Code of Conduct

Default Pepper, woodsy notes, incense, spice (whatever) ANY GOOD scents with good longevity!

I am really tired of all these good scents out there that has poor longevity.

Dirty English isn't to bad, Tommy Bahamas not so bad (but even they stays approx. in the middle or below, (at least on my skin, approx. 3 hours), Zirh Ikon (extremely poor longevity), Celine Fever (a perfect scent by the way, rather poor longevity) amongst a whole lot of others I have tried; have a very poor longevity... Not to mention the overrated and overprised (at least here in Norway): Mark Jacobs Bang that leaves you with mostly nothing after ten minutes...

(I've even tried Burberry The Beat that supposed to have a lot of pepper in it, all i notice is the orange/citrus, what an disappointment that was, and should have good longevity after what I've been reading. On my skin; not at all).

So I thought some of you on the forum has some suggestions.

Anything, preferably with the notes in the title but not necessarily, I'm open to any good scent that lasts "a little" with all kind of notes but hopefully NOT with a clear vanilla or citrus tone.

AND, hopefully not the most expensive ones, I can't afford to try them after all

Please, give me some directions on which way to go now You can be sure I'll check each and every one of them out!

Default Re: Pepper, woodsy notes, incense, spice (whatever) ANY GOOD scents with good longevity!

Epic Man! Pricey, yes, but absolutely divine, lasts forever, and sounds just like what you're looking for in a frag.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Default Re: Pepper, woodsy notes, incense, spice (whatever) ANY GOOD scents with good longevity!

Have you tried Gucci pour Homme 1? It's very similar to both Dirty English and Tommy Bahama but I think it's better. Might be hard to track down a bottle and you might not want to considering it's so similar to the two you already have, but is maybe worth a sample

Le Labo Poivre 23 london city exclusive. It's just totally amazing.
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Villoresi Piper Nigrum would be the obvious choice IMHO. Pepper, fresh herbs, warm spice, woody-balsamic notes and it develops all day long.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I second both Epic Man and Piper Nigrum and I'll add

Memoir Man
    Honour Man
    CDG Original
    CDG White
    CDG Laurel
    Malle French Lover
    Fille En Aiguilles
    Histoires De Parfums 1828
    Escentric 01

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sound Scents

+1 on Piper Nigrum... Great stuff.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Piper Nigrum
    Serge Noire
    Rochas Lui

Frapin Caravelle Epicee

Rose 31.

Agree with the guys who mentioned Epic Man. Quality, masculine powerhouse with great longetivity.

I also love Christian Dior Jules which is sadly discontinued. Epic man reminds me of a superior quality replacement for that one.

Opus 1870 by Penhaligons

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Villoresi Piper Nigrum would be the obvious choice IMHO. Pepper, fresh herbs, warm spice, woody-balsamic notes and it develops all day long.
    +1

Piper Negrum is gorgeous.

Tauer's LDDM has great longevity, and to me it's a great spice. So is Frapin's Passion Boisee. Might not be your regular spice/pepper but it's well worth it.

Penhaligons L P No 9 - Very spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Frapin Caravelle Epicee
    +1.

+ 1 for Gucci Pour Homme I.

All great suggestions but the OP specified reasonably priced perfumes.

AND, hopefully not the most expensive ones, I can't afford to try them after all
    I'd suggest Noble Vetiver and Wonderwood.

for swap/sale:

Thank you all for your suggestions; but you are way over (!, in fact miles away) from my budget so the search go on... I usually search for scents in the lower parts (sometimes lower to mediumof the price-range...

Miles away??

Bang by Marc Jacobs
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Kenzo Air
    Opium Pour Homme
    Equipage by Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Miles away??

Bang by Marc Jacobs
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Kenzo Air
    Opium Pour Homme
    Equipage by Hermes
    Nice list if you want to keep the budget low.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Serge Noire

Nobody mentioned Guerlain L'Instant (Extreme)!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

When I read your thread title I immediately thought of Gucci PH (this one, which is what I think everyone else here was also referring to: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121989.html).

When my husband wears this, it persists over 12 hours even after his shower.

This is not costly!

Let´s see... spice+wood+little pepper that lasts +12 hours on the skin:

And can be found at a very good prices.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Quote Originally Posted by anders View Post
    Thank you all for your suggestions; but you are way over (!, in fact miles away) from my budget so the search go on... I usually search for scents in the lower parts (sometimes lower to mediumof the price-range...
    Keep in mind the real pricey ones like Epic man you can probably find decants of if you like it, and it is very concentrated so you don't have to use a lot. A 10 mL decant of Epic is equal to 50 mL of many other frags, like Bang. But, I would rather have fewer frags that I love than a larger collection of less expensive stuff. OTOH, sometimes really cheap frags are very good, and I own several very inexpensive bottles too.