Code of Conduct

Default Smell of next days hangover - Micallef Homme Aoud

New olfactive experience today. Micallef aoud homme is a fantastic fragrance but when I hit the 7 hour mark this frag turns into something that reminds me strongly of the way you smell the next day after a really hard night of drinking. Those are days that I do not miss and I certainly am not fond of the fragrant memory, rofl.

Default Re: Smell of next days hangover - Micallef Homme Aoud

Some think the same of PdE Ambre Russe, which I enjoy. It has a really boozy topnote.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Hangover's fine. But if anything is reminiscent of the night before's vomit, I'm running away top speed LOL.

I love a good boozy frag but not the rotten spoiled smell your left with the next day, lol. I love ambre russe!

I have Micallef Homme Aoud, and I don't get that nauseating lingering smell hours after applying it. It pretty much stays the same on my skin - pleasant throughout.

Basenotes Member

I just bought it last night. I will try it tomorrow. Having had some experience in the long distant past ... ahem ... with boozy topnotes, I will let you know...

I am concerned about longevity because my skin seems to absorb so many fragrances. I'm trying exfoliating, as well as Nivea body lotion, and it's gotten better, but I can never get by on a fragrance for 8 hours with just 3 little puffs, like some of my fellow BNers.

I love most of the time that this fragrance is on my skin but I'm laying here in bed now and I feel like I've just woken up from a night of drinking....gack, lol. I thought this was one I was going to have to get but this drydown on me just makes this an absolute pass.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have Micallef Homme Aoud, and I don't get that nauseating lingering smell hours after applying it. It pretty much stays the same on my skin - pleasant throughout.
    My experience and thoughts as well.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!