so ok. Then again, I am 51, she is like 23.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Is it the change of the juice, is it me, or did they perhaps not up the concentration (and by that, I dont mean up the amount of juice, say 120ml for the price of 100ml, but added essential oils for a higher concentration)
    My guess it's the same juice it's always been and that there was no alteration to the concentration.

I got Red Vetyver today, too. I have no idea how it will project. I have no expectations. I do not want my stupid female colleagues to smell a third-world-grass-root all day. I am glad I can smell the vetiver in it. Tomorrow I will test how good this scent wears during a 10-hour-working day. If it stays close to me, mixes well with intense sweat and lasts, it's okay. Screw the rest.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 8th September 2011 at 01:33 AM.

Des: Unscrew the top and eyeball how much juice is in there relative to how tall the 100ml bottle is. Mine looks to be 2/3rds full.

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    I got Red Vetyver today, too. I have no fucking idea how it will project. I have no expectations. I do not want my stupid female colleagues to smell a third-world-grass-root all day. I am glad I can smell the vetiver in it. Tomorrow I will test how good this scent wears during a 10-hour-working day. If it stays close to me, mixes well with intense sweat and lasts, it's okay. Screw the rest.
    Wow! That doesn't make a lot of sense except you seem very angry.
    You don't want anyone else to smell the vetiver, but you are are glad you can smell it?
    Screw the rest of the women? Frags? BNer's?
    Perhaps a deodorant would be a good step Guerlain vetiver deodorant is a nice vetiver one..

Got to be my nose. Shot one spray to the base of the front part of the neck to go out to dinner. Wife said it gave her a headache. This morning, out the door and only 15 minutes into it, she said nothing. Well, maybe that first spray's use was off or something, but ok, intensity I guess rectified. Des, let me know how you like it as far as projection and longevity