Code of Conduct

Default Does Cosmetisch Haarwater Have Any Odor & Can I Import It To the UK?

Hello UK Perfumers

If you have any experience with cosmetisch haarwater please answer these two questions for me:

1. Does it have any odor at all and

2. Can I import it into the UK (with duty paid, I assume)?

Thanks in advance.

All the best.

Warmest regards
    Bill
    "All art begins and ends with integrity. Without integrity there can be no art." Kimon NicolaÔdes

Default Re: Does Cosmetisch Haarwater Have Any Odor & Can I Import It To the UK?

it smells strongly of alcohol with a very slight bergamot type topnote detectable in the background, together with something else (i guess that's from the conditioner.) it's faint even on a strip that was soaked with the stuff.

it's not pure, but it's usable. people will almost certainly not notice the masking or masked notes if it's used for making a perfume.

Default Re: Does Cosmetisch Haarwater Have Any Odor & Can I Import It To the UK?

Unfortunately, as I understand the situation, it is not possible to import it into the UK. Certainly Hekserji will no-longer export it to the UK.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Can I use this as perfumers alcohol to make my own perfumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Can I use this as perfumers alcohol to make my own perfumes?
    Yes, thatís what itís sold for.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

I use it a lot, as sold by Hekserij, but as Chris mentioned, i don't think they will export to the UK.
    It serves me well for my experiments, because it's rather cheap compared to pure perfumers alcohol.
    It's 95% alcohol, a bit of panthenol, bergamot oil and some odor free substance to denature alcohol.
    It has a very very very faint smell of bergamot. But after adding your first drop of whatever raw material, you won't notice it anymore. You'd probably need GC/MS to detect it's there.
    Very useable for experiments.

Happy perfuming,
    Jeroen.

Your'e welcome to visit my formulation blog, with a dozen of perfume formulations and accords to share!

Hello !
    I try to google a supplier for Cosmetisch Haarwater in the US but my search keeps turning up empty. Anyone?

You have Everclear there. You don't need to import anything.

Hola Mumsy,
    Everclear is quite easy to obtain where I leave :-). That was the first solvent I started experimenting with in my early days. However, I found that my mixes smelled a bit too much like alcohol when I used Everclear, so I went & bought a 32oz bottle of perfumer's alcohol SDA (Specially Denatured Alcohol) 40b for like $18.49 at a discount with a user's permit (had to register for it). That was not cheap I tell ya! However, if I do consider going back to Everclear, would it be best to use a DPG or DEP to soften the alcohol or are there other brands out there that I should consider buying over others?
    Thanks

Take a small amount of your smelly everclear and condition it yourself. Add a minuscule and measured amount of Benzoin and set it aside for three months. Then smell it again. Say 0.5 of a ml in 100mls. See what happens.

If you have enough everclear. Repeat this with a few others (bergamot or woods) if you don't want benzoin in your blend.
    Last edited by mumsy; 4th August 2014 at 08:23 AM.

Oh Mumsy!
    What would we do without you...lol
    Thank you