Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Look what came in the mail today... a new bottle of....L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

I blind bought it as well not long ago, I did not find it to my liking at all....In process of selling my bottle :\

Default Re: Look what came in the mail today... a new bottle of....L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I think the reason the hype machine cranks up on these absent fragrances is simply that it's all we have. The frags are not totally unobtainable, they have good reputations, and if you act promptly when they DO become available, you're likely to get the juice in your wardrobe. Semi-nasty or strange frags never get this kind of love, either - they're always easy-to-love frags. But people want to be sure it's something they're really going to like, so they ask 20 questions before they buy. Personally, I don't think the questions are needed, because these frags are dead easy resellers - at no loss or risk. These kinds of frags are almost an investment - my advice is to buy first and ask questions later.
    Definitely agree with you, especially on that last point. The safest blind buys are those fragrances that are well loved, affordable, and have an impending scarcity to their supply. I've definitely bought first and asked questions later.

I like it, but I like the EDT better. I think the EDT breathes more and has more interplay among the notes, whereas the EDP steamrolls over everything with its patchouli-vanilla bomb base (cocoa, whatever; it's patchouli). It smells good and certainly lasts long, but I think it's kind of singular compared to the EDT. I especially love the cedar note that runs through the EDT, which really enhances the scent, but when I put the EDP on, I'm like, "Where's the cedar?"
    Last edited by buzzley; 21st September 2011 at 01:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzzley View Post
    I like it, but I like the EDT better. I think the EDT breathes more and has more interplay among the notes, whereas the EDP steamrolls over everything with its patchouli-vanilla bomb base (cocoa, whatever; it's patchouli). It smells good and certainly lasts long, but I think it's kind of singluar compared to the EDT. I especially love the cedar note that runs through the EDT, which really enhances the scent, but when I put the EDP on, I'm like, "Where's the cedar?"
    This is a great explanation of why the EDT stays in my wardrobe. Sometimes I wanna hear strumming, but sometimes I want to hear finger-pickin'.

Extreme is nice enough, but just like DHI, it receives so much hype on the MFD that the expectations become unrealistic.

I agree with Red, the reason for the hype is the "relative" scarcity.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.