Code of Conduct

Thread: Endymion!

Thumbs up Endymion!

Hey, this was a nice surprise! I ordered a few samples from Lucky Scent, they were nice enough to send them to me for free; Philosykos and Sartorial.

But they also threw in a sample of Endymion, which I had not requested.

I think this might be my next purchase.

It has a great sweet, somewhat creamy opening (cardamom and lavender?) that is well balanced by a coniferous element (very similar to the coniferous element in Aventus). I think it might be the sage. There's also some pepper kicking around.

I'm yet to experience the real drydown as I've only been wearing it for about 20 minutes. But so far, I'm impressed.

There are aspects that remind me of Allure Homme, but their done in a more refined and subtle way, where I find Allure obnoxious, I do not find this with Endymion.

It seems fairly complex as well, and something that is likely to hold my attention throughout it's duration.

So I'm pretty excited about this one.

As far as Sartorial, I like it. I think it's good, but not particularly my style, though I can tell it's well done, but it would seem better suited on my barber, who wears silk shirts, pinky rings, and gold medallions to accent his hairy chest.

The only scent that might get in my way of purchasing Endymion is Philosykos.

I really like this one as well, though I'm not surprised after all the reviews I read. It's buttery smooth, watery, very natural smelling, and the fig/coconut combination is so soft and relaxing it more or less blankets you in its aura. A truly beautiful scent.

My GF said she pictured Philosykos on herself more than me though (not that I care, particularly). And she thought I was better suited for Endymion. But I don't know, it seems very unisex to me.

Does that give me an excuse to get both?

By now the amber is starting to emerge in the Endymion, and it's doing a good job of winning me over.

What are your experiences with this one, basenoters?

Banned

Default Re: Endymion!

I own and very much enjoy both. Philosykos works best as a summer fragrance for me whereas Endymion can easily be used all year round; I'll be pulling it out a lot this autumn. Both are excellent scents; if I had to choose one it would be Endymion, but my advice would be to get both!

Endymion does not shout. It beckons you with it's subtlety. That said it is a sexy, nuanced gourmand.

It's my SOTD. I haven't worn it in some time, though I've had it since it first came out. Never got the coffee note in it, but it has a nice incense note in the base - somewhat reminiscent of Visit.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    It's my SOTD. I haven't worn it in some time, though I've had it since it first came out. Never got the coffee note in it, but it has a nice incense note in the base - somewhat reminiscent of Visit.
    Yeah, I can't say I notice any coffee either.

Less a coffee note than a creamy latte kind of scent is what I get with Endymion. I like it, but find it a bit fleeting for my tastes.

Endymion is a nearly groundbreaking gourmand to my nose: I detect notes of sage, cocoa, winter spice, sweet exotic woods, all masterfully and yet also inoffensively blended together

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Less a coffee note than a creamy latte kind of scent is what I get with Endymion. I like it, but find it a bit fleeting for my tastes.
    It's one that has to be applied with a heavy hand or reapplied if you want it to shine all day. Probably down to it being EDC.

Personally didn't care for Endymion at all.

I like the scent, but never really found it groundbreaking. In fact, I found it to be almost run of the mill for a house such as Penhaligon. It does have something of a resemblance with Allure, but it "feels" like your typical long-standing, traditional house trying to make a modern and somewhat mainstream release. I say that as I have it on one hand and Azzaro Visit on the other, both released in 2003, and there's just too many similarities in overall feel. Both have a number of the same notes, Visit being somewhat cloying and denser. If anyone has these two scents, give them a sniff side by side - to my nose they smell but perhaps one or two notes off from one another.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I like the scent, but never really found it groundbreaking. In fact, I found it to be almost run of the mill for a house such as Penhaligon. It does have something of a resemblance with Allure, but it "feels" like your typical long-standing, traditional house trying to make a modern and somewhat mainstream release. I say that as I have it on one hand and Azzaro Visit on the other, both released in 2003, and there's just too many similarities in overall feel. Both have a number of the same notes, Visit being somewhat cloying and denser. If anyone has these two scents, give them a sniff side by side - to my nose they smell but perhaps one or two notes off from one another.
    I can definitely see your point of a traditional house trying to make a modern, mainstream release, as far as how it smells. But from what I've experienced so far, it seems to me like they did a very good job of it and it still retains just enough of that 'niche' charm to separate it from your typical designers.

I'll keep your comments in mind though, and probably give it a few more wearings before I make a decision. I've been getting rid of lots of frags recently, and really trying to buy only those that are truly special and will hold my interest for years.

I like it very much, but it`s a EDC so The stayingpower and sillage are very weak. Unfortunately!

This is probably my favorite of their fragrances, though I didn't love it enough to get a full bottle. It's good stuff though, hope you continue to enjoy it!