Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation It Is Nice To Be The Center Of Attention.

I thought I would relate a true story of how fragrance has affected not only my life, but those who are my friends and acquaintances. I have classes at college four days a week and it has become expected now that when I arrive at the student union that I wear a different fragrance each day. Each day is like an episode of "Cheers" when Normie shows up at the bar. I arrive and the whole table of friends and acquaintances have to smell my fragrance. They know I an heavily into fragrance and have found a venue for discussing the topic each day based on the fragrance I am wearing. I really enjoy the experience of people looking forward to each mornings fragrance experience and discussion, and it is an ego boost as well. It takes a little getting used to having multiple people sniffing you, but pleasant it is.

Default Re: It Is Nice To Be The Center Of Attention.

hahah that's a pretty cool thing man, must help with the ladies too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I thought I would relate a true story of how fragrance has affected not only my life, but those who are my friends and acquaintances. I have classes at college four days a week and it has become expected now that when I arrive at the student union that I wear a different fragrance each day. Each day is like an episode of "Cheers" when Normie shows up at the bar. I arrive and the whole table of friends and acquaintances have to smell my fragrance. They know I an heavily into fragrance and have found a venue for discussing the topic each day based on the fragrance I am wearing. I really enjoy the experience of people looking forward to each mornings fragrance experience and discussion, and it is an ego boost as well. It takes a little getting used to having multiple people sniffing you, but pleasant it is.
    Nikola, that's awesome to hear - it's a lot of fun when friends show interest in this hobby; I know that whenever I hang out with friends they'll ask me what I'm wearing and sometimes I'll get "OOH! I remember that one!" or something along those lines.

Keep rockin' that Mitsouko!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

The power of smell.

Very cool. My experience has been that you'll eventually run into other fragrance fans, and then you can happily go off on fragrance tangents together. Just my experience, though. Might be because all my best friends are artists - a very fragrance-friendly crowd.

I think there are more fragrances fans out there than any of us realize. It just takes a little putting it out there first if you want to find them.

Blog Entries

Good for you, N_Tesla!

I experienced something like the reverse of this, last weekend. I went to the mall, without wearing any fragrance, so that I could test as much as possible. I was amazed at all the scent I was experiencing. All the men and women wearing fragrance.... all the stores pumping out fragrance.... even the foods and restaurants and snack shops. It seemed like a LOT of people were wearing fragrances, and they weren't that shy of fragrances, either. It reminded me of what Hedonist was saying about the way that everybody is a perfumista in his part of the world - it seemed like there might be hope for fragrance here in my neck of the woods!

Where everybody knows your.....scent...and they're always glad you...sprayed....
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Awesome, I have a few people who will ask during the week what I have on. Its nice.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Thats really nice Nikola.

You've managed to turn something that usually ends in you explaining that its not a waste of time and that people have different passions into something that people choose to discuss and appreciate.

Now the main question is, have you thought about spraying strategic locations on your body

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

That is very good to hear ,D !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by jridgen View Post
    where everybody knows your.....scent...and they're always glad you...sprayed....
    lol!

Nice one. It's great when other people appreciate something you love. We might get a few more basenoters out of it!!!
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

How lovely to have found a group who are interested & happy to discuss fragrance in the "real" world, lucky you!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

My congratulations, maybe - even if it sounds like wishful thinking - you might have even found some new, prospective Basenoters or even meet up on such occasions existing Basenoters

I have a group of people like that at my work. It helps me because i tend not to initiate conversations with other people.