Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Hello, just wanted to drop in and give Avon's BLACK SUEDE LEATHER a "shout-out"!

Dear fellow B'Noters lately I've gotten myself some F by Ferragamo, Mary Kay's High Intensity and Avon's BLACK SUEDE LEATHER. I like them all but I was really impressed with Avon's fragrance for men.

It might be listed as Woody Floral but I think it's more of a Floral Wood type and just a touch of leather.

They should have avoided the "flanker" route, even though Black Suede is a big seller.

I am not an Avon rep. nor do I know any but........WOW!.............this is a great scent and not "loud" like some collectors accuse Avon of coming across as.
    Close to the skin.

Default Re: Hello, just wanted to drop in and give Avon's BLACK SUEDE LEATHER a "shout-out"!

Noted! Just kidding.

Default Re: Hello, just wanted to drop in and give Avon's BLACK SUEDE LEATHER a "shout-out"!

Have not sampled Black Suede Leather yet, but Black Suede Touch is very good fragrance and if it had better longevity it would be on par with better designer releases.

Are this 2 simillar?
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Have not sampled Black Suede Leather yet, but Black Suede Touch is very good fragrance and if it had better longevity it would be on par with better designer releases.

Are this 2 simillar?
    I have Black Suede Touch and do not see a resemblance.

Post Thanks / Like

Not knowing this scent yet, but if it's good as Black Suede Touch, I might give it a try

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The original Black Suede was the first cologne I ever wore back in high school - I can't find a sample of it to save my life (I'd love to smell it again without having to buy a bottle. The first time I smelled Caron's 3rd Man, the first thing that came flooding back to me was how much it smelled like Black Suede...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is the fragrance similar to any other popular designer frags? Like azzaro pour homme, or even Cuba black. The name and design of the bottle make me feel like that was the scent they were trying to emulate? Anyone have any famous, popular scent it is similar to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just as a heads up. Black suede leather smells extremely similar the Ed hardy's love & luck. Or Cuba wild hearts. Smells nothing like original black suede. No Avon powder note. Fresh clean. Modern. Descent longevity. Average Sillage. I actually really like it as a free clean, not sweet, not aquatic frag. Nice dry down. Especially on the dry down it is almost identical to Ed hardy. But really all the way through. Doesn't smell cheap. No one would guess its Avon. A great budget find. My wife loves it. Has a nice youthful quality to it. Reminds me go my memory of the smell of Hugo years ago.

•yEs•
    •yEs•
    •yEs•

I've never tried this but have been interested in some of the vintage fragrances. I might have to check this one out.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think the version of BLACK SUEDE LETHER is the 2010 version. Not the original "vintage" BLACK SUEDE, or the vintage AVON LEATHER. The one I wrote about is the current "in production" BLACK SUEDE LEATHER. All 3 of these fragrances are quite different. In fact, BLACK SUEDE and BLACK SUEDE LEATHER are polar opposites, I enjoy them both. But one definitely feels "old school" the other more..."new school."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

To me BLACK SUEDE LEATHER has very little leather....until the drydown. Then the tangy leather vibe starts to come out.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Suede smells like Dunhill 1934.
    Black Suede Touch smells like a toned down version of Bogart pour Homme.
    Black Suede Leather smells like... I don't know. It does remind me of Armani (Black) Code.

I like them all, but their longevity is quite limited, almost like an after shave, unless you apply profusely. On the other hand, they are so popular you can get whiffs of them on buses, trains and subways first time in the morning.Thus I associate it with public transportation (nothing worng with it, me being one such user).

Wrap up: I generally use these kinds of scents (EdT + deodorant) after the shower I take after working out. Inexpensive, not tenacious, nice, good for an hour or so.

[QUOTE=EarNoseThroat;2596226]•yEs•
    •yEs•
    •yEs•[/Q UOTE]
    •nO•

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Armani black. I guess I can see a slight similarity. Kind of in the same way I said BSL reminds me in some ways of Hugo by Hugo boss. They are all similar beasts. Clean. Fresh. Non aquatic. Youthful.

I've never smell dunhill but I like black suede the original. Its a unique frag. Not mind blowing but warm and inviting. Smells like the color amber, if that makes sense.

I actually get excellent longevity on on both black suede and black suede leather. Both always take me through an 8+ hour day easily. And I get whiffs of the after that, as well as throw the day. I usually use slightly more leather than BS original. Because its not as strong. 3 sprays of BS chest, neck, wrisr gives me 8+, sometime an extra shot on my ABS. Leather 4-5 shots. Neck, wrist, and 3 on chest - ABS right out of the show. Nice sillage. Great longevity. In my area in NYC I never smell any of these. Le male seems to be the only cologne known to the males in this area
    Last edited by judahsmith; 17th June 2012 at 03:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea Avon made anything for men. Where does one get to sample this? My curiosity is piqued.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

But to me there best men frag. Hands down is tomorrow pour homme. It's amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I buy my suff on amazon or eBay.