Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Singapore

Basenotes Plus

Default Singapore

Please use this until we can get the actual location set up.

Default Re: Singapore

Here are a couple of places one might chance upon discontinued gems and other mainstream fragrances on the cheap:

Jasina
    High Street Centre, North Bridge Road (directly opposite The Parliament House)
    They close early on Saturdays, and do not open on Sunday. The shop has three sections, with the third one located a few units away. Make sure you visit all three. The last time I was there I saw bottles of Yohji Homme, Shalimar Light, La Nuit.

Mustafa Centre
    Little India, Serangoon Road
    They are open around the clock. They have three wings, with perfume sections in all three. The newest wing, the one with the wavy reflective facade, mostly have newer frags. The older wings may be better hunting grounds, i.e. Serangoon Plaza and the building next to it. In Serangoon Plaza, the perfume section is on the second floor. In the other wing, it is in between the CD/DVD section and the toiletries.

Lucky Plaza
    If you are on Orchard Road and have no time to go anywhere else; there are so many discounters here, it may not be a good idea to buy without comparing prices between the shops first.

And here are where you can find the niche brands

Escentials
    Tangs, Paragon, MBS

Annick Goutal
    L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Comme des Garcons
    Creed
    The Different Company
    Diptyque
    Le Labo
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Memo
    Penhaligons
    Serge Lutens
    Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire

Oblique/Hide & Seek
    Telok Ayer St

Etat Libre D’Orange
    Histoires De Parfums
    Humiecki & Graef
    Huitieme Art Parfums
    Mona Di Orio
    Nobile 1942
    Tauer
    Yosh

Blackmarket
    Orchard Central

Etat Libre D’Orange
    Tauer

Perfumes & Cosmetics (Nuance-Watson)
    Changi Airport Duty-Free

Amouage
    Annick Goutal
    Rance
    Serge Lutens

Sephora
    Bond No. 9
    Juliette Has a Gun

Uomo Collezioni
    MBS

Lorenzo Villoresi
    Washington Tremlett

Aesop
    Ngee Ann City, Millenia Walk

Armani Prive La Collection
    Giorgio Armani ION

Chanel Les Exclusifs
    Beaute Shop @ ION, MBS

Comme des Garcons
    Hilton Shopping Gallery, The Pocket Shop

Etro
    Paragon

Frederic Malle
    The Hour Glass Knightsbridge

Hermessence
    Hermes @ Takashimaya, Liat Tower, MBS

Jo Malone
    Ngee Ann City

Penhaligons
    ION

Six Scents
    Asylum, Club 21

Hooray, finally our own section! Thank you to all who helped set this up

I've also started a Facebook group called Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! to help Singaporean perfume lovers get together for swap meets, perfume chats and more.

You don't have to be from Singapore to join - Singapore is a popular stopover for travelers and tourists, so it's open to perfume lovers worldwide.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgperfume/

Also feel free to copy any and all of the resources listed on the FB page to Basenotes for sharing if you wish.
    Last edited by Pamplelune; 27th September 2011 at 02:32 AM. Reason: added more information

Hi do you have any idea where in Singapore to find vintage Nina Ricci perfumes that've been discontinued? :/ thanks!!!

Hi jellyness, Jasina would be your best bet.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Alright I will try that thankyouuuu!!

Dependent

Hi everyone! I would need some help finidng Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef. I've tried Tangs at orchard but they do not carry Midnight in Paris. Anywhere else I might be able to find it?

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    Hi everyone! I would need some help finidng Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef. I've tried Tangs at orchard but they do not carry Midnight in Paris. Anywhere else I might be able to find it?

thanks in advance!
    Did you try Sephora?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Did you try Sephora?
    Hmm not yet. Which Sephora would be a good bet, Ion orchard? Anyway, you've seen it before?

Here in Manila, many online sellers sell perfumes they call Singapore scents. Some claim they get it from Mustafa. But they also have a reputation that the ones they are selling are fakes. Extremely diluted, laden with alcohol.

Can someone verify if it's safe to buy perfumes from Mustafa. Are these legit, authentic perfumes?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by franayr View Post
    Here in Manila, many online sellers sell perfumes they call Singapore scents. Some claim they get it from Mustafa. But they also have a reputation that the ones they are selling are fakes. Extremely diluted, laden with alcohol.

Can someone verify if it's safe to buy perfumes from Mustafa. Are these legit, authentic perfumes?

Thank you.
    I've shopped at Mustafa Centre and purchased authentic and genuine scents from them, but have not seen anything called Singapore Scents.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

'Singapore perfumes' are any perfumes bought from Mustafa.

Well, glad to know that the quality of Mustafa perfumes are same as the ones in Tangs or in Ngee Ann.

Hi everyone, I'll be in Singapore for the next 3 months! Looks like I won't be having any issues with finding perfumes then! Thanks a lot!

Does anyone know where to buy Frapin fragrances in Singapore?

Dependent

Hi guys, previously I've started a thread looking for DHI so I was thinking it wouldnt be nice if I started another looking for La nuit de l'homme - Le parfum haha! Have anyone seen that in SG? It seems that SG hardly have stock for parfum versions

The perfume scene in Singapore is quite pathetic.
    I have been looking for DHI, L'instant De Guerlain Extreme
    but can't find. It just shows how ignorant they distributors are
    because they associate the words "Extreme", "Intense" etc to
    mean strong and overpowering - not suitable for our climate.
    They don't realise that the formulation is different.

My scent of the day: APOM Pour Homme (A Part of Me - For him) By Maison Francis Kurkdijan
    This thing smells very similar to Amouage Reflection Man to my nose.
    Also reminds me of Versace The Dreamer.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant_G View Post

My scent of the day: APOM Pour Homme (A Part of Me - For him) By Maison Francis Kurkdijan
    Ahh thats bad. That means I would probably have to blind buy my La nuit de l'homme - Le parfum online. Dont think I can test it out before buying it though. Anyone else have any idea if there is a shop that sells that in SG? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant_G View Post

Oh, I dunno about pathetic. I think we're doing quite well in terms of niche lines. We get hard hitters like Lutens, Amouage, which you would expect to do badly in this climate, and Muglers are a perennial best-seller. Some of the Malles like Carnal Flower are pretty tenacious - I am grateful we get the entire line, including body butters, soaps, shower gels and candles!

We definitely fall short in Guerlain and Dior - Guerlain especially! Hardly any of the classics made it here.

Anyone knows where I may be able to find Demeter fragrances in Singapore?

Dependent

Hey everyone

Does anyone knows where I could find Dior Private Collection here in SG? They definitely dont have it at all the Dior counters if Im not wrong. Will Dior at ION carry them?

Thanks in advance!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Just wondering guys, is Dollar and scents selling authentic perfumes?

will be in SG next week for one whole week, Jasina and Mustafa, here I come hahaha Anyone would want to PM me directions to get to Jasina using the MTR? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Embassy View Post
    Just wondering guys, is Dollar and scents selling authentic perfumes?
    hi guys, im new here. its my first post and i'm wondering exactly the same thing. their prices are too cheap!!

by the way, escentials is a good place to get your fragrance craving satisfied! =)

i'm looking for the following
    -Frederic Malle une rose
    -serge lutens - la majestic rose

any nice rose scent to recommend from the following brands?
    -le labo
    -L'Artisan Parfumeur
    -Creed
    -dirtyque
    -Annick Goutal

Maybe someone can clarify if D&S is selling authentic anot. Maybe they are just grey market products.

Maybe someone can clarify if D&S is selling authentic anot. Maybe they are just grey market products.
    I believe they are selling grey market products. I just bought a Creed from them at a price much lower than that in Escentials. Very small range though. From what I gather from the many Creed threads on this forum, my bottle seems to be one of those grey market ones (it's not one of the more popular scents, so it is unlikely to be fake), similar to what people buy on online discounters such as Fragrancenet.com.

Does it by any chance affect the longevity and the smell?

Both the fragrances I bought recently from Dollars & Scent seemed quite OK. Their longevities were as expected (based on all the information available on this forum etc.) and they smell quite similar to the testers at boutiques and departmental stores.

You guys are Missing out. Check out 42 Arab Street. It's call SIFR AROMATICS. Why buy the commercial ones when you can have one blended for you from scratch?
    Last edited by socalwoman; 9th May 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Hi guys,

I'm going to be in KL in a couple of weeks, unfortunately I won't be able to visit friends in Singapore, but as there is no Malaysian forum I thought I'd ask here if any of you ever get up to KL and if there is an equivalent of Jasina there where I might find some interesting vintage / retro stuff?

I'm especially interested in any old Guerlains.

Also, is there an Escentuals in KL like the one in Tangs? They carry some niche stuff we never see in Hong Kong so would also like to have a look if they have a branch up there?

Many thanks for any tips or advice

Hey All!
    Nice to know there are perfume enthusiasts here in SG!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz Medina View Post
    You guys are Missing out. Check out 42 Arab Street. It's call SIFR AROMATICS. Why buy the commercial ones when you can have one blended for you from scratch?
    Wait what? Sounds interesting! Have you tried before? If so, how's your experience with it?

Hi. Just wondering if there is any place to get Guerlain Vetiver or Caeser's man.
    Also, does the L'Occitane outlet at takashimaya carry its vetiver cologne?

Thanks

Basenotes Plus

I have not seen Caesar's Man anywhere but check out Sephora @ Ion for Guerlain Vetiver. Or head down to Mustafa Centre. Btw Ion also has L'Occitane though I can't remember if they still have Vetiver.

Welcome to Basenotes!
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 26th September 2012 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks.

Have already checked out Mustafa Centre last week. Will probably do the rounds in orchard, Ion, takashimaya, and lucky centre.

I was looking at some frags in ozcosmetics, esp the creed line.

I was surprised by the difference in the photos

Green Irish Tweed

From Creedboutique:

From ozcosmetics:

Bois Du Portugal

From Creedboutique

From ozcosmetics:

CREED NEROLI SAUVAGE

From Creedboutique:

From ozcosmetics:

Question: are they the same or merely imitation?

I've bought fragrances of different brands from Dollar and Scents and they seem authentic to me. A word of caution though: I suspect that the storekeepers sometimes sell fragrances that have been used before. Often when I ask to try out a perfume that has no tester available, they would just nonchalantly open up a sealed box (as in wrapped in plastic), spray out some perfume for me to smell, and then reseal the plastic.

I can't confirm whether they actually go on to sell those used and resealed fragrances, but once when I bought a fragrance from them, I could have sworn that there were fingerprints on the bottle when I opened it. The bottle did seem full, but one or two sprays would not have caused a visible difference to the liquid level anyway.

I suppose that's how they keep their prices low - by saving money on testers (which they sell to customers).

Basenotes Plus

Just updating this thread...

Hide-and-Seek has moved to 71 Bussorah St. They have added Tauer to their fragrance lineup.

Escentials (Tangs, Paragon) now carries some Amouage line. But these Amouage bottles come with new slim cheap-looking caps which imo threw the proportions off.

Tom Ford now has a fragrance counter in Tangs, lvl 1.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 26th November 2012 at 02:44 AM.

Yes, TF is finally here!
    But they still have a few scents that are not available, e.g. TF Extreme
    The price for the 250ml decanter is $799.
    If anyone is willing to do a split, please let me know!

- - - Updated - - -

Dior La collection prive available in Tangs as well now.. wow!

Where I can find Amouage in downtown? I remember I did not see in Tangs

The Escentials counter at Tangs now carry Amouage after the renovations, but probably not the full range available. The outlet at Paragon has a more complete selection of all lines.

Oh thank u so much, Maque. Im going to back Sing in Jan and I will not miss it. Do u know Armani Store has Prive-Les Eaux Collection now? Last time i w there, they only have Armani Prive-La Collection.

Hi Bambino, sorry for the late reply. I had not visited the Armani boutique so I am not sure what it carries.

That said, many brands in SG does not carry their full lines: e.g. for some strange reason, Tom Ford Beauty did not bring in Black Violet; the Guerlain counter now has many exclusives, but does not have LIDGE and so on. So, I am not surprised if the Armani boutique does not bring in the Armani Privé Les Eaux.

Thanks again ^^ I will check. I heard that Hide & Seek is a nice place, so i will check it too

Yes, Hide and Seek is nice, with a rather good collection of hard-to-find scents. I recently visited it just to test Histoire de Parfums.

Yah, Great! I'm interested in Humiecki & Graef and Tauer. Very hard to find in Asia so I'll be happy if I can pick one of them

Hi! I'm wondering where to get knize 10 and houbigant fougere royale in SG.
    thanks.

Hi Guys, I saw the updates that Guerlain now carries the exclusives collections. Does anyone know if they carry L'heure de Nuit and if so is it at the Tangs store or Takashimaya. Also is the Dries Van Noten Par Frederic malle out yet in Singapore? (in Malmaison boutique or Dries Store at Hilton Hotel). I'm going to Singapore this friday and i really hope these 2 fragrance are available there.

Thanks

Oops, this may come a little too late for andreas2x, but L'Heure de Nuit is at the Tangs Guerlain counter (with all the other exclusives).

Dries van Noten is only out next month (according to ST Urban) at Malmaison. I am not sure if it is available at Hilton.

Thanks for the reply maque, yes Dries van Noten is not yet available at malmaison. and so is L'heure de nuit. I was at tangs, they only have the tester but the SA told me that they don't have stock and it will only come around April.

On the side note, the price of Guerlain L'heure de Nuit is not so much different from the US price (I was counting it with the California Tax) and so is Tom Ford, still cheaper in the states around USD20-25. Chanel les exclusives on the other hand, the difference is major. about USD 80 even with tax refund.

Yes, unfortunately a lot of things are not cheap(er) in Singapore.

Sorry to hear about the lack of stock for L'Heure de Nuit.

Don't be sorry =) at least i still get to test it. Also Singapore is way better than Indonesia in term of finding niche.

Does Mustafa carry Guerlain?

From what I recall (I just visited it about a week ago), not really.

I'm looking forward to visiting my favourite Singapore fragrance haunts later this year. I wonder if I'll be lucky enough to bump into any Heely?

Is LIDGE available anywhere locally?

Heeley is not available in Singapore, sadly. Well, not that I know of yet.

LIDGE also, does not seem to be available in Singapore. The Guerlain counter at Tangs carried the tester initially, after the completion of the beauty hall renovations, but have since hidden or removed it, since they do not actually carry stocks of LIDGE.

Thanks Maque, much as I suspected. But then again I thought hot climate and everything. Luckily I will also be in Madrid, and I believe I can find Heely among other delicacies at Nadia's perfumeriea. I'm beginning to suspect the prices in the Big Noodle are as bad as here

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    Heeley is not available in Singapore, sadly. Well, not that I know of yet.

LIDGE also, does not seem to be available in Singapore. The Guerlain counter at Tangs carried the tester initially, after the completion of the beauty hall renovations, but have since hidden or removed it, since they do not actually carry stocks of LIDGE.
    Thanks. The lady at Tangs did mention that they may be bringing it in soon though!
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    Oh thank u so much, Maque. Im going to back Sing in Jan and I will not miss it. Do u know Armani Store has Prive-Les Eaux Collection now? Last time i w there, they only have Armani Prive-La Collection.
    This may be a little late for bambino, but Armani Privé is now available at Tangs Beauty Hall, with:
    Les Eaux (Figuier Eden, Oranger Alhambra, Rose Alexandrie, and Vetiver Babylone)
    La Collection (Ambre Soie, Bois d'Encens, Cuir Amethyste, Eau de Jade, Eclat de Jasmin, and Pierre de Lune)
    La Collections des Mille et Une Nuit (Ambre Orient, Cuir Noir, Oud Royal, and Rose d'Arabie).

OH! Sounds great, but yah... a little late I wish they could be available sooner. I have already Ambre Soie, Bois d'encens , Figuier Eden...and really wanna try Vetiver Babylone. Anw, im so happy when i picked up Tauer and Humiecki & Graef at Hide&Seek, really nice shop Thank you Maque so much, I will be come back Singapore soon ^^