Code of Conduct

Default Laundry Musks...

I love the way my tee shirt smells from the laundry detergent. It gives me little wafts of scent thoughout the day. May I please have some recommendations for "laundry" scented fragrances? Cotton Tee Shirt, and those types of scents I suppose. I may be in a club of 1 here, but I'm just really into these laundry fragrances lately. Thanks in advance!

Basenotes Institution

Lilybelle - I think Serge Luten's L'eau would be a good one . Plus it's long lasting . I had a good test of this one and despite the fact that we're all not used to Uncle Serge doing 'laundry' - it's very well done and pretty elegant . Not linear to me - just pretty and clean .
    I'm not too fond of CLEAN ( the ubiquitous Sephora stuff ) myself but I guess they are worth exploring. They are really not that great and I tried to find some excuse to buy a bottle - really couldn't bring myself to waste any money on CLEAN.
    Also Philosophy's Baby Grace and Amazing Grace - quite do-able.
    Francis Kurdjian 's Aqua Universalis might be a good one too . I've only tried the new Forte version which is excellent .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 23rd September 2011 at 05:12 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: Laundry Musks...

Thank you, Mimi.

Have you tried Puro Lino EdT, Lilybelle ?

Edit: I haven't smelled it, but another that comes to mind is CB I Hate Perfume's Beautiful Laundrette.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 23rd September 2011 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Have you tried Puro Lino, Lilybelle ?
    You know, I had a sample of that a long time ago, and I can't remember what it was like. Was it citrussy?

Basenotes Institution

Luckyscent used to carry Puro Lino but not for some time now. In fact I don't know where to get Puro Lino in the US now. I heard it's great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    You know, I had a sample of that a long time ago, and I can't remember what it was like. Was it citrussy?
    I believe there is verbena mixed in there, though I didn't find it citrussy, per se.

Basenotes Plus

Plus 1 on Serge Luten's L'eau
    I got a bottle 1/3 of retail cost from someone who was disappointed in it- it is certainly not the usual work of Uncle Serge but I find it a great office scent and could be just the ticket for what you want
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Time & Again Cotton Flower has that fresh clean laundry smell...not sure if you can still find it; I bought it at the airport shop 2 years ago in a rollon-- a cheapie but very nice.

The Kurkdjian is actually perfect also as a detergent itself (I use it), and gives off a mild, day long pleasant whiff.

With access to Arabian perfumes, I'd also suggest Abdul Sameer al Quraishi White Musk oil.

cacio

Thanks for the recommendations! Taking notes.

Blog Entries

Creed's Love in White smells exactly like freshly-washed laundry to me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Here is a store locator for Time & Again products-- I think they have discontinued the rollons but they make scented lotions, candles etc.:

http://www.timeandagain.com/store_locator.php

Teardrop:

you'd have quite a discussion with LT-TS - I doubt they'd wear anything perfumed so!

cacio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Teardrop:

you'd have quite a discussion with LT-TS - I doubt they'd wear anything perfumed so!

cacio
    Me neither. l never said l liked it!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Indeed, freshly washed laundry with a detergent I'd never buy. Then the laundry rots quite fast and starts emitting the unmistakable smell of bacterial decay and swamps...

cacio

Blog Entries

Pretty much every essentail oil called either China Rain, or Rain smells like this to me. I have some from Body Time, but there are many!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Francis Kurdjian 's Aqua Universalis.
    This one. Is available in EDT, Detergent & Fabric Softener for Birght colors and Dark colors. Another good option could be Comme Des Garcons Odeur 53 or Marc Jacobs Cotton Splash

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Indeed, freshly washed laundry with a detergent I'd never buy. Then the laundry rots quite fast and starts emitting the unmistakable smell of bacterial decay and swamps...

cacio
    That wasn't quite what I had in mind! Reminds me of wet laundry left overnight in the washer when I've forgotten to take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    This one. Is available in EDT, Detergent & Fabric Softener for Birght colors and Dark colors. Another good option could be Comme Des Garcons Odeur 53 or Marc Jacobs Cotton Splash
    I've been reading the reviews on the Kurkdjian one and it sounds interesting. The Marc Jacobs one also came to mind. Must investigate Commes des Garcons as well. Thanks!

I'm not looking so much for a detergent or soapy scent per se, as the *self-regenerating* musks that emit from time to time in whiffs from the tee shirt I wear fresh from the dryer. If you know what I mean. I'm enjoying the responses and taking notes, reading reviews.

Adding: My SotM, AG Musc Nomade, has that quality...an airy clean musk that could have come from the clean laundry.

Lilybelle:

indeed, I used to live in central virginia. My sister (from dry Italy) wouldn't understand that if you save on floor cleaners and leave out a wet cleaning rag overnight in the summer, it's going to smell like hell in the morning. Perhaps anosmic to such horror, she would then mop the floor, turning the house into a swamp. I'd have to re-mop the floor with industrial doses of lysol.

Love in white is worse. (So is Eden, but at least Eden is interesting).

cacio

Lilybelle:

indeed, I used to live in central virginia. My sister (from dry Italy) wouldn't understand that if you save on floor cleaners and leave out a wet cleaning rag overnight in the summer, it's going to smell like hell in the morning. Perhaps anosmic to such horror, she would then mop the floor, turning the house into a swamp. I'd have to re-mop the floor with industrial doses of lysol.

Love in white is worse. (So is Eden, but at least Eden is interesting).

cacio
    Well then, I won't seek it out, but now I MUST smell it for the gross-out factor alone!

Basenotes Institution

Also Ava Luxe's Pearl Musk - it's clean smelling , addictive- long lasting. Really good .

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Also Ava Luxe's Pearl Musk - it's clean smelling , addictive- long lasting. Really good .
    Pearl Musk is a good one. Ava Luxe excels in this type of musk - look on her website.

The Kurkdjian is actually perfect also as a detergent itself (I use it), and gives off a mild, day long pleasant whiff.

cacio
    This is perfect for that clean laundry scent, the Aqua Universalis...or whatever its called. I sprayed it on my shirt yesterday at Bergdorf's and its still smelling clean and laundry fresh.

I highly recommend Prada Amber Pour Homme (aka Prada Man). I love the scent of fresh laundry as well, but usually don't enjoy it that much in my fragrances. Prada, however, is a perfect combo of soap and suede and doesn't read as masculine on my skin whatsoever.

Puro Lino and the Eau De Cartiers are my favorite laundry soap scents.

Basenotes Institution

Ooh, yikes indeed. I think I saw these in Target......