Code of Conduct

Default Creed Original Santal Auth Check

tl;dr version:

- Writing on box looks cheap.

- "e" is missing after "120 ml."

- Writing printed on -top- of the Creed emblem on what I believe to be the fake. Whereas room has been made for the letters on the real box.

Question: Older release or fake?

Just received Original Santal from an online shop. I placed an order after having read a few positive reviews on here about them not too long ago. Here's a few things that have got me wondering whether this bottle is fake or just an older style.

1) I compared the writing on the OS box to both online images of Creed boxes and one of my own. The writing is thinner and, to me, seems (for the lack of a better word) cheaper. Up close, the texture overall seems rough. Whereas the writing on my box is not only wider, but way smoother. You may be able to see this in the pictures below.

2) You see how in the first picture, "MILLESIME", along with the other writing (save for the "120 ml"), is actually printed -over- the Creed emblem that's plastered all over the box? And how that that's not the case with the my box/the second picture? Room has been made to accommodate for the letters in the second picture, while in the first picture the writing seems to have been sloppily placed on top of the emblem's. Could this be something that was overlooked in the design department on some of the earlier Creed's? Or is this a sign of a fake?

3) The "e" next to "120 ml." is missing. The box I have, plus every other box I've seen via Google images has this "e." What does it stand for, anyway?

4) Most importantly, it smells different. The juice seems both light, sharp and I don't want to use the word cheap, but it just doesn't seem to have the depth the that the sample has. The fresh sample of OS that I have, both when spray or dabbed, is just way richer, smoother and creamier, which I very highly prefer. So again, I'm unsure if such is due to an older version, or if I'm the proud owner of 4 oz of Joop. Guess there's no way to find out for sure.

5) If you check the two stock pics below (picture 3 & 4), you'll see that they both not only have the "e", but there's a silver border around the sticker in the middle of the box. The border on my box is white. Same goes for the silver Creed emblem on top of the sticker, near the very top of the box. On my case it's white, not silver. I've seen white borders, but specially with regard to OS, I wonder if they ever came in white.

Not sure what to make of all this and whether or not to attribute any of the issues to that of an older style of OS or what, so figured I'd create and account and ask some of you guys what you thought - at least with regard to the box.

I'd really like to know if this place is legit or not, as the prices are the best I've found online, so any help would be great. I'd like to hold off on providing the company's information, so's not to tarnish their name for what might be no reason at all.

My pictures:

(SWM/My box):

Stock pictures:

Default Re: Creed Original Santal Auth Check

The big question is: does it smell like a fake?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/188...WEED-Yes-FRICH

Good post there with pics you can check out.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Just for grins my authentic box is from lot A4108D02 which is a 2008 bottle and the area around the silver sticker and the upper crest are just white box no silver as well. It however does not contain any of the many spelling issues etc listed on the other post I think that's where you'll find out if it's genuine. Mine also DOES have the small letter e after 120ml.

Check that previous post for the spelling errors.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Exactly.

This definitley looks real. Ive never been a big fan of OS but I think you're safe authenticity wise.

Get a bottle of Diptyque Tam Dao and be happy if this doesnt please you. I sold my OS bottle because it never got any wear over my Tam Dao.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Check out my number "4" quote above.

It smells light, airy, not very rich. Seems similar, but something about it just doesn't smell right. So I was wondering if I've been duped with 4oz's of Joop, or if this is yet another case of batch variation with Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Just for grins my authentic box is from lot A4108D02 which is a 2008 bottle and the area around the silver sticker and the upper crest are just white box no silver as well.
    Yea', every stock picture I seen (they ALL seem to be the same, which is why I didn't provide any pictures) don't have the silver emblem on top. But the only two pictures that I could find, that someone actually took, had the silver emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    It however does not contain any of the many spelling issues etc listed on the other post I think that's where you'll find out if it's genuine.
    Spelling seems fine, will check again, tho'. Think that was specific to really bad fakes, like that "Frish" Creed box.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew777 View Post
    This definitley looks real.
    Can you please elaborate? How can you be so certain? Does your box have the same writing over the emblem? And if so, where did you purchase it from?

I went from thinking OS was "okay", to actually really liking it. I definitely want it as part of my collection, but I want the real thing. More so, I want it to smell like my sample, but would rather not shell out retail as I don't like it THAT much.

As for Diptyque, definitely not a fan. Perhaps my tastes will change over time, but as of now, of the 5 highly talked about samples I have from them, none did anything for me. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

So does anyone know what that "e" stands for?

My box is white and if you google original santal on google first few boxes that show up are just like mine white no silver emblems and white around the label, that's fine mine is legit from the mall in Vegas.

Mine however does NOT type over the emblems it has space for them cleared off and I have the little E.

Lots of information to check in the other thread, batch numbers, serial numbers, mispellings etc.