Code of Conduct

Default An interesting story!!!

My little girl (I'm really Her Great Uncle) who just turned 5 said something very interesting today.....I came home at lunchtime and She greeted me as always with Daddy, Daddy, Daddy.....I picked her up to give Her a BIG Hug and She sniffed my neck as always.....She said, "Daddy, You have on Your vacation cologne." Now this is not the 1st time that She has said this.....She has mentioned this 2 other times.....I really didn't thing much about it the other 2 times.....It's been over a year since we went on vacation.....Today this really shocked me.....I thought that this was interesting and wanted to share.....And my SOTD is Central Park blended with Little Italy by Bond No.9.....
    I must also say that I'm in BIG trouble.....She LOVES fragrance.....Creed's Spring Flowers, Chanel No.5, Flower Bomb, 5th Avenue and Her Dora Perfume of course.....And many others.....Hope You're having a Great Day!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: An interesting story!!!

Aw, how sweet and cute! Sounds like you have quite the little perfumista on your hands.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Very cute!
    I sometimes ask my 4yo to identify what I'm wearing, she can call the Jailia but not many others - she loves Jailia, Prairie Nymph, Reglisse Noire, Tabac Aurea, sometimes asks for the "devil one" (Horny Little Devil, I don't like them saying that, LOL so I don't call it that) and is in general very openminded about scents. The older girls are pickier, 7yo goes for light/sweet or chocolate, 16yo likes unisex & mossy, oldest likes tropical and fruity.

That's adorable! A true perfumista born and bred.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

That little one has a good nose-- and good sense! Thanks for sharing!

Basenotes Institution

A lovely little girl with good taste already. Great story and thanks for sharing !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Wonderful story and you're a wonderful guy,Gary!I have a budding perfumista for a niece myself;she's two.Got quite angry with me the other day when I refused to allow her to wear Shalimar.Dora perfume sounds like just the thing for her!

Thanks for sharing!
    The nose wants what it wants!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny, even in an avuncular lineage! Nice!!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

summer means fireflys

Cute story! Sounds like she has a very good nose ... and good taste!

Love it! Thanks for sharing. )

Basenotes Plus

Such a cute story, thanks for sharing!!!

Blog Entries

Love it! Great story, Gary!!!

Aw. That made my heart smile!

Oh, Gary, you are in trouble I can see your wardrobe expanding quickly as she grows up - and you may find bottles missing from your collection. But at least you will know who the culprit is! How fun it is going to be to watch her taste grow with each year. Thanks for the story.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks.....She is a perfumista for sure.....My Son who is a Basenotes junkie was and still is a fragrance Lover.....We have to train them to take good care of their bodies.....Smelling good builds great self confidence.....Yes cello I'm in trouble.....Big Trouble.....And PerfumeLady You're in trouble too.....We will have to keep in touch and share notes on how we deal with Our little Perfumistas as they grow up!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    We will have to keep in touch and share notes on how we deal with Our little Perfumistas as they grow up!!!
    Yes,I'd love that!I absolutely agree that this is just one way of teaching the little ones to respect their bodies,also to encourage individuality.

To finish the Shalimar story,since I started it here-I thought I could convince her to go with Love's Baby Soft.Told her it was a lot like what Aunt A. wears but nicer for little girls.She stuck out her wrist for a spray,sniffed and I asked her if that would be o.k.-she said NO! and stomped off!Just a little bit of sass on that kid.There you have it-Love's is NOT an acceptable alternative to Shalimar,even a two year old knows that!

At least she hasn't started asking for Creed and Bond No.9!My bank account is safe for a little while longer,anyway!

It sounds like she's got quite a nose!
    Now of course, I must sample the Dora fragrance
    Fragrance is a silent conversation.
    Michael Edwards

The nose just knows. Follow the nose!
    Nose Marie

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

PerfumedLady, that is such a cute story!

Of course, "No" is the operative word for 2 years olds. She may well have rejected any other fragrance you offered, no matter how great, if it was not the one she wanted. It will be interesting to watch her and see if her interest in perfume persists.

Thanks,30R!Yes,I'm afraid you're right-she had her heart set on wearing what she sees me spray the most,nothing else would have satisfied her!However,I don't think I'm being unreasonable in not wanting to send a little girl out into the world in such a smoky,sexy scent.She will have to get over it for a few more years!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Yes,I'd love that!I absolutely agree that this is just one way of teaching the little ones to respect their bodies,also to encourage individuality.

To finish the Shalimar story,since I started it here-I thought I could convince her to go with Love's Baby Soft.Told her it was a lot like what Aunt A. wears but nicer for little girls.She stuck out her wrist for a spray,sniffed and I asked her if that would be o.k.-she said NO! and stomped off!Just a little bit of sass on that kid.There you have it-Love's is NOT an acceptable alternative to Shalimar,even a two year old knows that!

At least she hasn't started asking for Creed and Bond No.9!My bank account is safe for a little while longer,anyway!
    She has a very ggod nose for a 2 year old.....WOW.....Some day You will be in trouble for sure!!! Great story!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Snifter View Post
    It sounds like she's got quite a nose!
    Now of course, I must sample the Dora fragrance
    Welcome to Basenotes Snifter!!!
    I must tell You that we have had 2 different Dora Perfumes.....Both have been excellent fragrances for children and Older Young Lasies.....We purchased both a perfumania!!! I threw away the box of the one we have now.....There is no info on the bottle about the fragrance at all.....I'll have to go to their site and see what they have on line!!!
    Gary