Code of Conduct

Default Creed's Virgin Island Water vs. Aramis Bermuda Tonic

I was just wondering about how these two scents compare. I have a decant of VIW, which I love, and was considering ordering Aramis's Bermuda Tonic, as they have similar notes & are often both compared as "Pia Colada-ish".

Does anyone have experience with both, and how does Bermuda Tonic compare to VIW? I know Bermuda Tonic has eucalyptus in the notes, so I'm guessing it may be a bit more herbal/medicinal and dry maybe? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 14th September 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: Creed's Virgin Island Water vs. Aramis Bermuda Tonic

Creed's Virgin Island Water is the superior scent IMO.

I've owned VIW and sampled Bermuda Tonic. The closest thing to VIW is Coconut Lime Verbena.

I sampled couple of other beach scents like Bond Fire Island, but nothing gets close to Virgin Island Water.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    I sampled couple of other beach scents like Bond Fire Island, but nothing gets close to Virgin Island Water.
    Yeah, I'm really enjoying VIW. I also would like to try Bond No. 9's Fire Island and CB I Hate Perfume's At the Beach 1966. I know both of those are supposed to be great at the suntan lotion type of vibe.

The Aramis peaked my interest though, as you don't hear much about it and since the descriptions sound pretty close to Virgin Island Water. Also, I know eucalyptus is a polarizing note, but I tend to enjoy it in scents like Body Kouros, Escape, and Booster, so the eucalyptus note in Bermuda Tonic sounds interesting. I'm not sure how it would blend with the coconut, rum & citrus, but I'm thinking I might enjoy it.

Which has better longevity?

I have VIW and love it, although I am a fan of beachy scents generally. If you are too, be sure to try Beach by Bobbi Brown. BTW where did you see Bermuda Tonic for sale?

I don't think VIW and Bermuda Tonic are that close. If you're interested, I have a Bermuda Tonic in my sales thread.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I like VIW better. Bermuda Tonic came off as a cross between Aramis & some sort of tropical cocktail that just didn't work for me.

i've Being looking for more opinions aBout Bermuda tonic
    Bcus there's a place where i can Buy it

But seems like noBody its interested in this one

I got Bermuda Tonic precisely because people were saying it's a good alternative to VIW.

After getting a bottle, let me tell you that they are nothing alike. BT doesn't have the 2 major notes that make up VIW - coconut or lime. BT smells like a tropical flavour starburst-type soft taffy sweet. I don't get the same vibe from it as VIW at all.

Personally I think VIW is way way better.

I own them both. VIW is the better fragrance overall, but BT isn't bad. I definitely get coconut in it, but it's a much darker, candied, caramelized coconut than VIW. I get a sugar-cane impression in it as well. They both have that tropical vibe, but I would say VIW is a better daytime scent, and BT is a better nighttime scent. If that makes sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    On my skin, I get a good 12 hours from VIW, which I think is pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    These scents, especially Creeds, can vary person to person, but I am pretty shocked that VIW lasts around 9-10 good hours on me. Never tried the Bermuda Tonic.

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    I have VIW and love it, although I am a fan of beachy scents generally. If you are too, be sure to try Beach by Bobbi Brown. BTW where did you see Bermuda Tonic for sale?
    I decided to go ahead and blind buy Bermuda Tonic and give it a shot. I'm pretty sure I'll like it based on the descriptions. BTW, they have it in stock right now at FragranceX.com. It's usually hard to find, so when I saw it, I thought I'd take the chance since I've been interested in it for awhile. I think their site days they have 7 bottles left, as of now. (it was a little over $50 for a 3.4/100ml bottle)

Also, as far as Virgin Island Water goes; I'm loving my decant of it. I wore it yesterday and was very pleased with the longevity. I sprayed some on my shirt as well, and I could easily still smell it last evening at the end of the day.

i dont think Bermuda tonic its Bad

i Blind Bought kenneth cole which is a Boozy fresh scent with tekilla note
    even tho a little synthetic and quimic
    scent was good, Boozy, citric, fresh, soapy, musky
    only think i hated aBout the scent was the projection, so light and damn close to the skin
    noBody could smell me, neither do i

thats what im afraid of Blind Buying Bermuda tonic, that it could have poor longevity
    and extremely weak projection

But now that i think it well, chances are that projection aint that Bad
    original aramis projections its really strong