Code of Conduct

Default Just wore TWENTY sprays of EROLFA out, smell went away in an hour + Review of Jaguar for Men

The EROLFA was strong for an hour or so but now it's a skin scent. I sprayed it all over my arms, shirt and everything too. Sigh.

I blind purchased Jaguar for men, since I like Jaguar cars. It's not bad really. It's basically Tiffany for Men without the sweetness, and with more masculinity. I doubt I would ever wear it out, but it will be in that "Royal English Leather" category - meaning stuff I wear for myself around the house.

Default Re: Just wore TWENTY sprays of EROLFA out, smell went away in an hour + Review of Jaguar for Men

That's pretty surprising. I have never had a problem with Erolfa lasting. Three sprays lasted me all day.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Just wore TWENTY sprays of EROLFA out, smell went away in an hour + Review of Jaguar for Men

that sucks, its a great scent. I tried a sample of it back in the day and remember loving it, and even smelled it after a shower on me. Surprising it didn't last, but then again, it's from Creed and as much as I love them I know they are not the longest lasting. One hour is horrible though. That's how MI was for me - 30 minutes and poof, $5 worth of fragrance gone!

glad you are enjoying Jaguar! Love the fragrance and the cars too.

-Me.

I hear this is the worst longevity of the creeds.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Carry a small spray decant of Erolfa with you. A discreet trip to the bathroom and a quick spritz-up will bring back the best of it in seconds.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That's pretty surprising. I have never had a problem with Erolfa lasting. Three sprays lasted me all day.
    My experience also.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Sur la Plage

You're lucky the smell of Eralpha went away so quickly.

Also, I personally see no similarities between Jaguar for Men and Tiffany for Men.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Erolfa=lame

You sprayed it on everything? lol
    - Expect the unexpected

Yup, I love the smell but can barely make it outta the house before I need to re-apply.

spraying MORE doesn't make it last LONGER... it just means you'll have more of the smell for the same time period.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I only get 4 hours max wearing Erolfa in the heat and also in AC. It seems to be one of the shorter lasting Creeds and also one of the poorest in projection. I bought it and returned it for Bleu de Chanel which I like much better.

Erolfa lasts a good long time on me. Sure you're not just desensitized to it, while you gas out everyone around you?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Erolfa lasts a good long time on me. Sure you're not just desensitized to it, while you gas out everyone around you?
    +1.

Twenty sprays would fatigue even the most well trained nose in a very short amount of time. I imagine you are getting such an acrid blast at first that by the time the heart/base takes over your olfactory senses are absolutely shot.

Was your Jaguar green bottle/wood cap? If so, what nation is listed? Mine is Made in Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    Twenty sprays would fatigue even the most well trained nose in a very short amount of time. I imagine you are getting such an acrid blast at first that by the time the heart/base takes over your olfactory senses are absolutely shot.
    Lol! But I have the same opinion.

A Creed you say? With spotty longevity you say?

Partario you say? With an anti Creed post you say? How very surprising.[/sarcasm]

Sir Tristan!

Predictable/10

<3!

The law of diminishing marginal utilities at it's finest. Consider this, you are very thirsty. You get a bottle of water and drink it, by far the best bottle of water you have ever had. You drink another, its okay but nothing like the first one. Each passing bottle gives you less satisfaction to the point where you no longer desire any water. Applied to olfactory senses, they were overwhelmed by it in the beginning but each passing sniff your sense of smell grew more fatigued until your perception of it diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

+1.

Same thing here Erolfa lasts a good 5-8 hours on my skin, it really evolves after 20 minutes of application...

gross. twenty sprays? glad i don't know you.

also, people who test fragrances out before they buy them, guess what? It pays to find out what works on YOUR skin before you OWN it

Never any problems with me personally. I'd say it's average to slightly better so for longevity compared to other Creeds. If your hypothesis is it doesn't last long, try spraying yourself 20 times in a room full of people. If no one clears the room, bitches or complains, then your hypothesis that it's weak is probably true. But I'd bet the house this isn't going to be the case.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Was your Jaguar green bottle/wood cap? If so, what nation is listed? Mine is Made in Switzerland.
    LOL, it looks like you are on a "whats listed at the bottom of the fragrance bottle" kick. I'm pretty sure just telling what cap a Jaguar bottle has is enough.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Never any problems with me personally. I'd say it's average to slightly better so for longevity compared to other Creeds. If your hypothesis is it doesn't last long, try spraying yourself 20 times in a room full of people. If no one clears the room, bitches or complains, then your hypothesis that it's weak is probably true. But I'd bet the house this isn't going to be the case.

I agree. I find Erolfa to be on the powerful side and its longevity go for up to 24 hours. It's easily one of those scents that I wake up smelling the next day from just a couple of sprays to the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I agree. I find Erolfa to be on the powerful side and its longevity go for up to 24 hours. It's easily one of those scents that I wake up smelling the next day from just a couple of sprays to the chest.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    I hear this is the worst longevity of the creeds.
    It is for me that's for sure!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    You're lucky the smell of Eralpha went away so quickly.
    Great!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2