Thread: Favorite designer aquatic?
No niche please. I am wondering what everyone's favorite designer brand aquatic fragrance is.
Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman
Klein Eternity Aqua, Davidoff Cool Water & Bvlgari Aqua - My Top 3
Last edited by CHSeifert; 27th September 2011 at 06:28 AM.
Claus The Danish Viking
Acqua Di Gio
also, Bleu de Chanel (I don't really consider it a traditional aquatic at all, but I know many do)
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Boss Elements Aqua, Kenzo pour Homme
Kenzo pour Homme but Bvlgari Aqua is nice too.
Armani Acqua Di Gio. Bvlgari Aqva would be my 2nd.
"I am a robot and I like cheese"
1. Axe Kilo
2. Lectric Shave
3. Vicks Vapor Rub
4. Febreze Pour Homme
5. Preferred Stock
I'm surprised so many actually like Bvlgari Aqua. While I think it's a very good composition from an artistic perspective, it seems kind of cold and bleak - the kind of scent that's appropriate for a foggy/misty/rainy day but not regular wear.
L'Eau par Kenzo
Guy Laroche Horizon
Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread
I am very much in the minority I suppose, but the only one I really like is Bvlgari Aqva Marine. I prefer it over Bvlgari Aqva.
Most worn scents according to my haphazard use of the SOTD...so perhaps my favorites...
1. Epic Man by Amouage (21 wears)
2. M7 by Eves Saint Laurent (18 wears)
3. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (18 wears)
4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (14 wears)
5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (12 wears)
6. Fate Man by Amouage (11 wears)
7. Terre d'Hermes by Hermes (11 wears plus - often not recorded go to scent)
8. Interlude Man by Amouage (11 wears)
9. Journey Man by Amouage (11 wears)
10. Plum Japonais by Tom Ford, Bullion by Byredo, Piper Nigrum by a Lorenzo Villorosi, Pulp by Byredo, Santal Royal by Guerlain (9 wears)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Kenzo pour Homme
To the O.P: I apologise in advance for breaking your no niche rule, but I feel really strongly about recommending Ineke Derring Do. It is an amazing floral aquatic, which is very complex in its development. No perfume before or since has captured rain in the same way.
Again sorry, because you've explicitly stated "No Niche", but this should be easy to test and near the same price as designers.
@SoS: I love Bleu de Channel but I agree with you that it is not aquatic, so I wont recommend it as one.
Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.
Cool Water then Acqua Di Gio
I like Kenzo Homme but its projection/sillage/longevity are all poor on me
the original new west by aramis, and kenzo pour homme.
Acqua Di Gio
Bvlgari Aqua Marine.
SEEKING BOTTLES OF:
Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
Gloria by Cacharel
PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!
mi vote for L´eau par kenzo.
honorable mention: Carolina Herrera Aqua
my current top five (always in transition)
Dior Eau Noire
HdP 1725 Casanova
eau de gloire parfum d'empire
Dia man Amouage
comme des garçons man 2
Unforgivable. My "golden standard" aquatic is Millesime Imperial, and, that is a similar rendition with less complexity and longevity.
YSL L'Homme Eau D' Ete 08
Probably Nautica Voyage - Even though its not a super aquatic scent IMO.
Consider the new DKNY Men, a good take on ADG.
The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/414...-Discontinued) (My swap thread)
Looking for swap: Lolita Lempicka Minuit, Aqua Di Gio Essenza, Boss Bottled Intense, Bond No 9 I love NY for all, Bvlgari Man Extreme, Calvin Klein Reveal, Decants of D&G The One EDP