Code of Conduct

Default Helmut Lang PURE PARFUM - experiences?

Years ago a kind BNer sent me a sample of Helmut Lang EDC which I *adored*.
    There dont seem to be a whole lot of reviews in the directory that differentiate it from the pure parfum.

Has anyone tried the parfum, or have any experience with it?
    Is it worth purchasing?

I'm specifically talking about the bottles pictured at the right end of the photo below.

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 28th September 2011 at 04:32 AM.

Default Re: Helmut Lang Parfum - experiences?

I own the EDP but I have never seen or even knew that there was a perfume version. I also would be interested to know if anyone had any experience with it.

I have the EDC and EDP, but have never smelled the Parfum version. I did see some bottles on Ebay a while back and they were going for a lot. I will say that if you like the EDC, and are unable to get your hands on the Parfum, the EDP is pretty nice. I'm also curious as to how different it is from the EDC and EDP.

I might have sampled the EDP sometime too Indie_guy. As I recall I thought they were quite individual.
    I wouldnt mind doing (or finding someone who's done) a back-to-back on all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    I might have sampled the EDP sometime too Indie_guy. As I recall I thought they were quite individual.
    I wouldnt mind doing (or finding someone who's done) a back-to-back on all 3.
    I got really lucky-- when I bought the EDP, it was $15 at Marshalls.

Hey, don't forget about Helmut Lang Velviona-- this was the pure musk that was the driver of the whole series. Super exclusive. Never smelled Velviona per se, but I have a bottle of pure velvione musk and it is wonderful and you can smell its presence in the Helmut Lang series.

I just looked at the Pure Parfum on ebay and it's going for $250 for half an ounce. Yikes.

I do hope we hear from someone who's smelled the Pure Parfum-- I'm intrigued too.

A friend of mine had the EDP and got to try it, but it wasn't for me.

I have the edp but never knew about the parfum!!!!!! The edp seems to work better in warm weather strangely.
    DONNA

I love everythng from the Helmut Lang range but didn't know of the existence of a "Parfum" edition. Good to know.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Ok, my query is a little different now,... Has anyone tried the Helmut Lang aftershave splash? If so, can you comment on longevity?

Default Re: Helmut Lang AFTER SHAVE - experiences?

Anyone?

Ok, so I bought the aftershave and will add my comments so that it remains in this threads history.
    The After shave is complex, well blended, and as far as aftershaves go, above average in terms of longevity. This is an awesome before-bed splash!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Ok, so I bought the aftershave and will add my comments so that it remains in this threads history.
    The After shave is complex, well blended, and as far as aftershaves go, above average in terms of longevity. This is an awesome before-bed splash!
    For some reason, I avoid scented aftershaves. I wonder how close the Helmut Lang aftershave is to the EDT. One of the few aftershaves that I really loved was M7 (I'm not talking about the creamy lotion (which was nice too), but they also released an M7 aftershave which was a clear juice like an EDT, but it was different smelling and actually very very good--I actually think this particular aftershave was the BEST smelling variation on the M7 theme (all the body products were created to smell a tad different from each other.)

I don't want to make this a detour into the discussion of M7, but do you think that the Helmut Lang aftershave differs from the EDC the way the EDC differs slightly from the EDP?

No, I think the AS and EDC are composed in the same way, whilst the EDP - to my nose at least - is a slightly different formula for this particular concentration.