Code of Conduct

Default Cool Water / Chrome / Chrome Sport Questions...

I've narrowed my new cologne choice to these three: Davidoff Cool Water, Azzaro Chrome, or Azzaro Chrome Sport.

I like certain 'notes' of each cologne so I'm sort of torn about which one to choose.

I've smelled (and actually worn a sample of the two Azzaros) the Chrome and Chrome Sport more than the Cool Water which I just discovered for the first time today.

How long does Cool Water typically last on a normal application?

I had a chance to actually wear the Chrome Sport today and it didn't seem to last very long on me. After only 2 hours my wife had a problem 'getting a good smell' of it from me. Is this typical for the Sport version of Chrome?

Is it just me, or after an hour or two does Chrome have a scent similar to CK One?

Thanks for any answers/opinions you can provide.

TripleB
    Last edited by TripleB; 28th September 2011 at 02:13 AM.

Default Re: Cool Water / Chrome / Chrome Sport Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
    I like certain 'notes' of each cologne so I'm sort of torn about which one to choose.
    Although I have nothing against any of them, I'd go with Chrome.

Post Re: Cool Water / Chrome / Chrome Sport Questions...

Perfume choice is very subjective. There are no right or wrong choices when it comes to perfume ... only the ones you like or don't like. If smell from either perfumes evokes any happy moments.. buy that one.
    www.PerfumeHall.com

I see you are caving into your wife's housecleaning propensity.
    Go with Cool Water.

cacio

I prefer Chrome because it's a little woody/spicy and has a fresh masculine scent. It lasts on me all day!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
    I've narrowed my new cologne choice to these three: Davidoff Cool Water, Azzaro Chrome, or Azzaro Chrome Sport.

I've smelled (and actually worn a sample of the two Azzaros) the Chrome and Chrome Sport more than the Cool Water which I just discovered for the first time today.

How long does Cool Water typically last on a normal application?

I had a chance to actually wear the Chrome Sport today and it didn't seem to last very long on me. After only 2 hours my wife had a problem 'getting a good smell' of it from me. Is this typical for the Sport version of Chrome?

Is it just me, or after an hour or two does Chrome have a scent similar to CK One?

Thanks for any answers/opinions you can provide.

TripleB
    Chrome definetely has some similarities with CK One.

Would be my choice. Cool water is very good too

Chrome to me is nearly identical to CK One except the former takes a more masculine route and the latter [allegedly] goes a unisex route (although I haven't worn CK One in months as it's far too feminine now to me). Cool Water is a considerably better fragrance than Chrome albeit for the fact that everyone knows it, it's far too common and it's an inferior version of Green Irish Tweed. If being unique/standing out isn't a priority and you don't want to shell out the extra bucks for GIT, you'll do very well with Cool Water, there's a reason it's been a perennial bestseller since its release.

And yes, the problem with many sport fragrances is longevity. I haven't tried Chrome Sport personally, but if you're having a problem detecting it after 2 hours, it's probably going to be a pass unless you want to carry an atomizer of it around to constantly reapply throughout the day

Current formulation of Chrome and current formulation of Cool Water suck longevity wise.

Chrome from back in the day lasts about 12-14 hours, CW from the older bottles lasts 8-10 hours.
    Current formulation Chrome - 3 hours, current formulation CW - 5 hours on my skin.