Code of Conduct

Default "Pick me something random to wear" button broken

Is this still the case for anybody else or is it just me? It keeps giving me the same fragrance over and over again.

BUT, weirdly, when I go onto Basenotes on my mobile and click on the pick me something random button, it's still working! Is it something to do with my settings or cookies or something?

I'd really appriciate any help in solving this. I use that function a lot!

Default Re: "Pick me something random to wear" button broken

It's not just you; this is the case for me also. The random scent seems to change over time though. Today, it keeps picking Habit Rouge, but the last time I tried to use this function (a few weeks ago), it was picking something else (I can't remember what, but it wasn't Habit Rouge).
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    It's not just you; this is the case for me also. The random scent seems to change over time though. Today, it keeps picking Habit Rouge, but the last time I tried to use this function (a few weeks ago), it was picking something else (I can't remember what, but it wasn't Habit Rouge).
    Same for me two. It does change (and then stick again) every so often. Thank you very much for your reply (took over 100 views). Lets me know (after having first reported this issue months ago) that it appears to be a widespread issue and not just me, which hopefully means it will be sorted in time.

Thanks, Morrison.

Any progress on this one, guys? Been an issue for a LONG time now...

Guys?...

Dependent

Default "Pick Me Something Random to Wear" BROKEN

This feature always picks the 10th frag of my wardrobe.

Default Re: "Pick Me Something Random to Wear" BROKEN

Please fix this problem.....it matters

- - - Updated - - -

YES! I found a solution to this nagging and painful problem. If you are using a laptop, you have to delete your history. I personally use Safari and did this from my History tab on my browser, and heavenly alas, that did the trick. You may have to dig deeper into your settings on different browsers (Chrome, Explorer, etc..)? On your iPod or iPad it's the same thing, BUT you can't just do it from your browser. You have to go into Settings, then on the left hand column, go to the Safari icon. In the right/middle, you will see a Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data. Hit both of those. Now when you go back into Basenotes, you will unfortunately have to log back in, but for me, that is a very small price to pay. Once you hit pick me a random scent, a new one will appear. A truly RANDOM one! Thank God. I went from Yatagan every damn time for 5 days to the beauty of chance recommending HdP Ambre 114, The Different Company's Sel de Vetiver, etc...ahhh, I haven't worn those in ages. Great choice perfume universe! Anyone who has a ton of frags needs this function! If you can't relate, when you have a bunch of songs on your iPod/whatever music player you own, don't you just love to hit random and see what comes up? I do! Well it's even better for fragrances!
    Last edited by Indagnacious; 25th December 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Please find a solution to this.....I beg you!

- - - Updated - - -

YES! I found a solution to this nagging and painful problem. If you are using a laptop, you have to delete your history. I personally use Safari and did this from my History tab on my browser, and heavenly alas, that did the trick. You may have to dig deeper into your settings on different browsers (Chrome, Explorer, etc..)? On your iPod or iPad it's the same thing, BUT you can't just do it from your browser. You have to go into Settings, then on the left hand column, go to the Safari icon. In the right/middle, you will see a Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data. Hit both of those. Now when you go back into Basenotes, you will unfortunately have to log back in, but for me, that is a very small price to pay. Once you hit pick me a random scent, a new one will appear. A truly RANDOM one! Thank God. I went from Yatagan every damn time for 5 days to the beauty of chance recommending HdP Ambre 114, The Different Company's Sel de Vetiver, etc...ahhh, I haven't worn those in ages. Great choice perfume universe! Anyone who has a ton of frags needs this function! If you can't relate, when you have a bunch of songs on your iPod/whatever music player you own, don't you just love to hit random and see what comes up? I do! Well it's even better for fragrances!
    Last edited by Indagnacious; 25th December 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Dependent

Okay, here's an update!

It seems work has been done on this issue, so good job! It's basically working now; every time you click it, you get a different result.

However, I believe it is pulling from ALL the lists, including samples, test list, etc. Personally, I think it should pull from only one's wardrobe. What do you guys think?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Okay, here's an update!

It seems work has been done on this issue, so good job! It's basically working now; every time you click it, you get a different result.

However, I believe it is pulling from ALL the lists, including samples, test list, etc. Personally, I think it should pull from only one's wardrobe. What do you guys think?
    I like that it pulls from the samples list because you actually own a small portion of that fragrance. I've never made a "To-Test" list but if it's actually pulling from that list as well then I don't agree with it. I view the "To-Test" list as more of a wish list for samples.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    I like that it pulls from the samples list because you actually own a small portion of that fragrance. I've never made a "To-Test" list but if it's actually pulling from that list as well then I don't agree with it. I view the "To-Test" list as more of a wish list for samples.
    If it were just the sample list, that wouldn't be so bad (though I still prefer wardrobe). But the fact it pulls in wish list, test list, and tried lists is a problem for sure -- certainly a bug in my book.