Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Very Irresistible by Givenchy VS L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme/ Which one would you recommend?

I hear these two fragrances are similar, but which one would you recommend?

I'm a senior in high school and enjoy mature fragrances, but a lot of reviewers are saying it would be too mature for my age group and that VI would be more well suited. Could I pull off LDG? Or should I play it safe and go with Givenchy? OR better yet, what would you recommend that is similar to these two?

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...-Homme-52.html

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...or-men-34.html

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Very Irresistible by Givenchy VS L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme/ Which one would you recommen

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme - preferably the EDP
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Very Irresistible by Givenchy VS L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme/ Which one would you recommen

Well, I have smelt many fragrances and I have worn many fragrances both casual and formal, yet my first thought when I smelt L'Instant was that it was extremely elegant. I can't get myself to wear it casually as I find it too nice and classy for everyday wear. Why, you ask? It has a richness that I associate with elegance and the style of the scent seems more suited for a formal occasion.

With that said, I don't think very highly of VI. If you like it, then read no further as one man's opinion needn't have any bearing on what you think. Personally, having owned it in the past, I find it quite synthetic or unnatural smelling, and it also smells poorly blended. It seems to transition from the green minty opening to a gourmand mocha note, but the move is clouded by a chemical-smelling mess that one can only interpret as a cacophony of poorly blended notes. So, I wouldn't recommend it over gourmands like A*Men and Rochas Man.

If you're looking for something in the same style as above, I would encourage you to try Rochas Man first. From there, check out the likes of Dior Homme and other well-regarded scents. Definitely test before buying when possible.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Basenotes Member

Where would you recommend finding the EDP for a reasonable price?

Basenotes Member

Thanks that actually helps a lot! But I actually do dress up in a full suit quite often and attend formal gatherings with my parents. I was thinking maybe getting it primarily for when we go out, but then maybe every so often wear it at school too.

The reason why I'm not looking at fragrances like Dior Homme is because they are a little out of my budget, and I found a 2.5 oz of L'Instant de Guerlain for $33 USD through Sears.
    Last edited by br3nd3nmar; 26th September 2011 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by br3nd3nmar View Post
    Thanks that actually helps a lot! But I actually do dress up in a full suit quite often and attend formal gatherings with my parents. I was thinking maybe getting it primarily for when we go out, but then maybe every so often wear it at school too.

The reason why I'm not looking at fragrances like Dior Homme is because they are a little out of my budget, and I found a 2.5 oz of L'Instant de Guerlain for $33 USD through Sears.
    Well in that case, I'd go for the L'Instant. That's a great price for such a quality fragrance. Enjoy!
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    This is the one. You will love it, as will anyone close to you!

+1 I do not really like Very Irresistible...

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme

Its hard to say. If I were in high school I would feel a touch strange with LIG, however VI would work much better in that age bracket. However, you said you like mature scents, so go for it LIG. I like both for the record.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Both EDP and EDT of L'instant de Guerlain are superior to VI .

When you smell L'instant, you will notice the quality of notes in it . It's pure class.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

+ 1 no questions about it.

I would recommend both, they are both great gourmands and great for your requirements

L'Instant

Where would you recommend finding the EDP for a reasonable price?
    Strawberrynet. The only other place I have ever found this one is at the giant duty-free perfume shop at Atlanta airport, and at Neiman's in Dallas (although they were sold out). If Strawberrynet is currently sold out (and they often are), just keep checking every few days until it's back in stock.

Alternatively, I believe you can order it directly from Guerlain's website.

Buy it - QUICK!!

Givenchy...it's so sexy!