Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Nice weather we are having!

Paco One Million = Cinnabuns
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 13th September 2011 at 06:12 AM.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Fragnet has 6.7 Pure Parfum Terre De Hermes Bottles for $89.00 shipped!!

Never heard of Pure Parfum came in that size.

Default Re: Fragnet has 6.7 Pure Parfum Terre De Hermes Bottles for $89.00 shipped!!

I bought one. I think they forgot a 1...like in $189.00 and not $89.00

too good to be true cause its $20.00 cheaper than the 2.5 Parfum

but I never tried the Parfum.
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 13th September 2011 at 05:14 AM.
    -AVENTUS-

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Never heard of Pure Parfum came in that size.
    Another user recently got a Pure Parfum in that size actually. I just bought one. Hopefully I get what it advertised that I would be getting.

It does come in the 6.7 oz. size, I have one. Should retail for $205.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

My order is in! I too hope I get what I paid for, it doesn't even seem to be unboxed
    -AVENTUS-

I have one also - 200ml Pure parfum but can't remember what I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    My order is in! I too hope I get what I paid for, it doesn't even seem to be unboxed
    Here's to hoping.

Most likely it is the EDT.

Definitely a typo. Let's see if they still honour their own screw-up.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbee View Post
    Definitely a typo. Let's see if they still honour their own screw-up.
    I screen picked it just in case.

They have the 6.7 oz EDT and the 6.7 oz Pure Parfum so it should not be that type o typo
    -AVENTUS-

In all reality, it probably is a typo, but one that I'm hoping they'll honor.

I just checked the US Hermes site and they don't even list the Pure Parfum anymore, but they list three sizes of the edt where there used to be just two sizes of the edt. Discontinued? I certainly not I hope.

This has to be a typo but I ordered one and hope it comes through.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Okay that's all folks!
    I am afraid if too many people buy then they will honor non of us lol
    We got our orders in and let's keep it a secret
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Nice weather we are having!

Indeed, it was a typo (or else a really great Mugler-esque 24-hr sale!): http://www.fragrancenet.com/terre-d-...mf/en_US/09143

Glad I snagged one. Same here, though, I hope they'll honor it.

I assume it's okay to peep now that it's changed, right? I believe I ordered the last one, since the price was changed (corrected) within minutes of my order. So, thanks for keeping mum til now, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun View Post
    Indeed, it was a typo (or else a really great Mugler-esque 24-hr sale!): http://www.fragrancenet.com/terre-d-...mf/en_US/09143

Glad I snagged one. Same here, though, I hope they'll honor it.

I assume it's okay to peep now that it's changed, right? I believe I ordered the last one, since the price was changed (corrected) within minutes of my order. So, thanks for keeping mum til now, folks!
    Guess we'll find out soon. In the chance that they try and refund me though, I hope they'll cover the re-conversion fee as well. Though I'd rather just have the Pure Parfum concentration for the price I paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Guess we'll find out soon. In the chance that they try and refund me though, I hope they'll cover the re-conversion fee as well. Though I'd rather just have the Pure Parfum concentration for the price I paid.
    I'm not getting my hopes too high, because the with the original listed price, free shipping for order over $75, AND the 15% basenotes discount, it came to just over $75 for what is now listed at $180.19. Insane price for that quantity of the pure parfum. Probably too good to be true, but as you said, we'll find out soon.

yeah they changed the price, $180.19 !!! wow, i know I never would have bought it at that price.
    I did receive my order confirmation and waiting on shipping confirmation.
    so I counted 3 of us who bought last night, I am sure they have at least another 6 bottles to sell at $180.00
    -AVENTUS-

I work retail and I know that if we mark something at a price, we have to sell it at that price. I certainly hope that this company has the same ethics. I just got the following message...

Thank you for your recent FragranceNet.com order.
    (Order number xxxxxxxx)

Your order is currently in our warehouse and you will be notified via email when your package ships.

I ordered so fast (my first with this company) that I used their 10% off coupon instead of the basenotes discount and scored this for $80.19. I feel so ripped off!

I am feeling rather smug this week, At long last I have ordered a bottle of Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme Extreme from Amazon for only $59.94 + 5.95 shipping, and now this. Now if I could find a bottle of New York Aoud for a great price I would really be on cloud 9!
    Last edited by Akahina; 13th September 2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: new info
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I didn't sign up for an account, I just used my PayPal account and my address was attached, so if anyone gets shipping confirmation post it here. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Just got my shipping confirmation. So, looks like those who ordered are good to go.

I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number just after 5pm. I'm still going to be skeptical that they shipped the pure parfum until I see it, unfortunately. Still, I'm excited. A 6.7oz of pure parfum is essentially a jug for that concentration.

And it looks like the 6.7 pure parfum is no longer even listed: http://www.fragrancenet.com/terre-d-...mf/en_US/09143

Thanks DavidBee456 for the lead on this!
    Last edited by blacksun; 14th September 2011 at 03:25 AM.

Yeah, thanks DavidBee456 for the heads up. Could've kept it quiet to ensure your own bottle, but you generously shared the info.

I won't believe it until I'm holding it in my hands, but it said it shipped this afternoon. We'll see I guess.

I too got order confirmation and a tracking number. But I believe! I have no doubt in my mind that we will get what we ordered. Why? Because it was advertised and we ordered it. To send a different product would be unethical business practice. Somebody screwed up and will probably be reprimanded and that will be it. So, the business sold a few bottles at or around cost and did not make a profit. The up side for them is that they have sold what they advertised even if the price was way too low and have made a few customers very, very happy. And I would venture a guess that all of us will be back and order more. In the end they can consider this as very good (and cheap) advertising because we will tell people that they made good on a mistake which in the end will advance their reputation. I see this as a win win for both fragrancenet and for us. Nobody loses.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

And thanks too to Davidbee456 for the heads up!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I'm all for that. And plus, since they got a sudden rush of people ordering and I would assume all using the Basenotes discount code, they know where the orders were coming from. And I would probably venture to say that considering they've gotten high ratings from the site's reviews, and many members shop there from time to time, they probably wouldn't want a slew of trash talking going on here if they didn't hold to what they advertised.

I'm all for that. And plus, since they got a sudden rush of people ordering and I would assume all using the Basenotes discount code, they know where the orders were coming from. And I would probably venture to say that considering they've gotten high ratings from the site's reviews, and many members shop there from time to time, they probably wouldn't want a slew of trash talking going on here if they didn't hold to what they advertised.
    Exactly. But not everyone used the "basenotes" discount. I did not. Honestly, I knew about it but wanted to order fast so it slipped my mind and I just took the 10% discount. Like I said, I feel so ripped off! LOL. I paid over $80 for 6.7 oz. of Terre d'Hermes Pure Parfum!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

You and Akahina raise some excellent points. I never thought about it, but using the basenotes code probably helped us there, as you said. In the end, it's not like it was posted to slickdeals and thousands rushed to buy it; it was probably a dozen or two bottles at most. Not worth making a vocal minority unhappy to save a few extra bucks.

Akahina, I can only imagine you're quite happy with this thread, considering I see TdH parfum as your #1 favorite.

Your welcome guys,

I too think we will get what we ordered, I have my tracking number and it says my order was shipped,

When fragrancenet.com gets in orders like that they do not get many bottles I counted 4 people who bought it when they changed the price and even when they changed the price to $180.00 i am sure a couple of people bought it..

I dont feel bad for fragrancenet and they really deserve my business!
    -AVENTUS-

When fragrancenet.com gets in orders like that they do not get many bottles I counted 4 people who bought it when they changed the price and even when they changed the price to $180.00 i am sure a couple of people bought it..
    It disappeared from their listing, so I assume other people probably shelled out to pay their regular asking price for it, as I don't tend to see 200ml of the Parfum readily available most places. And they'll continue to get my business if they're upfront about this order.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post

Akahina, I can only imagine you're quite happy with this thread, considering I see TdH parfum as your #1 favorite.
    Well, yes! I am very pleased...

My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

So it looks like i bought this and its on its way to me. I dont even like TdH. I wonder what i will do with it.

I hope that the first person that gets their shipment reports in.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Mine is not yet in transit (although I do have a tracking number).

We're pleased to let you know that your order has been shipped from our
    warehouse via Fedex and the United States Postal Service with delivery confirmation.

Yeah, apparently this doesn't exactly mean what is says. I don't think it has actually shipped yet.

Mine is in transit by UPS ground. It should arrive Tuesday the 20th.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Why would they use different shippers????

I am not sure but their website does say if you go to the shipping information page...

U.S. orders will be shipped via UPS, DHL, or U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail. Most packages arrive within 4-7 business days. (not a guaranteed service)
    FREE for orders over $70.00.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Weird, I think USPS and FedEx have some deal together now......

Yes they do, there are FedEx materials in my post office. Perhaps the different carriers are due to the distance being shipped? It may be cheaper to send by UPS to the west coast where I am? Just a thought.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    So it looks like i bought this and its on its way to me. I dont even like TdH. I wonder what i will do with it.
    You might just have to learn to love it! I already have the Parfum and I wear it a lot. I thought I had a lifetime supply before but now I know I do.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Yeah heperd, learn to love it. At less than $0.40/ml, this can be your everyday toss-away scent from now on (the kind where you can put it on an hour before you shower just because you want a pick-me-up). Pretty quality stuff for the price.

Also, it's different from the EDT (if that's the one you don't like), so it may surprise you.

I think its the black pepper in the edt that i hate. makes it turn very nasty on me after about an hour.

I really bought it in hopes of re-******* it. (Im not allowed yet to talk about ******* or ******* on the boards.)

The Parfum is much smoother, so you might find that you like it. You'll have no problem asterisk-ing it on the boards though if you don't.
    Last edited by Partario; 15th September 2011 at 02:50 AM.

Next time i'm at NM or Saks i'll get a sample of the parfum so mine can be BNIB.

Next time i'm at NM or Saks i'll get a sample of the parfum so mine can be BNIB.
    That's a pretty good idea. Give a few wearings before you make a decision.

Personally, I like the EDT and the parfum, but I think the parfum definitely smells higher quality. The orange smells more natural to my nose, and it's overall smoother and rounder as Partario said. I prefer the parfum, which is good since I have a tub-full of it coming my way.

I agree with hobbies22 in every point. I tend to reach for the edt to wear in the day time, especially if I am going out in the evening at which time I layer the parfum on top. I like the parfum more but have not worn it as often. That will change I am sure.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

But, is the pepper note still there? If so I cannot wear it.

Fragrantica lists...
    Top: Orange, Grapefruit
    Base: "Woodsy notes" Oak Moss, Benzoin

I don't detect pepper in the parfum.

In another blog review I said, "This I believe wears a bit closer to the skin than the EDT but the top notes of citrus last longer. Where the EDT slowly melts the citrus giving way to pepper and ending with a delicious cedary aroma, the Pure Parfum for me keeps more of the citrus through and through and has a deeper, richer aroma of benzoin mixed with wood and citrus. For me the Parfum does not have the same earth or flint smell, or at least not nearly as prominent. This Parfum seems to be a bit more linear in its progression and closer to the skin."
    Last edited by Akahina; 15th September 2011 at 08:39 AM.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

But, is the pepper note still there? If so I cannot wear it.
    As Akahina pointed out, the parfum doesn't seem to have any pepper. In fact, much of the sharpness found in the edt is gone in the parfum.

There is a certain translucence to the edt that is gone in the parfum, which is why some prefer the edt. Personally, I love the smoothness of the parfum more.

Thank you both

No problem heperd. We're all members of the Cheap Terre D'Hermes Parfum Cabal.

Apparently mine should be here by Sept. 24. Only nine more days of waiting.

i was going to rese** mine too because I love the EDT so much, but I dunno anymore..Maybe Ill Sell my brand new EDT instead..
    -AVENTUS-

Maybe Ill Sell my brand new EDT instead..
    I think that's the right choice.

hey it came in Brand New! Sealed, Fresh Bottle Of TdH Pure Perfum 6.7oz!!!!
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 8th November 2011 at 01:26 AM.
    -AVENTUS-

I still love the Edt,
    Decisions decisions...
    -AVENTUS-

Wow, it panned out then. Major cheers to you DavidBee for putting us onto this one. Hopefully mine arrives within the next week, so I can start debating if I'll open it or not.
    Last edited by Partario; 18th September 2011 at 02:44 AM.