Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Nice weather we are having!

Im not even going to tell how much less I got mine for w a special discount. Now you know why i had to buy it even though I dont really like it. Congrats to all of us. Too good to be true is sometimes true, but only sometimes.

Mine should come tomorrow. Anyone else get theirs?
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Im not even going to tell how much less I got mine for w a special discount. Now you know why i had to buy it even though I dont really like it. Congrats to all of us. Too good to be true is sometimes true, but only sometimes.
    Did you get a special discount different from the basenotes 15% discount?

And congrats to all of us that got this, really a great find. Thanks DavidBee. Still waiting for mine.

They also offer an occasional $20 dollars off if the order is over something or other, so that might have been the one as well.

I got my BIG bottle today !

My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I got my BIG bottle today !

I think we need something next to it to understand its relative size. I'm sure it's huge!

I'll have to work on that...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Got my bottle today too, it's 100% legit. Very impressed with Fragrancenet right now, I will be taking my business there for the foreseeable future. A big thanks again to DavidBee456 for bringing this to our attention.

Mine arrived today. It is indeed a hollow brick of glass full of pure parfum. Not that I buy massive quantities of a fragrance at once (however, I usually obsess over a fragrance and amass multiple bottles), but this is by far the biggest single bottle of fragrance I own.

Thanks again DavidBee456 for sharing the info, and good for Fragrancenet for following through and honoring the price (assuming it was a mistake).

My brother got his bottle, he's having problems with longevity and projection. I know projection should be less than the EDT, but what is everyone else getting for longevity?

He only got a few hours, but then again, he was doing a bike ride too (I'd imagine the wind would reduce longevity a bit).

Mine should be delivered tomorrow. But i wont be there to show it off till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun View Post
    Mine arrived today. It is indeed a hollow brick of glass full of pure parfum. Not that I buy massive quantities of a fragrance at once (however, I usually obsess over a fragrance and amass multiple bottles), but this is by far the biggest single bottle of fragrance I own.

Thanks again DavidBee456 for sharing the info, and good for Fragrancenet for following through and honoring the price (assuming it was a mistake).
    I think Fragrancenet made a few very happy customers by honoring the price mistake, and I'm sure most of us will do repeat business with them (I've already done another purchase after the TdH).

Funny, I've never used them before but have three big purchases with them just this month.

I agree, hobbes22. I've bought from them before and never had any problems. I figured I just got lucky, judging by some stories I've read on the forum. This definitely reinforces my confidence in the outfit, and I'll be buying from them again for sure. Someone said earlier that by honoring this price mistake and perhaps losing a few bucks, they'll be gaining customers and probably profiting in the end. Which is a good deal for everyone.

Well, I just got mine today too. Thanks again DavidBee.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Well, I just got mine today too. Thanks again DavidBee.
    Sweet. Since you're in CA that means mine should be in within another 6 days or so.

And once again, great picture Akahina!

Alright, the postman just delivered mine. That was actually faster than I was expecting. Now I have to burn through the rest of my 4ml decants and decide if I want to keep it or trade it...

Either way, Fragrancenet has probably earned a few repeat customers from this, myself included.
    Last edited by Partario; 22nd September 2011 at 03:51 AM.

"youre welcome you are all welcome!" Frank White in King Of New York.

I think the trick with fragrancenet is to go there every couple of days and see when they get testers and deals and etc..
    I love them for now,

And The EDP is definitely softer then the EDT in terms of projection and etc but its quality
    -AVENTUS-

I just ordered Dior Homme From them because they have the Dior Homme EDT OG formula with the sliver tube,
    its a classic and only they have it at this point, they have Guerlain L'instant at an amazing price too...
    -AVENTUS-

Hmm, I think we should all make a pact, and if we find a really good deal (or a mispricing) on Fragrancenet, then we post it in this thread. We can make this the official Fragrancenet Dealfinders Club (or Cabal if you prefer more mystery).

And I like the title of "Nice weather we're having" as kind of a 'wink' to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    I just ordered Dior Homme From them because they have the Dior Homme EDT OG formula with the sliver tube,
    its a classic and only they have it at this point, they have Guerlain L'instant at an amazing price too...
    Wait, how do you know the DH is the vintage silver tube version? And does that apply to all their bottles (including the unboxed 3.4oz), or only to certain ones?

Hmm, I think we should all make a pact, and if we find a really good deal (or a mispricing) on Fragrancenet, then we post it in this thread. We can make this the official Fragrancenet Dealfinders Club (or Cabal if you prefer more mystery).

And I like the title of "Nice weather we're having" as kind of a 'wink' to ourselves.
    I have to say that I like this idea!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Yay yay Hooray! It's so big!!! I didn't even know you could get it in such a big bottle - and now ..Whoah! look at that!
    Thank you DavidBee!!

Hey Cabal, just an FYI - you can get 20% off at beautyhabit.com using the friends and family code ff11.

Doesn't work on Serge Lutens or The Different Company, but it applies to Comme des Garcons, Diptyque, Frapin, Lubin, L'Artisan Parfumeur, and Parfums de Nicolai (and possibly others, but haven't checked).

Code expires Oct. 2nd at midnight.

Just got home and got to open it. Trying to convince myself that I like it

These may help to understand how big it is.

Maybe we should have a competition as to who can use theirs up in the least number of years!

Mine's been sitting in my perfume drawer in it's saran wrap. I still can't decide if I want to take the plunge and open it yet, or hold on to it for trades.

Oh, just open it and use it! It is a brilliant parfum ad you got it CHEAP!!!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Oh, just open it and use it! It is a brilliant parfum ad you got it CHEAP!!!
    It is good, I do agree, but I still have about 4ml of of the parfum in Hermes sample vials that I need to get through. To me, I like it about 4 stars worth (as of now), but I might be able to trade it for something of similar value that I would personally rate 5 stars. I figure I'll make up my mind after I burn through my sample sprays.

I'm waiting to use up my 50ml bottle, but couldn't resist opening it anyway.
    I'm wondering if the giant bottle might be a little awkward to hold and spray. Anyone struggling?

Decided that i dont like it. Just could resist the great deal. Whatever shall i do with this giant bottle of parfum missing 3 sprays?

You certainly would not tale a loss on "the bay". So since you joined in June (about the time I did) you could wait ontil next June and offer a trade or sale here on BN. Sorry you don't like it though...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Just a heads up for my "nice weather" friends...

If you have been wanting a vintage tester bottle of YSL M7 there is one on ebay right now for a very good price, buy it now for $46.49. I purchased one bottle and had a great buying experience with the seller. About a month ago they listed it again so I have a back up bottle now. Don't need a third! Good seller and a good price for this I think. Check it out if interested in vintage M7.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YSL-M7-EDT-4...item336e00bbd0
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Hello my fellow "nice weather" watchers. I've come to apologize, and brag a little. Two nights ago I found a 50ml bottle of Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver freshly listed on ebay for $38 AUD, which at the time was just under that in US dollars. It was listed by the (in)famous Strawberrynet, their Australian branch. I debated a bit about whether or not to get it, but eventually I just bought it. I planned to post the link here but I went to bed (sorry), and by morning the listing was ended and relisted at $110.50 AUD after selling two bottles at $38. I fully expected to get a message saying they were out of stock or just wouldn't honor the listing, but they marked it as shipped and posted a tracking number. Until it arrives and checks out to be the real thing, I am still preparing for disappointment. I'll report back when the bottle arrives in a few weeks.

Haha, I'm really starting to like the secret "weather watcher" reports. I think it's actually a pretty good idea. Thanks for posting.

Yep thanks for posting Keeping my eyes peeled....

Okay, I said I would report back when the Grey Vetiver arrived, and it did. It's the real deal! I'm impressed that they honored it and didn't send some used/returned piece of crap or even some grey market bottle with numbers removed, but it was brand new, sealed, and is authentic (proven by the typical Tom Ford nuclear longevity).

Just wanted to mention that if anyone is looking for some vintage M7, there are a few listed on ebay right now. I can't vouch for the sellers, but it's at least looking into if you're interested. There was a vintage gift set with 3.3oz edt and 3.3oz shower gel starting at just under $100.

Also, check out overstock.com's sale right now. They don't always have great prices, especially on designer juice, but the Creeds might be worth a look.

Hope everyone's 2012 is off to a good start!

Hey Weather Underground! Beautiful day in Austin. Sunny and 68*. Check this out

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&blockType=G53

25oz!!!! Split??
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Hello weather watchers!

If anyone finds a really good deal on Tom Ford Black Orchid, please let me know!

Thanks.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Hello weather watchers!

If anyone finds a really good deal on Tom Ford Black Orchid, please let me know!

Thanks.
    Not really the greatest deal in the world, but if you go to fragrancenet and use the code TSPECP20 you can get the 1.7 unboxed for something like 67 shipped, which isn't too shabby.

Anyone looking for Bvlgari Black soap, body wash, and/or body lotion: some listings on ebay at pretty good prices. Search for "Bvlgari Black soap" or shower gel or body lotion. The seller has different combos of the items listed. Not sure how hard these are to find, but I haven's seen items like these before.

Beauty encounter has M7 testers (vintage) for a decent price.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Hey all,

If anyone is interested, a seller on ebay (they seem reputable to me; I've bought from them and had no problems) has an A*Men 50ml edt and 50ml shower gel combo for $35 shipped; probably unboxed, but a good deal for that combo. Seller is jerryboy57. Same one selling the Bvlgari Black soap/lotion/shower gel I mentioned above. I have no affiliation with the seller, just see they have some good deals.

I've also bought from jerryboy57, and would likewise recommend them.

Fragrancenet has Midnight in Paris EDP for $51.75 as well as unboxed versions for $44.55. This is for the EDP, which usually sells for higher than the EDT.

Use code "basenotes" to get an additional 15% off (to around $44 and $38, respectively).

At Perfumania Prada Infusion DHomme 50ml for $28
    In the retain Perfumania store for about $25
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

For those that have wanted Bond No.9 Harrods Swarovski Limited Edition Oud but don't want to pay over $600, check this out.

How about Harrods Oud in a non crystal bottle for $210?

http://www.beautyencounter.com/buy/B...6700807/241022
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

For those that have wanted Bond No.9 Harrods Swarovski Limited Edition Oud but don't want to pay over $600, check this out.

Ughh, and I just dropped that much on two Serge Lutens bottles like 45 minutes ago. I'm happy with what I got, but I could have picked them up anytime. It would have been nice to score the Harrods Oud.

Which reminds me. Akahina, I know you were looking for a bottle of MKK at a decent price, and Strawberrynet is having a 10% discount across the board on all fragrances right now, which is where I just picked up my two from. Not sure if it's the most fantastic deal you can get on a FB, but not terrible either. I almost grabbed one myself but didn't because I probably shouldn't have even bought the two that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Ughh, and I just dropped that much on two Serge Lutens bottles like 45 minutes ago. I'm happy with what I got, but I could have picked them up anytime. It would have been nice to score the Harrods Oud.

Which reminds me. Akahina, I know you were looking for a bottle of MKK at a decent price, and Strawberrynet is having a 10% discount across the board on all fragrances right now, which is where I just picked up my two from. Not sure if it's the most fantastic deal you can get on a FB, but not terrible either. I almost grabbed one myself but didn't because I probably shouldn't have even bought the two that I did.
    Well...I don't want to ruin your day but I just ordered not just the Harrods Oud, but Muscs Koublai Khan as well from Beauty Encounter. Their price is $120 for MKK. And since I am on their email list and have ordered from them before I got a coupon (tied to my account) as a birthday present for 15% off my next order. I just got Harrods Oud for $178.50 and MKK for $102. SCORE!
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I just got Harrods Oud for $178.50 and MKK for $102. SCORE!

Uh-oh, I did just ruin your day...sorry.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

WHY oh why didn't I jump on this. I decided the following day to go for the blind buy, and they were sold out. Now I'm kicking myself.

If anybody sees Bond No. 9 Harrod's Oud on sale again for a similar price, or has a bottle they bought but decides they don't want it, pm me. Willing to pay a similar price or make an equivalent trade.

Out of curiosity, how do you guys find your best deals? Are there certain frags you consistently search online stores for?

WHY oh why didn't I jump on this. I decided the following day to go for the blind buy, and they were sold out. Now I'm kicking myself.

If anybody sees Bond No. 9 Harrod's Oud on sale again for a similar price, or has a bottle they bought but decides they don't want it, pm me. Willing to pay a similar price or make an equivalent trade.

Out of curiosity, how do you guys find your best deals? Are there certain frags you consistently search online stores for?
    I am constantly searching... But for this one I was actually notified by another Basenoter that ordered it for himself and remember my bitching and moaning that I would not pay over $600 for a blinged out bottle. After he ordered it he PMed me telling me it was available. I JUMPED ON IT FAST! The good news is I actually got the bottle. The bad news is that the person that told me about it had his order canceled! Why? I think it is unfair and I honestly feel bad, but he had paid for it via paypal and there was a paypal issue of some sort. I paid by credit card and got my bottle. So, if this becomes available, buy it my CC, not by paypal!

You can go to the page linked and click on the "notify me" button. With any luck they will get it again and notify you and you will score.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I am constantly searching... But for this one I was actually notified by another Basenoter that ordered it for himself and remember my bitching and moaning that I would not pay over $600 for a blinged out bottle. After he ordered it he PMed me telling me it was available. I JUMPED ON IT FAST! The good news is I actually got the bottle. The bad news is that the person that told me about it had his order canceled! Why? I think it is unfair and I honestly feel bad, but he had paid for it via paypal and there was a paypal issue of some sort. I paid by credit card and got my bottle. So, if this becomes available, buy it my CC, not by paypal!

You can go to the page linked and click on the "notify me" button. With any luck they will get it again and notify you and you will score.
    Score ahoy! Congratulations!

Wow, thanks for the info. That is unfortunate that the one that alerted you didn't even get his bottle. If it's ever back in stock and still at a reasonable price, I'll be sure to pay by credit card!

Tbh those that ordered the TdH consider yourselfs lucky. They did not need to honor that price. They could have easily just cancel your orders. But this just shows you what a great company this is

Someone found the Batcave!

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Someone found the Batcave!
    Hahaha

Btw, I think most of us have subsequently given Fragrancenet a ton of business since the TdH purchase. I can't believe that was my first purchase there, seems like I've been buying from them forever now.

I know I've bought from them a few times since the TdH purchase.

This thread seems to have died...

But for those that want a 4oz. bottle of Aventus, Fragrancex.com has it for $239.95. Save $40. This one is not for me, but if you love it here it is at less than full retail. Free shipping.

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/p...source=waiteml
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!