Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 90 of 90
  1. #61
    Dependent LloydLlewellyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    1,803

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Eau des Baux is, I'm not adding anything new here, an excellent fragrance. On my skin it turns more to smoky cypress than sweet vanilla, so many of you will envy me, although I'd actually prefer it the other way around, lol!
    I was also impressed by the ultra-natural balanced black pepper of L'Occitan. Didn't try the Vetyver as I'm a bit fed up with vetivers, but reading as it isn't that much vetiver-prominent, I may give it a shot.
    The Labdanum is also delicious!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  2. #62

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    I just bought this a few weeks ago and love it. It's like a toned down version of Tobacco Vanille. From the sprayer, they actually both smell the same. But Eau de Baux is more incense-y.

  3. #63
    Halo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Posts
    625

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    I love the first hour or so, then I start to loose interest as I like my incense cold, dry and ashy! The sweetness kinda ruins it for me in the end.

    cheers

    Pablo
    SOLOMON saith: There is no new thing upon the earth. So that as Plato had an imagination, That all knowledge was but remembrance; so Solomon giveth his sentence, That all novelty is but oblivion.

  4. #64

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Much too sweet and cloying for my tastes. Begins okay, become overwhelmingly one-noted by the end.

  5. #65
    Super Member Sicktrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    109
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Am I crazy to feel the same drydown on this and DHI?

    I thought I smell a bit of incense too but it's mostly vanilla for my nose. Sweet but not discouraging sweet...although I might have to agree with Merely, is very one-noted. But I love that note!

    UPDATE:
    Don't know about sillage, but the longevity is SICK. 6 hours and a shower later, still feel it oozing on my skin.
    Last edited by Sicktrick; 13th February 2013 at 08:00 PM.
    www.smellandtell.wordpress.com <-- my rookie perfume review blog.
    Last review: Histoires de Parfums - 1740
    Say hey!

  6. #66

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    It's hard to beat this one for the price.
    You can get a 100ml bottle for less than $60
    and it's on par with the best designers and even
    some niche fragrances in terms of quality.

    Longevity and projection are outstanding.
    For me, the incense and woods do a nice job
    of balancing out the sweetness of the vanilla.

    It's also versatile enough to be worn year round IMO,
    just not on the hottest of summer days. A great fragrance.

  7. #67
    Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    8,617
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    I just picked up a bottle. Between a fragrancenet sale and ebates cash back, I got 100ml (I guess that's the only size it comes in) for $28.16 shipped. Can't beat that! And it's really excellent stuff. Honestly, if this exact same juice were sold online in a very heavy and classy bottle, people wouldn't even hesitate to pay $150+ for it.

    I think it's funny how quick people are to look for reasons to dismiss it since it's cheap, but if it were expensive, people would look for reasons to praise it.

    I would rank EdB among the best of the affordables.
    Current Favorites:
    Petit Matin
    Oud Wood
    Endymion
    Dior Homme
    Grey Vetiver
    Fahrenheit
    Royal Oud
    Interlude Man
    Hanae Mori HM
    Pomelo Paradis
    Original Vetiver
    Reflection Man
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Millesime Imperial

  8. #68
    Super Member Sicktrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    109
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I just picked up a bottle. Between a fragrancenet sale and ebates cash back, I got 100ml (I guess that's the only size it comes in) for $28.16 shipped. Can't beat that! And it's really excellent stuff. Honestly, if this exact same juice were sold online in a very heavy and classy bottle, people wouldn't even hesitate to pay $150+ for it.

    I think it's funny how quick people are to look for reasons to dismiss it since it's cheap, but if it were expensive, people would look for reasons to praise it.

    I would rank EdB among the best of the affordables.
    Wow. I love fragrance.net prices..but with shipping romania it's getting crazy expensive!
    A bottle of EdB here is about 63$ I really want it but...when i see people getting ti for half the price! mrrrrr

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    It's hard to beat this one for the price.
    You can get a 100ml bottle for less than $60
    and it's on par with the best designers and even
    some niche fragrances in terms of quality.

    Longevity and projection are outstanding.
    For me, the incense and woods do a nice job
    of balancing out the sweetness of the vanilla.

    It's also versatile enough to be worn year round IMO,
    just not on the hottest of summer days. A great fragrance.
    Exquisite, sir!!
    www.smellandtell.wordpress.com <-- my rookie perfume review blog.
    Last review: Histoires de Parfums - 1740
    Say hey!

  9. #69

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    I recommend spraying this on clothing to make the most out of the vanilla and incense
    Currently lawyering and DJing in Tokyo. Still obsessed with smelling good



    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

  10. #70
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    I recommend spraying this on clothing to make the most out of the vanilla and incense
    What i do. this is my fav vanilla fragrance.

    If you have a partner that loves flowerbomb, expect compliments every time you wear it.

  11. #71
    Super Member Orieno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NenMaster View Post
    If you have a partner that loves flowerbomb, expect compliments every time you wear it.
    Funny you should say that. My girlfriend wears flowerbomb and Baux is one of the very few of my fragrances she's really not liked. She really dislikes it infact. "Smells like horrible medicine" apparently.

    Baux is a funny one for me. I tested on skin and paper before I bought it and absolutely loved it. Couldn't stop sniffing my hand and the card I'd had it on. I then bought it and actually went off it enough to sell.

    The first morning I sprayed it on my dressing gown I ended up having to put it in the washing machine as it was making me feel a bit nauseous !

    I really like the sweet vanilla dry down but the first two or three hours or so for me are not particularly nice and are a bit headache inducing. I see my girlfriends point about it being a medicinal smell, I also see why so many people love it, however.

    I've never done any layering of fragrances but I imagine this might be a good one to work it because of the sweet vanilla that sits in the background for so long.

  12. #72
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Thats a shame, my missus likes it. Rare to get a compliement from her. But i have noticed this is the one.

    See id say id agree with you if you was talking about Rochas Man, I honestly dont get the hype.

    Jaipur is a lot nicer than rochas man.

  13. #73
    Super Member Orieno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Not tried Jaipur. Rochas man was too sweet for me.

    I do get the hype though, for Baux, it's just not for me (or the lady).

    Big fan of L'Occitan by L'Occitane in the summer. Love that peppery Lavendar, very unique.

  14. #74
    Montecristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast/Hemingway's Cuba
    Posts
    382

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    I'm a huge fan of Eau du Baux, but also Vetiver and L'Occitane. For the price, you can't go wrong. I also get above average longevity and projection.
    - Ben -

    Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

    eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

    Wardrobe

    Stogie Review

  15. #75

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Never understood the near-uniform love around here for Baux. I don't dislike it, but it just seems a little pedestrian to me.
    4 Voleurs was absolutely stunning, Vetyver is great, L'Occitane is nice, Baux leaves me lukewarm, and Verdon sucks.
    Regardless, L'Occitane almost always put out fragrances that are worth more than their sticker price.
    Baux still smells like a $100 fragrance, just not one that impresses me.

  16. #76

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Baux is a projection beast for me, and it smells delicious. It is probably my favorite Cologne after DHI.

  17. #77
    Super Member Orieno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    4 Voleurs was absolutely stunning, .
    Have heard a lot of good things about that. What a shame it's been discontinued, I'd love to try it.

    It strangely fascinates me

  18. #78
    Super Member Sicktrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    109
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Still mesmerized by EdB. Every time I try it on it just works for me. Will buy it with the first ocassion.
    www.smellandtell.wordpress.com <-- my rookie perfume review blog.
    Last review: Histoires de Parfums - 1740
    Say hey!

  19. #79

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NenMaster View Post
    What i do. this is my fav vanilla fragrance.

    If you have a partner that loves flowerbomb, expect compliments every time you wear it.
    This woman wears EdB AND Flowerbomb. Just not at the same time

  20. #80
    Basenotes Junkie Timothée Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lusaka
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Best blind buy this year... I LOVE IT, its perfectly spicy it talks the talk and walks the walk that Spicebomb should have.

  21. #81

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Longevity is good, but the sillage/projection is close to the skin. Has someone tried the aftershave balm and showergel? I like this scent very much, and maby the showergel and balm will help improve the projection..

  22. #82
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lofoten
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Sillage and projection is great on me with this one. I'm surprised you find it lacking. I haven't tried the shower gel or the aftershave balm unfortuently.

  23. #83
    Oviatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,572

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Loved it--had a bottle when it first came out--used it all. Went to replace it recently and almost just bought it without trying again. I did, however, spray some on and my wife who was with me and had really loved it said that is smelled like Play-Doh and wouldn't let me buy it! Smelled the same to me, but she has to live with it, too...... From incense and knights to a child's putty toy.
    Striving still to Truth unknown
    Currently wearing: Él by Arquiste

  24. #84
    Dependent hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubai-UAE
    Posts
    4,294

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Longevity is good, but the sillage/projection is close to the skin. Has someone tried the aftershave balm and showergel? I like this scent very much, and maby the showergel and balm will help improve the projection..
    No doubt it is very good juice. Sillage and projection is above average on my skin.
    Showergel is on my buy-list and will get a one soon

  25. #85

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    Sillage and projection is great on me with this one. I'm surprised you find it lacking. I haven't tried the shower gel or the aftershave balm unfortuently.
    I think my bottle is quite new. Do you know if it has been any reformulation lately?

  26. #86
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lofoten
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I think my bottle is quite new. Do you know if it has been any reformulation lately?
    I don't know, but several new reviews on Fragrantica complain about projection and longevity, so who knows. My two bottles are from 2014. Bought one extra when the false rumour about discontinuation was floating around.

    Edit: My bottle has production date 2013-04-16

    Edit 2: Apparently some people on Fragrantica contacted L'Occitane because the longevity and projection was so bad on new bottles. L'Occitane responded that they had absolutely not reformulated Eau des Baux, but there might have been problems with some of the batches. So far this is all hearsay, but something is probably going on with Eau des Baux.
    Last edited by Twilight99; 16th May 2016 at 11:35 AM.

  27. #87

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    I don't know, but several new reviews on Fragrantica complain about projection and longevity, so who knows. My two bottles are from 2014. Bought one extra when the false rumour about discontinuation was floating around.

    Edit: My bottle has production date 2013-04-16

    Edit 2: Apparently some people on Fragrantica contacted L'Occitane because the longevity and projection was so bad on new bottles. L'Occitane responded that they had absolutely not reformulated Eau des Baux, but there might have been problems with some of the batches. So far this is all hearsay, but something is probably going on with Eau des Baux.
    Ok, thanks. My bottle are made: 2015 - 02 - 05

  28. #88

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    There has also been a change on the spray mechanism.

    Old bottle (pic from youtube )


    New bottle:

  29. #89

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    I have an older bottle and hope they didn't change it.

    One of my all time favorites

  30. #90

    Default Re: L'Occitane Eau de Baux!!

    I have one with the old metal cap and the newer ones with the plastic caps. I hope they have not changed the formula, too.
    "...her fragrance all in my keeping; softly she comes in the night." Lyrics, Gordon Lightfoot, "Softly."

Similar Threads

  1. Eau de Baux by L'Occitane
    By WindyCity1014 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21st July 2010, 05:32 AM
  2. l'Occitane Eau De Baux
    By ItalianStallion in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 7th May 2010, 03:18 PM
  3. Any Fans of L'Occitane Eau des Baux?
    By mtgprox05 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 15th August 2009, 04:00 PM
  4. L'Occitane Eau des Baux
    By BrothaG in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th November 2006, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000