Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Portrait of a Lady" - Can I do better with $210?

I received samples of Portrait of a Lady and Musc Ravageur today. MR was 'nice'. I didn't care much for the sweet vanilla that kept on lingering for hours. Though the Cinnamon and Clove dialogue in the opening was really beautiful.

PoL on the other hand blew my mind. I wasn't expecting to like it much, mainly because I thought I would find the rose dominance too feminine. But Eliza at Fredric Malle recommended that I give it a try, and I'm happy that I did.
    I was going to place an order for a 50 ml ($210) but I noticed that PoL hasn't come up much in the rose discussions on Basenotes. Is that because there are better alternatives for that price? I don't have much experience with rose based fragrances, especially men/unisex ones. Should I just go ahead with PoL or opt for something else?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Portrait of a Lady" - Can I do better with $210?

I'm no big fan of MR either, I find MKK or Absolue pour le soir much more interesting. As for Portrait of a Lady, which I own, I recall several discussions here on BN, though not specifically in rose-centered threads. The reason is that it not a rose soliflore, but a complex rose-leather-woody. I assume you've worn it and waited for the drydown, which is especially long lasting and intense, though perhaps in the modern woody-ambery style. I cannot think of anything like it, so if you like it, why not?

If I had to decide which somewhat rosy floral to get first, I would start from others (Gold man, Black Aoud, perhaps even Joy), but they're no substitute for PoL.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. In fact I liked the drydown on PoL better than its opening. After about half hour even though the rose was still there strong, it became much less transparent and left the foreground. It is still after 12 hours smelling really beautifully.

All the three you mentioned (Gold man, Black oud, and Joy) are about half the price of PoL. Which makes it hard for me not to try them first.

By the way, I found something on lcukyscent that has opium listed in its ingredients.

Thanks cacio, you're always the first person to reply to my posts.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't smelled any alternatives to PoaL. Its such a dank rose and incense with an underlying patchouli but not an earthy moist patchouli. No it feels like a batch of patchouli was air dried.

Its such an intense rose and incense perfume. Both my wife and I love it.

for swap/sale:

This thread inspired me to pull out my sample that i have not tried in months. I am actually looking for another rose based fragrance, after picking up MFK LNPH, which I adore, i want to find another one, a bit darker/heavier rose based sent.

Initial blast, it comes off feminine to mee which is what i remember from my initial testing. Reza, did you find it feminine or do you think this is a easy one for a male to pull off? Also, have you tried Tom Fords Noir de Noir, this one is really grabbing my attention lately and has been the front runner thus far.

Post Thanks / Like

Persianprince:
    as Reza was saying, the rose leaves the foreground after a while, so wait to smell the incensy-dry patch drydown. Overall, I find LN darker than PoL, though PoL is way more potent and long lasting. I assume you've tried Black Aoud, which is as dark and heavy as it gets in the rose field.

Reza:
    interesting notes... notes are always fantasy, of course. I was not aware of Tunisia as a producer of opium. But could they have said Afghan opium? But who knows, perhaps those Tunisian sneak in some poppies together with their neroli. In any case, I'll make a point of smelling it when I see it (I think Henri Bendel or Barneys have the line).

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Overall I find PoL more masculine than feminine. But yes, the opening is slightly more feminine. Though I suspect that's a mere association between rose and feminitude - then again everything is an association between something and something else
    That said, PoL is definitely not the kind of scent you would want be smelling like wearing lumberjack plad and cargo pants.

cacio: Your description of Black Aoud has left me drooling here...
    I think Tunisian opium sounds more exotic (think marketing brainstorm session) than Afghan opium. There's no mention of Tunisia in the Wiki page on opium.
    Also, please let me know what you think if you get to try Yosh Omniscent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think that PoL at $210 is a great buy. The only things on my list that are competing with it now (what I might jokingly refer to as knock-out rose) are Tribute rose attar ($350-$650) and JAR Bed of Roses ($500). PoL is my next Malle unless something better drops in that line between now and then.

Portrait of a Lady is on the top of my wish list.
    Just to play the devil's advocate, have you ever tried Aromatics Elixir or Aramis 900? They're less angular and monumental than the Lady in question, and their rose note is bargain basement compared to the Malle, but they do have quite a few notes in common, and have that "boldness-of-material" presentation that makes Portrait of a Lady so distinct.
    On second thought, just get the Lady.

Post Thanks / Like

Portrait of a Lady is FANTASTIC! get the Lady!

I will say the lasting power on this thing is very impressive....beats Noir De Noir by a long shot and has far more projection power too

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    Portrait of a Lady is FANTASTIC! get the Lady!
    I absolutely agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Get Portrait of A Lady.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

It's a definite yes to the Lady then. Good. I really wanted to hear this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Get Portrait of A Lady.
    + 1

Post Thanks / Like

POAL sounds fantastic - this thread has me stoked to try it. But then I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Just to play the devil's advocate, have you ever tried Aromatics Elixir or Aramis 900?
    And I picture myself being attacked by a mummy wearing rouge. I hate those two with an unholy passion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    POAL sounds fantastic - this thread has me stoked to try it. But then I read this:

And I picture myself being attacked by a mummy wearing rouge. I hate those two with an unholy passion.
    I think a major factor in PoL's grandeur is the fine quality of the material used. Do the same formula with cheap stuff and you'll probably end up with something that smells like feet :|

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    It's a definite yes to the Lady then. Good. I really wanted to hear this.
    you will enjoy !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re the similarity with the Estee Lauders, I love Aramis 900 and AE, but I don't get much similarity with PoL. Aramis 900 and especially AE are bold, spicy aromatic concoctions, they have, if any, a dark feel. PoL is instead bright and luminous, with a dry, non-balsamic drydown that's much more modern in feel with its dry patch, leather and woody-ambers. What they have in common is that they are both extremely tenacious.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like it will be worth trying this then. I can't resist a creative rose.

Woody-amber, though, brought another thing to mind: how similar is this to Homage? :-?

I wore this last night and wow, the lasting power is insane, this morning it was still going strong. Overall i prefer NdN when it comes to overall scent, but can't deny the quailty of POAL, just something in it is a bit off putting to me, not sure what note it is that kind of ruins it.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds to me like you really like PoL. So, I hesitate to suggest what would be "better," since that's really a very subjective term.
    There may well be a lot things you'd like better if you tested a bunch of scents, but I'd say roll with it now and you'll find other stuff you like later.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a major factor in PoL's grandeur is the fine quality of the material used. Do the same formula with cheap stuff and you'll probably end up with something that smells like feet :|
    Indeed. Ropion's fragrances for Malle are of the highest quality.

Post Thanks / Like

sugandaraja:

as I mentioned in other posts, I had mixed experiences with Homage. The first time I smelled it, it was an aldehydic floral bomb lifted by pure frankincense. This year, perhaps because of nose fatigue, it came off as a weaker citrusy-orange blossom thing. In any case, PoL is less floral than either impressions, especially in the drydown, and it has a much more modern synthetic (not necessarily in a bad way) woody feel.

cacio

I always said that after I run out of Lyric man, I would revisit POAL, also, 1876 by Histories de parfums.
    as I re-visited POAL today from a sample, I have to say, it's way too fruity and feminine for a man to wear, I do wear Carnal Flower, so I'm not opposed to florals, it's that berry, fruity thing, rasberry or strawberry that ruins this, makes it very feminine and well behaved for my tastes, the patchouli is very faint, even after wearing for a couple of hours......now on to 1876, Mata Hari, marketed as a feminine, opens with rose (of course), citrus, spice, then it gets a little dirty and delicious, I have to say, this is more like a men's rose, lush, dark, a little victorian, cumin and animal notes are more pronounced, but, not like rose31(armpit), it's very well balanced. smell 1876 first, is what I recommend, 205$ for 4oz, about 115$ for 2oz. different and affordable enough to add to my collection, I guess my wardrobe can have another rose. Lyric is still 1#.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by musclegod007 View Post
    I always said that after I run out of Lyric man, I would revisit POAL, also, 1876 by Histories de parfums.
    as I re-visited POAL today from a sample, I have to say, it's way too fruity and feminine for a man to wear, I do wear Carnal Flower, so I'm not opposed to florals, it's that berry, fruity thing, rasberry or strawberry that ruins this, makes it very feminine and well behaved for my tastes, the patchouli is very faint, even after wearing for a couple of hours......now on to 1876, Mata Hari, marketed as a feminine, opens with rose (of course), citrus, spice, then it gets a little dirty and delicious, I have to say, this is more like a men's rose, lush, dark, a little victorian, cumin and animal notes are more pronounced, but, not like rose31(armpit), it's very well balanced. smell 1876 first, is what I recommend, 205$ for 4oz, about 115$ for 2oz. different and affordable enough to add to my collection, I guess my wardrobe can have another rose. Lyric is still 1#.....
    Does that mean that you endorse Lyric Man above all other roses then (including 1876)?

Tricky, as there are so many interpretations of rose... I think it hasn't been mentioned as much as you claim due to it coming across as a higher-quality Montale rose-oud.

Unless you're not looking for a specific rose profile in a fragrance, and you like PoL, just get it.

Does that mean that you endorse Lyric Man above all other roses then (including 1876)?
    not really, Lyric is too much for day to day wear, but it is a masterpiece, I do love it, as i also love Memoir, I really have to be in the mood for this one as well, Mata hari is a different style of scent, easier to wear, I could go through a botttle of this effortlessly, However, I;m having second thoughts on POAL, once I get over the jaminess, fruity top, I love the patchouli on the drydown, rose is just right and the clove and cinnamon, the molecular structure on the patchouli has been altered, it's richer, without the harsh edges, I'm loving this, it's funny how when you revisit something a few months after the initial sniff, you get it, the question now is, 50 or a 100 Mls, I was hoping Baie Rose for Le Labo would be like this, this is so much better, the ambrox killls baie rose for mr.

If you haven't tried Lyric, I highly recommend it, angelica, lime, rose accords on the opening are what Amouage are about. POAL is a modern classic, Lyric is based on the weight of the traditional ingredients and their fulness, where as Poal is a traditional structure, but the ingredients work on a lighter scale.

Did you try Paestum Rose? Black Aoud is a better bang for the buck too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to get PoL anyway, I really love it. But I'll definitely make a note to try Lyric, Le Labo, and Black Aoud soon.
    I'm curious though, nobody mentioned By Killian. What do people think of, say, Rose Oud?

I'm going to get PoL anyway, I really love it. But I'll definitely make a note to try Lyric, Le Labo, and Black Aoud soon.
    I'm curious though, nobody mentioned By Killian. What do people think of, say, Rose Oud?
    Rose Oud is a beautiful scent IMO, great projection and like all Kilians, amazing longevity. It does lean more towards the fem side, and a tad sweet but I think its beautiful. I have a 2ml sample that i'm currently working through but just not sure if this is bottle worthy, but possible a small decant would better optioni

Arabian Diamond is superb too!

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Dorje123; 30th December 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Lyric is a must try. Even if you cant see yourself wearing it, its just a beautiful aroma to experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Rose Oud is the best rose centered frag I have ever tried, I have had it since it first came out and have sampled many rose frags, as it is my favorite note. It does lean femme, but I'm with musclegod007, I can handle something a little femme leaning but add fruity to rose and it's just way too far over the line. While Rose Oud's rose is a juicy "live" rose, it is balanced out by the darkness of the oud. I also love Lyric man and have a decant of that. Have not tried PoL yet, but since it's a fruity rose I'll probably stay away. Kilian's Liasons Dangereuses is also a fruity (plummy) rose, love it but I can't wear it, would be great on a woman though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Rose Oud is the best rose centered frag I have ever tried, I have had it since it first came out and have sampled many rose frags, as it is my favorite note. It does lean femme, but I'm with musclegod007, I can handle something a little femme leaning but add fruity to rose and it's just way too far over the line. While Rose Oud's rose is a juicy "live" rose, it is balanced out by the darkness of the oud. I also love Lyric man and have a decant of that. Have not tried PoL yet, but since it's a fruity rose I'll probably stay away. Kilian's Liasons Dangereuses is also a fruity (plummy) rose, love it but I can't wear it, would be great on a woman though.
    What type of feedback have you received from others while wearing Rose Oud?

Post Thanks / Like

Got my samples of Lyric, Rose 31, and Black Aoud on the way. Luckyscent doesn't offer samples for Rose Oud, and I'm very reluctant to feed TPC's greed...

Got my samples of Lyric, Rose 31, and Black Aoud on the way. Luckyscent doesn't offer samples for Rose Oud, and I'm very reluctant to feed TPC's greed...
    Reza, not sure how close you are to Bergdoff or any department store which may carry the Kilian line, but if you are close be sure to check them out. They are extremely generous with samples and i received a sample of the entire line. Nothings better than not having to pay for samples!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    What type of feedback have you received from others while wearing Rose Oud?
    Nothing yet, but I apply lightly... it is for my own enjoyment and most people can't smell it unless they hug me, which isn't my normal greeting. Rose Oud is a 1-spray frag for me, on the chest. The only frags I've gotten comments on regularly are Terre d'Hermes and Aventus, because it's impossible to apply those without others noticing.

Post Thanks / Like

Reza, not sure how close you are to Bergdoff or any department store which may carry the Kilian line, but if you are close be sure to check them out. They are extremely generous with samples and i received a sample of the entire line. Nothings better than not having to pay for samples!
    The only thing we have in this God forsaken corner of the world is a Bon Ton - and countless number of hippies :|
    But I'm visiting NYC and SF soon. I'll give Bergdorf a try.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing we have in this God forsaken corner of the world is a Bon Ton - and countless number of hippies :|
    But I'm visiting NYC and SF soon. I'll give Bergdorf a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I received samples of Portrait of a Lady and Musc Ravageur today. MR was 'nice'. I didn't care much for the sweet vanilla that kept on lingering for hours. Though the Cinnamon and Clove dialogue in the opening was really beautiful.

PoL on the other hand blew my mind. I wasn't expecting to like it much, mainly because I thought I would find the rose dominance too feminine. But Eliza at Fredric Malle recommended that I give it a try, and I'm happy that I did.
    I was going to place an order for a 50 ml ($210) but I noticed that PoL hasn't come up much in the rose discussions on Basenotes. Is that because there are better alternatives for that price? I don't have much experience with rose based fragrances, especially men/unisex ones. Should I just go ahead with PoL or opt for something else?

Thanks
    A Question. Are you a Lady?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    A Question. Are you a Lady?
    Of course. Don't you see the pink ribbon on my hair in the avatar?

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate post.
    Last edited by Reza; 30th December 2011 at 09:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course. Don't you see the pink ribbon on my hair in the avatar?
    jk..... ; )

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this just to share my reflections on the followings:

I tried Lyric, Rose 31, Black Aoud, and Etro Etra.

Black Aoud was a surprising disappointment. First of all the rose smells cheap. I have had my share of being exposed to cheap 'rose water', and I can say with confidence that the rose in BA smells indistinguishable from that. Second, compared to the other roses that I sampled BA had very little complexity, rose + oud, and that's it. Also, its only evolution over time was for the rose to loose its edge and become dull. I can also see how some people would describe this as medicinal. Overall a firm nay from me.

Rose 31 was very nice and definitely full bottle worthy. However, it is NOT a rose centered perfume. There is only a faint trace of rose throughout. So though I really liked it, it would definitely not stand a chance in a rose league.

Lyric was the only one that came close to PoL in terms of complexity and evolution over time, with a rose note that's not shy at all. But I still like the rose note in PoL a lot better. Somehow it has a much more vivid and fresh rendition of rose. Plus I find the raspberry note in PoL playing a very crucial role holding things together.

Finally, Etro Etra was a really nice rose, but way too feminine.

There are still a few more that I haven't tried, but having sampled some of the most popular roses out there, PoL is shaping up to be the winner.

Bumping this just to share my reflections on the followings:

I tried Lyric, Rose 31, Black Aoud, and Etro Etra.

Black Aoud was a surprising disappointment. First of all the rose smells cheap. I have had my share of being exposed to cheap 'rose water', and I can say with confidence that the rose in BA smells indistinguishable from that. Second, compared to the other roses that I sampled BA had very little complexity, rose + oud, and that's it. Also, its only evolution over time was for the rose to loose its edge and become dull. I can also see how some people would describe this as medicinal. Overall a firm nay from me.

Rose 31 was very nice and definitely full bottle worthy. However, it is NOT a rose centered perfume. There is only a faint trace of rose throughout. So though I really liked it, it would definitely not stand a chance in a rose league.

Lyric was the only one that came close to PoL in terms of complexity and evolution over time, with a rose note that's not shy at all. But I still like the rose note in PoL a lot better. Somehow it has a much more vivid and fresh rendition of rose. Plus I find the raspberry note in PoL playing a very crucial role holding things together.

Finally, Etro Etra was a really nice rose, but way too feminine.

There are still a few more that I haven't tried, but having sampled some of the most popular roses out there, PoL is shaping up to be the winner.
    Yes Rose31 is FBW, but i agree not a rose centered frag to compare in this genre of scents. I would love to see you sample rose oud and Noir de Noir and lastly Luminior Noiere from MFK. These 3 are all must trys if not must buys

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Rose31 is FBW, but i agree not a rose centered frag to compare in this genre of scents. I would love to see you sample rose oud and Noir de Noir and lastly Luminior Noiere from MFK. These 3 are all must trys if not must buys
    MFK and Rose Oud, absolutely. But I'm not too sure about NdN. I know this sounds silly, if not foolish, but I tend to think of Tom Ford and Creed as the D&G of the niche houses: everybody likes them. Be that as it may, that's enough reason for me to want to stay away from them.

MFK and Rose Oud, absolutely. But I'm not too sure about NdN. I know this sounds silly, if not foolish, but I tend to think of Tom Ford and Creed as the D&G of the niche houses: everybody likes them. Be that as it may, that's enough reason for me to want to stay away from them.
    I can see where you're coming from, but i still think NdN is amazing juice, unique and i have yet to smell anything like it. Might suprise you As far as Creed goes...I agree with your statement lol

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with your assements of Rose 31, Lyric, and Black Oud...

Rose 31's totally worth it, but I wouldn't say it's really about roses, and Black Oud's mostly about Oud, the rose is not a particularly good one, nor does the frag really tell any sort of story there.

IMO, Portrait's expensive, but there's nothing quite like it. If you can/willing to buy it and want it, then it's worth it.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Post Thanks / Like

This is what makes Rose 31 unique and desirable.

I suddenly have the insatiable urge to eat chelow kababs and drink ayran!

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

Given your liking for Lyric, I'd say that you like your rose, or your flowers, in a natural, but clean and radiant manner, more modern in style and supported by woody ambers or other dry materials. Rose 31 is more a spicy (and I don't really love it). I do love Black oud, but it's a completely different thing, a powerful, in your face synthetic oud - dark and brooding. None of the luminosity of PoL.

You might like Larimar's favorite, En Avion extrait, which is not primarily a rose, but it's floral and shares some of the dry leatheriness with PoL.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you were so impressed with it at the beginning that you sort of didnt pay much attention to its mid and dry down but its a patchouli bomb 2 hours into and until it ends.

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

I can see where you're coming from, but i still think NdN is amazing juice, unique and i have yet to smell anything like it. Might suprise you As far as Creed goes...I agree with your statement lol
    In my next trip to a dept store I'm going to try Tobacco Vanille and Noire de Noire. After all I'm pretty curious what all the fuss is about.

I agree with your assements of Rose 31, Lyric, and Black Oud...

Rose 31's totally worth it, but I wouldn't say it's really about roses, and Black Oud's mostly about Oud, the rose is not a particularly good one, nor does the frag really tell any sort of story there.

IMO, Portrait's expensive, but there's nothing quite like it. If you can/willing to buy it and want it, then it's worth it.
    Yup very expensive. The silver lining though is that you need only one spray, and you're set for 12+ hours.

I suddenly have the insatiable urge to eat chelow kababs and drink ayran!
    I'm sure the people at Le Labo would love to hear about your association of Rose 31 to Chelow Kabob ; )
    What's Ayran?

Given your liking for Lyric, I'd say that you like your rose, or your flowers, in a natural, but clean and radiant manner, more modern in style and supported by woody ambers or other dry materials. Rose 31 is more a spicy (and I don't really love it). I do love Black oud, but it's a completely different thing, a powerful, in your face synthetic oud - dark and brooding. None of the luminosity of PoL.

You might like Larimar's favorite, En Avion extrait, which is not primarily a rose, but it's floral and shares some of the dry leatheriness with PoL.

cacio
    Thing is, with all the money that I have spent chasing a good rose through samples I could have been 35% of the way up to a 30 ml PoL. But I'll make a mental note of these in case I come across them in my next trip to the city.

I don't know if you were so impressed with it at the beginning that you sort of didnt pay much attention to its mid and dry down but its a patchouli bomb 2 hours into and until it ends.
    I beg to differ: I can notice the rose dominance for as long as the frag is alive on my skin. Sure, there is patchouli and 'lots' of fruit/ berry, but the rose does not shy away.

You should really try Paestum Rose.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the people at Le Labo would love to hear about your association of Rose 31 to Chelow Kabob ; )
    What's Ayran?
    Sorry I meant Doogh. Its your name and flag that prompted the sudden craving lol.

I beg to differ: I can notice the rose dominance for as long as the frag is alive on my skin. Sure, there is patchouli and 'lots' of fruit/ berry, but the rose does not shy away.
    I didn't mean that it renders itself a patchouli perfume with no trace of rose. I meant that the rose to patchouli ratio decreases severely. I'd 65% / 35% with patchouli dominating. I say this by comparing PoaL to other rose centric perfumes like no.88 (50/50 rose/geranium) for example. I'd even go as far as saying that its a dynamic perfume that can be considered rose prominent at the start and then patchouli prominent at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Agreed. Its amazing.

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

$ wise it is very tempting, but luckyscent's gender-o-meter is scaringly to the left. What do you think?

Sorry I meant Doogh
    Hah. Doogh I like. Kabob not so much. And Chelow must be killed with fire.

I didn't mean that it renders itself a patchouli perfume with no trace of rose. I meant that the rose to patchouli ratio decreases severely. I'd 65% / 35% with patchouli dominating. I say this by comparing PoaL to other rose centric perfumes like no.88 (50/50 rose/geranium) for example. I'd even go as far as saying that its a dynamic perfume that can be considered rose prominent at the start and then patchouli prominent at the end.
    Okay. But still I believe it's not the patchouli that I'm drawn too. It is that 35% rose.

$ wise it is very tempting, but luckyscent's gender-o-meter is scaringly to the left. What do you think?
    It is masculine on me, I receive tons of compliments.
    A female coworker tried it and it was too manly for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    It is masculine on me, I receive tons of compliments.
    A female coworker tried it and it was too manly for her.
    I do like the notes listed, and I can see how the composition can have resemblances to PoL. Maybe I should give in and order one more sample. Thanks :-)