Code of Conduct

Default Does Cosmetisch Haarwater Have Any Odor & Can I Import It To the UK?

Hello UK Perfumers

If you have any experience with cosmetisch haarwater please answer these two questions for me:

1. Does it have any odor at all and

2. Can I import it into the UK (with duty paid, I assume)?

Thanks in advance.

All the best.

Warmest regards
    Bill
    "All art begins and ends with integrity. Without integrity there can be no art." Kimon NicolaÔdes

Default Re: Does Cosmetisch Haarwater Have Any Odor & Can I Import It To the UK?

it smells strongly of alcohol with a very slight bergamot type topnote detectable in the background, together with something else (i guess that's from the conditioner.) it's faint even on a strip that was soaked with the stuff.

it's not pure, but it's usable. people will almost certainly not notice the masking or masked notes if it's used for making a perfume.

Default Re: Does Cosmetisch Haarwater Have Any Odor & Can I Import It To the UK?

Unfortunately, as I understand the situation, it is not possible to import it into the UK. Certainly Hekserji will no-longer export it to the UK.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Can I use this as perfumers alcohol to make my own perfumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Can I use this as perfumers alcohol to make my own perfumes?
    Yes, thatís what itís sold for.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

I use it a lot, as sold by Hekserij, but as Chris mentioned, i don't think they will export to the UK.
    It serves me well for my experiments, because it's rather cheap compared to pure perfumers alcohol.
    It's 95% alcohol, a bit of panthenol, bergamot oil and some odor free substance to denature alcohol.
    It has a very very very faint smell of bergamot. But after adding your first drop of whatever raw material, you won't notice it anymore. You'd probably need GC/MS to detect it's there.
    Very useable for experiments.

Happy perfuming,
    Jeroen.

Your'e welcome to visit my formulation blog, with a dozen of perfume formulations and accords to share!

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Hello !
    I try to google a supplier for Cosmetisch Haarwater in the US but my search keeps turning up empty. Anyone?

You have Everclear there. You don't need to import anything.
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Hola Mumsy,
    Everclear is quite easy to obtain where I leave :-). That was the first solvent I started experimenting with in my early days. However, I found that my mixes smelled a bit too much like alcohol when I used Everclear, so I went & bought a 32oz bottle of perfumer's alcohol SDA (Specially Denatured Alcohol) 40b for like $18.49 at a discount with a user's permit (had to register for it). That was not cheap I tell ya! However, if I do consider going back to Everclear, would it be best to use a DPG or DEP to soften the alcohol or are there other brands out there that I should consider buying over others?
    Thanks

Take a small amount of your smelly everclear and condition it yourself. Add a minuscule and measured amount of Benzoin and set it aside for three months. Then smell it again. Say 0.5 of a ml in 100mls. See what happens.

If you have enough everclear. Repeat this with a few others (bergamot or woods) if you don't want benzoin in your blend.
    Last edited by mumsy; 4th August 2014 at 07:23 AM.
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

Oh Mumsy!
    What would we do without you...lol
    Thank you