Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: All invited *** Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, October 1, 2011 *** AMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    There's always at least one particular perfume that runs contrary to whatever rules one thinks they've discovered.
    So true!

I'm making it a Sniff 'n Speak weekend, wearing Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris this afternoon...carnation, Turkish rose, Indian jasmine, amber, vanilla, sweet musk, heliotrope, orange flower. It's chilly today (finally!) and this suits. My interest in warm, ambery fragrances rises as the temperature falls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Ooh goody, one of my favourite categories!

l have a few to choose from;
    [...]
    I also have a sample of L'Air du Desert Marocain which l haven't tried yet.
    Thank you for pointing this one to my attention! This sample is a challenge for me, as I remember from testing it, and I did not even considered it to be an amber (on me it was death by cumin). So today in the spirit of making an SnS a bit of a challenge, I got this one out and managed the tiniest dabs on my skin. Yes, small application makes wonders sometimes. I get some warmth from the spices, but not a cumin overdose.

Speak up, people, anyone here SPRAYS this stuff?
    (and yes, do you spray Ambre Sultan too?) this one I am also doing in tiny dabs right now maybe, I'll graduate from preschool one fine day

heart of ice

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    <snip>

Speak up, people, anyone here SPRAYS this stuff?
    (and yes, do you spray Ambre Sultan too?) this one I am also doing in tiny dabs right now maybe, I'll graduate from preschool one fine day
    Sure do! I happily spray both of them ... although I usually save LdDM for days off of work.
    Currently wearing: Cuir by Lancôme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Sure do! I happily spray both of them ... although I usually save LdDM for days off of work.
    Maybe some day I will too. Right now I actually dab all of them, because all my ambers are in dab samples. I love them all! But some I do generous dabs, and other still scare me off

Ambre Fetiche has a kick ass opening of some strong incense (Mr. W. suggested that right out of the vial it smelled like turpentine!), then it dried to a nice amber, and now every time I breathe on my arm I get a funny note of toasted nuts or sunflower seeds! Not what I would've expected from an amber, nice, nevertheless. Certainly different.

I continued with Profumi del Forte Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea. Boy, this is a no-nonsense amber! It's very serious, maybe even dark. I remember it a happier one when I wore it on a beautiful August evening. I bet my skin was a lot warmer on that day!