Code of Conduct

Default prada infusion d'homme or...

any other fragrances with a clean, white shirt vibe? infusion d'vetiver any good. i've tried infusion d'homme. i remember it being uhh.. "flitty" twas okay IMO. they're pretty cheap now.

i've asked alot about amber ph before but it's not an option in the tropics.

also would it be redundant if what's left of my wardrobe are kenzo power and versace man eau fraiche? both are pretty full still.

really open to any suggestions perhaps something light/ versatile OR maybe even not! what's new? been awhile since i've checked in.

Default Re: prada infusion d'homme or...

I would go with straightforward vetivers: Lubin Vetiver, Vetiveryo, Vetiver Extraordinaire, even Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. Or Chanel Sycomore, which is a little more complex, but very durable also in the tropics (as per divinesoul comment).

For the fresh iron-steam feel, there's Mugler cologne, if you haven't tried it yet. And for a clean feel with some flowers there's Troisieme homme.

caco

Quote Originally Posted by overseas View Post
    any other fragrances with a clean, white shirt vibe? infusion d'vetiver any good.
    Damn good in my opinion. I would say check in to Mugler Cologne, Creed Original Vetiver, Prada Infusion D'Vetiver.

The closest rendition of a true freshly washed white cotton t-shirt is Clean for Men. Smells similar to clean cotton scented candles and the such.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I would go with straightforward vetivers: Lubin Vetiver, Vetiveryo, Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Agree with any of these.

Last edited by overseas; 23rd September 2011 at 12:04 AM.

L'Eau de Serge Lutens. It evokes the colour laundry-white.

I think the Prada Infusion de Vetiver is excellent. It was a limited release (as all of the 'infusions' are) so if you can still obtain it, go right ahead.

I'm also a fan of Guerlain Vetiver (still the benchmark) and I think the Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is pretty good.

You might want to give Terre d'Hermes a sniff; not so clean, but it could be what you're looking for. Any of the citrus - YSL Pour Homme is as good as any.

If you want the same vibe with a bit more presence, check out Richard James EdT.

Mugler Cologne, Creed Original Vetiver
    Yep.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Infusion d'Homme is about the closest men's cologne gets to a clean, white, soapy vibe. Much closer than any vetiver, to my nose. I'd set my standards higher, but if that's what you're looking for, Infusion d'Homme can't be beat.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Comme des Garcons 2 (not 2 Man)

I love infusion d'homme. It has grown on me a lot. I bought it because it was close to infusion D'iris, which I like also, but alot cheaper these days. (Infusion d'iris is one of Prada's key fragrances, not limited release at all). But now I think I like Infusion d'homme better. Its clean and a bit 'sharper'. Makes me feel very smart. With that generous sprayer, i am going through my (huge) bottle faster than anything else I've had

You might want to give Terre d'Hermes a sniff; not so clean, but it could be what you're looking for. Any of the citrus - YSL Pour Homme is as good as any.
    just finished a bottle actually.

Comme des Garcons 2 (not 2 Man)
    interesting thanks!

I'd go for a light vetiver so Comme Des Garcons Vettiveru.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

The Bodyshop's White Musk has a clean-shirt vibe and I find it more wearable than Infusion and more subdued than Mugler Cologne. So it's an excellent choice if you're looking for a comfortable, discreet, clean fragrance. It's pretty cheap too, around 25 or 30 dollars.

what about lavenders as white shirt scents?

i just remembered one that i liked more than prada infusion, essenza di zegna. i should've bought the 100ml bottle going for $40 during sales seasons ago. can't find it now for that cheap except for zegna intenso. is that any good?
    Last edited by overseas; 24th September 2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Yep.
    This - Thierry Mugler Cologne - Good, Classy, Cheap, and not Ordinary.

I second Mugler Cologne and The Body Shop White Musk

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.
    Penhaligon Castile.

Infusion D'Homme is the ultimate 'clean, white shirt vibe' fragrance imo. Anything else would be miles behind in 2nd place.

Grey Vetiver, Mugler Cologne or even D&G Homme would also be good options though.
    My 'Signatures' (in alphabetical order)...

French Lover - EdP Frederic Malle
    Green Irish Tweed - Creed
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Platinum Egoiste - CHANEL