Code of Conduct

Default My virgin Island Water review/experience

So I got my sample last week and wore it one day. I love this cologne. At first I didnt think it lasted that long on me. Maybe 3 or 4 hours. But during work I would catch a few wiffs of it here and there and just kept thinking to myself what an amazing smell. The lime note in the beginning as just wonderful and on the drydown its just I dont know an eddible paradise. haha Well I wanted to save the rest of the sample for a special occasion. Tonight was that night. I put some all over my neck. My arms, wrists, chest, and stomac. Ill just skip to the good part where me and my lady friend were playing birds and the bees and I would constantly catch her smelling me. She would keep pushing me closer to here to pretend to kiss my neck and just smell me. even when we were just laying there she would position her head near my neck to smell me. She wouldnt say anything but I knew. Anyways I cant see myself spending 200 bucks on this when it comes out so I will be getting the 1 oz version when it comes out. This isnt a cologne I can see myseld wearing everyday but def. on the weekends or special occasions.
    ps. I just got my Himilaya sample and I am loving this one too. Well see what happen with this soon.

Default Re: My virgin Island Water review/experience

I really like this one as well...
    Very suprised by the longevity of this one on me too.
    Himalaya is also very good...enjoy them.

I still wanna sample this real bad! Good post doctornads!

So is this available anywhere in the US yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    So is this available anywhere in the US yet?
    In my opinion this is definitely superior to Himalaya.

Borky, you can find this at Neiman-marcus and Barneys (online and in-store). Many Ebay sellers are also offering decants so that you dont have to shell out $200 for it.
    -

Virgin Island Water is nice. Lime then some rose petals or something. The hint of coconut is the best part because you accidentally get whiffs of it all day. Then when you smell your wrist its you cant smell it!

Basenotes Institution

I was actually going to post a similar thread yesterday, when Virgin Island Water was my SOTD yesterday...

I got a decant, so I gave it a good 10-12 sprays and here are my thoughts:

1. Amazing coconut note - so subtle and complex, almost like the fruit of the coconut not necessarily too sweet
    2. One of the nicest lime notes I've ever smelled
    3. Longevity - it was prominent on me until 10pm at night and I applied it at 9:00am
    4. At about 4 hours into the drydown, it gave off the most realistic salty ocean smell I've ever smelled - similiar to Eau des Merveilles [minus the citrus] but a little different too: EdM smells like salty skin after you've been in the ocean - VIW smells like the ACTUAL BEACH itself, you know that smell that you get when you are driving to the beach and you roll the windows down in your car and the smell of the sand, ocean water fill your car with the wind - THAT SMELL. Unbelievably comforting and relaxing smell

This is coming from a BN member who really does not like many Creed fragrances (I only own and really like Silver Mountain Water; I own GIT but I don't really like it).

This is THE SMELL of Summer 2007. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    In my opinion this is definitely superior to Himalaya.

Borky, you can find this at Neiman-marcus and Barneys (online and in-store). Many Ebay sellers are also offering decants so that you dont have to shell out $200 for it.
    Where on Barneys website did you see it. I can only find their own colognes.

Quote Originally Posted by doctornads View Post
    Where on Barneys website did you see it. I can only find their own colognes.
    Sorry, Bergdorf-Goodman, not Barneys.
    -

They had a tester at my local Neiman-Marcus. I didn't give it a proper
    wearing. Maybe next time. I'm glad to see Creed continuing to put out
    new scents.

I can't wait for spring and summer! This is going to be my signature church and "night out" scent. My friends just loved it last year!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Check out fragrancenet. You can get it for around $150.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out fragrancenet. You can get it for around $150. Just checked Fragrancenet. With the 15% discount, it cost $136.

A true Creed classic IMO.