Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: A new Lalique for men ? Hommage a L'Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty Coppersmith View Post
    Love the bottle but the juice is meh to me.
    Yes, I feel the same way. A bit pedestrian and lacklustre in the way the White edt was. The new trend in banality is becoming increasingly obvious. YSL l'homme version 8, anyone?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Any new input on this one? Its available here at a good price until Christmas and was thinking to buy it. I ordered a sample from 'First in Fragrance' but apparently samples are shipped very slow and wont arrive in time. Does it resemble Fahrenheit? (i saw it mentioned a few times). Or how can you describe the drydown? How is longevity and projection?
    Last edited by Sylver; 20th December 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    Any new input on this one? Its available here at a good price until Christmas and was thinking to buy it. I ordered a sample from 'First in Fragrance' but apparently samples are shipped very slow and wont arrive in time. Does it resemble Fahrenheit? (i saw it mentioned a few times). Or how can you describe the drydown? How is longevity and projection?
    Hi!
    On my skin, the Fahrenheit vibe is a very light petroleum twist, very very light. I really have to focus and keep my nose on my wrist to catch it. It may depend on the weather. Not sure to get it in cold weather. But you know, it my nose
    The dry down is woody/spicy, warm and elegant - not the generic vanillic mess so common nowadays. I like it very much... and It's on my chrismas gift wish list
    You may check out these interesting reviews below, if you already haven't seen them:
    http://boisdejasmin.com/2012/06/lali...ce-review.html
    http://persolaise.blogspot.fr/2012/1...omme-from.html
    http://memoryofscent.wordpress.com/2...lost-memories/

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Hommage is not exactly similar to Fahrenheit, but has the same vibe due to the prominent violet leaf. Having said that, Hommage is a unique-smelling frag. There is also a perceptible tobacco, especially in the drydown, though it may be the interplay of black pepper and the very mild oud giving off the tobacco accord.

Longevity is very good (8+ hours on my skin) but Hommage is not a powerhouse. It smells quite rich but is not a room-filler.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds good, looks like its something i should buy. I think i will pull the trigger for a blind-buy, its discounted quite a lot so at this price (25 euros/100 ml) and according to descriptions provided, I think it should be a worthy purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Sounds good, looks like its something i should buy. I think i will pull the trigger for a blind-buy, its discounted quite a lot so at this price (25 euros/100 ml) and according to descriptions provided, I think it should be a worthy purchase.
    Duuh! Man where did you find it so cheap? :O

Switzerland. But it is also quite cheap on fragrancex.com as well, 38$ or something. And they deliver worldwide.

I cant believe the price difference between US and UK. As usual Uk residents getting ripped off.

UK price for 100 ml = £67 (approx US$105)
    US price for 100 ml = $40 less 15% (approx US$34) which is a standard discount at FragranceX.com
    Last edited by bgoc; 20th December 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Paid $38 for mine with free shipping and tax.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I cant believe the price difference between US and UK. As usual Uk residents getting ripped off.

UK price for 100 ml = £67 (approx US$105)
    US price for 100 ml = $40 less 15% (approx US424) which is a standard discount at FragranceX.com
    Same here! That's crazy! It's sold 85-87 euros in France!!!
    Even cheaper in switzerland!
    What game are you playing Lalique?

How is the smell anyway? Worth 40 Dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    How is the smell anyway? Worth 40 Dollars?
    IMO definitely worth that price.

40$ Yes 67£ NoT

Decided against it. Will leave it.

Basenotes Member

I bought it and sell it shorthly after that, really smell like an empty packet of cigarette...

Quote Originally Posted by keram View Post
    I bought it and sell it shorthly after that, really smell like an empty packet of cigarette...
    That isnt bad actually. What is the projection and silage on this? If good will buy a bottle.

Yes, I feel the same way. A bit pedestrian and lacklustre in the way the White edt was.
    I loved white, one of the better summer scents around, though I haven't taken the plunge on a full bottle yet.

I recently put in an order for a bottle of Hommage mainly on the strength of the incredible looking bottle itself. Happy to give my impressions when it arrives. Lalique haven't let me down yet: I like Eau de Lalique, White, Perles, le Parfum, Encre Noire and Encre Noire Pour Elle.

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    I loved white, one of the better summer scents around, though I haven't taken the plunge on a full bottle yet.

I recently put in an order for a bottle of Hommage mainly on the strength of the incredible looking bottle itself. Happy to give my impressions when it arrives. Lalique haven't let me down yet: I like Eau de Lalique, White, Perles, le Parfum, Encre Noire and Encre Noire Pour Elle.
    seriously, that bottle alone is worth more than 40$! I own White and I like it a lot, I also own Hommage a l'Homme and like it too. Longevity is very good on this one, Perfaddict described it well.

Sound Scents

I had a sample of this buried under other samples lying around so I just gave it a quick try on skin... I liked the spicy open, but the black pepper took over and then remained in the driver's seat. I really am not getting the Fahrenheit vibe others have, but certainly do smell a slightly sweet tobacco note underlying the pepper. I find it reminiscent of many other peppery scents... Probably a pass for me, but I do at least like it.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I had a full wearing of this today and wasn't happy with longevity or silage of this but then nothing other than Montale makes me happy. Having said that, it still lasted around 6 hours before becoming a complete skin scent.

Silage was okishh for the first four hours and then calmed down a little. The smell reminds me of Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne.

The scent remains nearly similar from start to finish with nice tobacco note in the background at all times. If you compare it with Feuilles de Tabac you are likely to be disappointed but it makes a good everyday scent. It's not a complex niche but given the price it makes a reasonable scent.

I have a 100ml bottle. Would I be buying another? Not very likely but I won't be binning this either. Perhaps it may be one of those where you appreciate the scent after a number of wearings. Average silage and projection are my biggest concerns. I like scents which BARK up and down the street whilst smelling unique and expensive.

Can anyone compare the pepper in Hommage to the pepper in Lalique White? Thoughts?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

To my nose, the pepper in White is more synthetic, sharper, and more piercing. The pepper in Hommage is of course synthetic but warmer and more tamed. If you have ever smelled white pepper, Lalique white is quite similar to it IMO. Both are very wearable and average people love them, probably not here.