Code of Conduct

Thread: Eau De Cartier

Default Eau De Cartier

This fragrance is giving me everything today.... i dont know how the perfumer managed to capture the scent of a clean outdoors with out all the harsh woods ..but this scent is amazing. You can clearly smell the cartier luxury in t he scent. love it..i think the original is better than the Eau Concentree

Default Re: Eau De Cartier

Great scent indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I like it too but it's very short-lived unfortunately.

i agree. it so reminds me of the fall. i like that its fresh and clear and a little woodsy

Post Thanks / Like

Was not convinced by this. Indeed I remember mailing the seller, asking if this is an original as it was so weak, which also was the reason the seller had sold it. I hope the bottle has found a loving home by now.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Concentree

I like it but I'm not a fan of these kinds of frags, hence it finds its way to my swap list.

tragic

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.David View Post
    I prefer Concentree
    Me too.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.David View Post
    I prefer Concentree
    + 1000 , more interesting IMO
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Im wearing this one today, and i agree that is such a beautiful translucid scent indeed. Im loving it, but its too much light.
    I prefer original over concentree, but concentree has SO MUCH more longevity and sillage

I too am wearing it ..and i love how it blends with my skin chemistry. very musky on me. The Concentree version is too woody. I feel they took out the clear refreshing crispness and addded more masculine notes. not a fan

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I hated (and I mean HATED) Declaration so much that I have hesitated in sampling anything else from the Cartier line. Given the positive reviews and descriptions I've been seeing for other Cartier fragrances though, perhaps I was too hasty, will give this one a try

I loved Cartier Declaration...this one reminds me of fall in Albuquerque, where im from. The leaves turning, the brisk air, . Very woodsy aroma, but tempered with citrus. I dont get the BO smell people say it has. i love this one too

the essence version rocks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    I loved Cartier Declaration...this one reminds me of fall in Albuquerque, where im from. The leaves turning, the brisk air, . Very woodsy aroma, but tempered with citrus. I dont get the BO smell people say it has. i love this one too
    I got the BO smell and nothing but the BO smell, never have I regretted trying a fragrance on my skin before paper so much as this one. I resisted scrubbing it off though (am yet to ever do that to a fragrance) and after 2-3 hours it developed into something that wasn't all that bad, but overall just a terrible experience wearing that one

yes i can see how it could eb scrubber for some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    I got the BO smell and nothing but the BO smell, never have I regretted trying a fragrance on my skin before paper so much as this one. I resisted scrubbing it off though (am yet to ever do that to a fragrance) and after 2-3 hours it developed into something that wasn't all that bad, but overall just a terrible experience wearing that one
    LOL. The opening on Declaration can be pretty shocking, especially if you go heavy (and by heavy I mean more than two sprays). The first time I put it on, I was told I smelled like nothing but terrible, spicy BO...and sadly, I agreed. Haha. But after that, I'd go no more than two wide sprays to the chest, from a good distance, and was told I smell good. And I agreed with that. Since I've learned how to apply it right (it has to be able to breathe too), I've come to appreciate it, and really enjoy it's quality.

But anyway, the other Cartier frags I've tried are extremely different, and done really well. I don't think Roadster, Eau de Cart., or Eau de Cart. Orange Concentree would remind you of Declaration at all.