Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Look what came in the mail today... a new bottle of....L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

I am so excited about this bottle... can't wait to try it out!!!!

My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Look what came in the mail today... a new bottle of....L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

Enjoy as its a great fragrance and with Dior Homme Intense you can conquer the world and women will bow down before you. The ultimate frag combo.lol
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Default Re: Look what came in the mail today... a new bottle of....L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

I just got this today too! From the Amazon seller. I ordered it last week when the price was around $67 dollars. I checked it today and he keeps raising the price and now it is $77. He does still have 19 left.
    I'm wearing it today and it smells great! I like this better than the EdT I used to own.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Hey, me too!

I have to wait until Monday...and I can hardly wait!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Congratulations and enjoy it!

Ok, I sprayed a shot on my wrist... initial sniff is spicy (star anise???), semi-sweet and a strong menthol on the top notes... not sure if the menthol is from peppermint or some kind of a mint oil? then in the background you have the cocoa note that everyone is talking about... it has been about 30 minute later now and the menthol is slightly fading away... now I'm getting a floral note along with the patchouli...and the woody base note is starting to appear... i also get a hint of vanilla now too... this is just a very interesting fragrance so far... let's see where this fragrance take me in the dry down?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Ok, I sprayed a shot on my wrist... initial sniff is spicy (star anise???), semi-sweet and a strong menthol on the top notes... not sure if the menthol is from peppermint or some kind of a mint oil? then in the background you have the cocoa note that everyone is talking about... it has been about 30 minute later now and the menthol is slightly fading away... now I'm getting a floral note along with the patchouli...and the woody base note is starting to appear... i also get a hint of vanilla now too... this is just a very interesting fragrance so far... let's see where this fragrance take me in the dry down?
    Heaven.

overrated

Ok now it has been about an hr since I sprayed it on... there is still a slight menthol note there, but not as strong as the initial scent... now I'm getting the sandalwood with the vanilla more...but still that cocoa note is still the dominant note... it's still a semi-sweet fragrance, but not quite a gormound fragrance... it's starting to shine more now... very nice....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Enjoy as its a great fragrance and with Dior Homme Intense you can conquer the world and women will bow down before you. The ultimate frag combo.lol
    If +1 means I agree, then +1.

As much attention as they get, I thought they would be overrated before I sampled them. I was dead wrong. Was it ever decided that Extreme has been officially discontinued?

excellent

I don't believe it's been discontinued, but it's just not sold on a conventional retail distribution basis in the US. I believe it's still sold in Europe.

The dry down of this fragrance smells like if Bond No. 9 New Haarlem and Chanel Egoiste got married and had a kid... that kid is L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

if anything this fragrance is underrated since it is not sold in the u.s. the average person doesn't know about it or can't get their hands on a bottle. =) congrats and enjoy!

I'm going to do a full wear of L'Instant de Gurlain PH Extreme tomorrow to work. Maybe that hot blonde cougar might put a move on me? In the closet? Lol!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Pamper it , enjoy it )
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Great fragrance...can't wait to wear it more and more in the coming months.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Well, these 2 fragrances have seemingly conquered the Basenotes Mens Fragrance Forum for the last year ( ), so why not the world next.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Hopefully mine arrives within the next week. Looking forward to it as well.

Its amber-vanilla incensy drydown is heavenly.

Lucky you! I checked my mail and there was not anything but ****load of advertising from various malls
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

Great fragrance, IMO perfect for the 30+ gentleman. Enjoy!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Awesome fragrance, one of my favorite scents of all time. It's a beast for the fall and winter months. In the summer I use the EDT

Quote Originally Posted by john916 View Post
    overrated
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I just got this today too! From the Amazon seller. I ordered it last week when the price was around $67 dollars. I checked it today and he keeps raising the price and now it is $77. He does still have 19 left.
    I'm wearing it today and it smells great! I like this better than the EdT I used to own.
    The seller raised the price again, now is $82.45 ...

The drydown is fantastic and on my skin it lasts for ages.
    The first time I used this fragrance I sprayed on a bit too much but I got the most and best compliments I have ever received on a fragrance that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    +1.
    +1 - L'Instant Eau Extreme is extremely overrated. I think the "come hither" reputation L'Instant Extreme has developed far outweighs the actual juice. I also wish it projected more - its sillage is minimal. I'll take Dior Homme Intense and Nejma Puro Intense all day over L'Instant Extreme.
    Last edited by acjigga; 17th September 2011 at 12:43 AM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears".

AC'S FAVORITES - Creed Windsor, Le Labo Rose 31, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Bruno Fazzolari Lampblack, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Acqua di Parma Intensa Leather, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Profumum Del Forte Ambra Mediterranea & Slumberhouse Jeke

I just got mine too. Not worth buying if you have the EDT. No big difference except stronger. I think all these differences people are smelling are completely in their head in all of the extremes. It make people feel more special if they have a hard to find parfum version of any fragrance. Please don't respond to this, I know im not going to convince anyone otherwise. Its just a stronger concentration of the same mixture of chemicals in a lesser amount of alcohol. Unless......its been reformulated? Can someone please start a thread debating this question.

I have a feeling there must be some critical differences in skin chemistry. On me, there is a _very_ noticeable difference between the edt and edp--edpt is deeper, _much_ longer lasting, and of course the dry cocoa. I tried l'instant edt, and find it a much "brighter" frag.

I, for one, do not find the fragrance overrated. It has earned its reputation. Only a few other frags that I have tried can compete with the depth and power of the drydown. I sprayed it once on my wife's coat (just to give her a little reminder of me, we live in different cities right now) and it was still going strong--and I mean really strong--after 2 weeks.