Code of Conduct

Default Similar, but with better longevity and sillage, to these Parfums de Nicolai's...

So, Parfums de Nicolai were unable to send me liquid samples in the post due to their company policy. I sweet talked them into sending me scent strips of the more masculine fragrances. Now, I know that none of these fragrances are considered ground-breaking or anything exceptional, but I find them deeply pleasant and very satisfying, even on paper. I have read reviews of the ones that catch my attention the most and they state that longevity absolutely stinks for this line (the non-"intense" ones at least).

My question is, are there any fragrances similar to the following Parfums de Nicolai ones, that have better longevity and decent sillage?

Carré d'As

and

Vetyver

To be honest, I'll probably buy a bottle of each as they do 30ml bottles!
    Last edited by boosh; 15th September 2011 at 03:58 PM.

Default Re: Similar, but with better longevity and sillage, to Parfums de Nicolai...

Citoyen

Default Re: Similar, but with better longevity and sillage, to Parfums de Nicolai...

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Smart move

New York & Nicolai Pour Homme might also be worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Smart move

New York & Nicolai Pour Homme might also be worth a shot.
    The funny thing was that I emailed them originally asking for Pour Homme as I've been recommended it by a Basenoter, but it was one of the only ones I didn't receive! Bad times.

The funny thing was that I emailed them originally asking for Pour Homme as I've been recommended it by a Basenoter, but it was one of the only ones I didn't receive! Bad times.
    It seems to be no longer available.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: Similar, but with better longevity and sillage, to these Parfums de Nicolai's...

So, Parfums de Nicolai were unable to send me liquid samples in the post due to their company policy. I sweet talked them into sending me scent strips of the more masculine fragrances. Now, I know that none of these fragrances are considered ground-breaking or anything exceptional, but I find them deeply pleasant and very satisfying, even on paper. I have read reviews of the ones that catch my attention the most and they state that longevity absolutely stinks for this line (the non-"intense" ones at least).

My question is, are there any fragrances similar to the following Parfums de Nicolai ones, that have better longevity and decent sillage?

Carré d'As

and

Vetyver

Parfums de Nicolai's Vetyver is quite unique as vetiver's go. It has a very dry, balsam, christmas tree vibe. Mazzolari Mazzolari is somewhat similar and is a longevity beast.
    Last edited by neal; 15th September 2011 at 08:42 PM.