Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone tried the new Topman fragrances yet? Parfum No. 16 and Parfum No. 27

These fragrances launched last week in the Oxford Circus branch of Topman. Just wondering if anyone has tried them yet?

You can read about them here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/content/869...h-Azzi-Glasser

Default Re: Has anyone tried the new Topman fragrances yet? Parfum No. 16 and Parfum No. 27

Thanks for the link.

Default Re: Has anyone tried the new Topman fragrances yet? Parfum No. 16 and Parfum No. 27

OK, I'm off now to try them. I always like their clothes and if their media release is to be believed... oh well, I'll try anything once.

Oooh, can't wait to hear what you think!

Still no one sniff these ??? ...

I really hope they are at very least averagely decent and not just more generic fodder. Or with any luck worth actually more than their fantastically affordable £15 price point. Which, lets face it, is an absolute steal when it comes to "parfum". ;o)
    It will certainly be hard to resist, even if only to be used as an ambient "room spray". (LOL)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 30th September 2011 at 02:00 PM.

Come on pawful, you said you were gonna try them! Where's your review??? Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Still no one sniff these ??? ...

I really hope they are at very least averagely decent and not just more generic fodder. Or with any luck worth actually more than their fantastically affordable £15 price point. Which, lets face it, is an absolute steal when it comes to "parfum". ;o)
    It will certainly be hard to resist, even if only to be used as an ambient "room spray". (LOL)
    I'm hoping they'll be good too. The only drawback if they are though, is that everyone will be wearing them.

Sorry! I have tried them (once on skin) they weren't on sale yet but the shops have testers on the counter. I think they are nice for 15 pounds (is that for 100ml?), definitely nicer than other stuff at that price. I would try them both again, but can't say either reached out and grabbed me as a person who already owns a lot of fragrance. They seemed pretty mild and low-key (don't expect anything from the name EDP), contemporary, wearable. One is warm and the other is fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I'm hoping they'll be good too. The only drawback if they are though, is that everyone will be wearing them.
    That is definitely true. But actually I don't think either of the two is the kind of fragrance that stands out recognisably. Ladies who regularly bang topman shoppers will be the main ones who'll recognise it.

If I like one I will take it back to New Zealand, where nobody will be wearing it, so i don't need to worry about that for myself.

Thanks pawful! I guess I expected them to be pretty tame and safe. Still looking forward to trying them though!

i ended up buying the number 27 giftset (100ml EDP + Shower Gel) for the low low price of 13.60 . I don't know if I need both this and Guerlain Vetiver, (I'm not a massive fan of the note vetiver anyway) but I find Number 27 a tad easier to wear. Is it ok to say that? I'm sure I will change my mind one day!

I got to try both of them yesterday in Dublin. I actually quite liked them both, but I'd already splashed out on some bottles of Dior Homme Intense, so I wasn't really in the mood for buying more fragrances.

I'm not sure either of them are particularly exciting, but they're nicely done and very reasonable priced!

knowing the rate topman refreshes its stock, you probably have two months to change your mind.

Number 6 has that combo of ambery notes and ozonic notes that reminds me of ham.

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    knowing the rate topman refreshes its stock, you probably have two months to change your mind.

Number 6 has that combo of ambery notes and ozonic notes that reminds me of ham.
    Mmmmm...ham as a fragrance note...beautiful. Hehe!

So true about Topman's stock too. The amount of times I've gone back in to get another pair of jeans that I bought a few weeks ago, only to find that they've already stopped making them...aaargh!

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

Topman sent me two samples of their Parfum No. 27 with something I bought. It's actually not that bad. Much better than I thought it would be. It smells like soap. Did anyone else get that? It's very clean. Very fresh. For 15 quid it's actually good, don't think I'd buy it though as 1) I'm a snob and 2) I've got three bottles to be delivered so am done buying fragrances for the time being.