Code of Conduct

Default Boss Bottled Smells Like Halloween????

Hello Basenoters,

I was recently in a halloween store today checking out all the masks and costumes, accessories, and everything else in between. I noticed a very distinct smell of the store and merchandise, especially the masks. It finally came to me. Boss Bottled! Am I off here? I've had Boss Bottled in my collection but am now barely making this distinction. Am I off here? Maybe it smells like candy corn? Anyone agree with me?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Boss Bottled Smells Like Halloween????

That bad!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That bad!
    What do you mean?

Its that sweet smell of a bunch of cheap, Chinese made, plastic crap piled into a store. Its the chemicals in the plastic or the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Its that sweet smell of a bunch of cheap, Chinese made, plastic crap piled into a store. Its the chemicals in the plastic or the paint.
    I agree! Would you say that that smell shares a similarity to Boss 6? I think it does but obviously, Boss 6 is done with more quality. I find a good resemblance but still I love Boss Bottled!

Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    I agree! Would you say that that smell shares a similarity to Boss 6? I think it does but obviously, Boss 6 is done with more quality. I find a good resemblance but still I love Boss Bottled!
    Shares the sweetness. but i wish the could bottle that smell, i would wear it.

Actually now that you mention it, I definitely do see the connection between the smell of that and a Halloween store. That being said, I love Boss Bottled and I love Halloween, so that by no means is a bad thing (if anything this makes me like it even more now that you pointed it out). Maybe my new Halloween signature scent?

Shares the sweetness. but i wish the could bottle that smell, i would wear it.
    Haha I find that so amusing to read! Normally one might be repulsed by that smell but you actually want the opposite! lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    Actually now that you mention it, I definitely do see the connection between the smell of that and a Halloween store. That being said, I love Boss Bottled and I love Halloween, so that by no means is a bad thing (if anything this makes me like it even more now that you pointed it out). Maybe my new Halloween signature scent?
    My thoughts exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Haha I find that so amusing to read! Normally one might be repulsed by that smell but you actually want the opposite! lol!!!
    that and brand new foam rubber, and freshly sharpened pencil in the 3rd grade.

And the hand tools section in Home Depot.

The apple-pineapple note might actually somehow remotely smell of pumpkin, so yes
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

I get that Halloween mask smell from Lonestar Memories.

The pencil I can see but I've never smelled the rubber foam haha and yes, I can definitely understand what you mean about the tools Home Depot section! It must be that plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    The apple-pineapple note might actually somehow remotely smell of pumpkin, so yes
    Yes! That's it as well! I made that connection when I first tried Boss Bottled! I loved it! Since I visited a Halloween store yesterday, I changed my mindset from pumpkin spice, to costumes, then I thought, hmmm why not just HALLOWEEN in general! I definitely get a spicy sweet pumpkin though! I wonder if I should be turned off now about the costumes and mask smell. I've never liked it but I love Bottle. I'm so confused now lol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    I get that Halloween mask smell from Lonestar Memories.
    Never tried Lonestar Memories but I hear that it's quite nice! I might have to test that one!