Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir- Last Chance!

Hello Basenoters,

I've tried this scent over and over again. It sits so close to my skin that I and others around me cannot detect it. I've over applied it and that doesn't seem to do anything either. As the weather starts to heat up here I'm going to start wearing it day and night and see if it develops differently.

I realise not all fragrances are bold and strong and some show their elegance through their refinement but I'm on my last shred of patience with this one. If it doesn't get better, it's GONE!!!!!
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir- Last Chance!

I say don't waste any more time on this one. I personally have only found one Bulgari fragrance worth owning - Black.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hi Koala;

I was carded this at my local independent frag shop just a week ago. Might have been where you got your bottle. The nice lady there is obviously trying to move it.

I liked it, but found it was a bit light on projection for my liking once the ethanol burnt away. Scent itself was rather pleasing to my nose.

Unfortunately, I don't think you are going to find what you are looking for. I really like the scent, but it's lack of longevity and projection are the reasons I no longer own it either

I don't reach for it often, but when I do I am glad I keep it around. The soft tea on pepper notes make it good and safe; office wear+++.

Bulgari perfumes are known by people in the industry as to being blended after base notes rather than top notes: this means you won't get any kind of notorious accords after being applied. Add to this that many are anosmic to musks, one of the most important ingredients when it comes to blending base notes.

Wrapping it up, this one is a skin scent, thus without projection, which might be a good thing for those looking after subdued fragraces, and something bad for those looking after projection and sillage. I would describe it as a classical approach to male perfume-making. "À chacun son goût": this would have been the right choice for my Father, who considered fragrances released during the 1980's as a good choice for youngster who were ignorant as to how to wear fragrances due to their boldness ("a perfumed man should do it discreetly, you don't want to turn yourself into a moving room deodorizer being noticed by everyone around, it would be like dressing with flashy clothes").

In my case, I like bolder scents applied very lightly, thus I would not bother buying it, but, at the same time, would not mind keeping a bottle if given it as a present - it would add some diversity to my wardrobe.

Bulgari Black is a completely different thing though.
    Last edited by Pollux; 11th September 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Personally never like the way this smelled.

Extreme projects better, but dont smells better, in my opinion.

Neither BpHS nor BpHE are worthy IMO, the former is a sour version, less classy than BpH and the latter tried to give some boost to the original but failed to replicate its subtlety and class statement. From this house I enjoy BpH, Blv and had a comfort surprise with B Man with its floral indian chai tea.

It it rather light but I still like it for certain occasions. I do have a soft spot for most Bvlgaris as these were some of the first frags I owned.

Like Bulgari pour Homme, this is one to wear for yourself and not for others as most people will not be able to detect it unless they are in extremely close quarters to you. If you don't enjoy it personally, get rid of it now, as thinking that more sprays/more wearings will make it more apparent to others is a losing battle with this fragrance

If you want something that projects and last much longer. go with Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.

Personally I have no lovebird problems with soir and it projects well for several hours, I love this scent..