Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dior Homme Intense reformulated review.

My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Dior Homme Sport 2012, Mauboussin M Generation, Zino Davidoff, Pal Zileri Viaggio D'Africa, and Rive Gauche.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense reformulated review.

How does this guy even know that bottle is not simply NIB old stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Shit. I'm seriously worried after that review. The cocoa is what I really loved about the original DHI, as well as its strength and longevity.

I'm absolutely going to buy up some bottles of the original this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I've just asked him that, so let's see if he responds!

Post Thanks / Like

Because he got it at the NY boutique and he knows what he's smelling.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Dior Homme Sport 2012, Mauboussin M Generation, Zino Davidoff, Pal Zileri Viaggio D'Africa, and Rive Gauche.

Thanks for uploading this.

I'm glad I have the sexy smooth original, I would not waste my cash on the stripped down diet version.lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to smell it for myself regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Because he got it at the NY boutique
    That does not rule out it being NIB old stock.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Because he knows what he's smelling.
    I have to respectfully disagree as I have watched his videos. I am not saying that his assessment is not valid - but I'll wait to sniff it myself before I jump off that bandwagon, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I'll have to smell it for myself regardless.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by neal; 1st October 2011 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oy vey.

I see a lot of trust issues arising between buyers and sellers regarding the original version. The problem is that the most recent box for the original DHI formula is identical to the box for the new DHI. And of course the bottles are the same.

So now the only bottles you can truly trust (if you are unable to smell them) as the original are the ones with silver collars or the ones with the old box with multiple rectangles on the front.

You would think Dior could have done something to alleviate the confusion that is bound to ensue, even the slightest change in font or a note on the back. I kind of wonder why they did not--is there an advantage from a business standpoint in leaving everything the same?

This should be interesting...

Post Thanks / Like

I had the opportunity to smell the new Dior Homme (both intense and the edt) and I have to say that while the reformulations are very obviously high quality fragrances, they feel like photocopies of the originals. The EDT, in particular, smells less curvaceous, sleeker than the older version. I think they will now appeal to many who thought the iris was too overpowering in the older versions.

I ordered one from the boutique yesterday, it may of came today..not sure because I'm still at work. As soon as I get it I will post. The guy at the boutique did tell me it was the same as the vintage according to the new tester they received.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to check the batch code/ date of the juice inside from the box itself? Information could be useful when buying, especially with the cosmetic calculator (http://checkcosmetic.net/)

Post Thanks / Like

My heart just sunk a little... I only have one bottle of the original

Post Thanks / Like

I trust that this is the new bottle. The Dior boutique in NYC, and other Dior boutiques had sold out of the old stock at least a couple of months ago, and this is where Al got it from just in te past couple of days. It would have to be some huge coincidence that they sold out and just happened to find new stock in the back at the same time as the reported release of the reformulation, and that old stock also happened to have similar notes as those reported to be in the new formulation.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

Post Thanks / Like

I just read a recent review on Fragrantica and the reviewer says that this reformulation has already been available for a few months in Europe. His main gripe is that it isn't as powerful or long-lasting as the original DHI. I'm beginning to wonder if that's the one I've spraying on myself for the past few weeks in my local store. They have a tester, but currently no stock. The tester I've been using doesn't seem anywhere near as strong or long-lasting as the DHI I remember, which was a serious powerhouse. On clothing, it used to last for days and days. When I spray the "new" tester on my clothes, it's barely there a day or so later. Hmmm...

This scares me because I bought a bottled a few days ago. It should be arriving soon but i think with the increase in the demand, i believe that the old formulation was long gone before I placed my order in.

I guess that means i'll be getting the new juice :-(

Quote Originally Posted by eov8b View Post
    Is it possible to check the batch code/ date of the juice inside from the box itself? Information could be useful when buying, especially with the cosmetic calculator (http://checkcosmetic.net/)
    My bottle that I ordered in August this year has batch code 1R02. According to site that you posted it was manufactured in April 2011
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

I just dont get it why reviewer had sealed box of "preformulated" version and not opened one. They may actually smell same if he opens it and spray it on second wrist.
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

Post Thanks / Like

Al has multiple bottles of the original DHI.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

I trust his reviews . Still need to test it myself though.

Like he said, to the average "blind-folded" nose, both versions can easily smell the same .

Really bummed by the longevity shortage on the new one ( according to his review). It just shows how Dior is using cheaper ingredients to get by .

If this review is accurate on other skins , Dior will be losing tons of fans to------->L'instant extreme.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Anything reformulated is always watered down and ready for the crap shoot lol.

Ok folks I received the new Dior Homme intense from NYC this is definitely lighter than the vintage formula not not by much! I do not get any pear accord in the mid notes though but definitely cocoa and vanilla! But again lighter than vintage DHI. The iris does stick around longer than the vintage as well. Is this is masterpiece? IMO yes because it's not a totally different fragrance at all. I would say it's about 85-90% the same as the original. I wouldnt tell anyone on here to blind buy this but definitely test it out. I think you will still like it.... The original is a Mercedes the reformulation is a BMW..
    Last edited by checker; 1st October 2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    My bottle that I ordered in August this year has batch code 1R02. According to site that you posted it was manufactured in April 2011
    I have one bottle purchased this summer code 1R01 and doesn't smell like the other old one I have.
    There's no vanilla in the new one, just a sweet drydown, pointless.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Post Thanks / Like

i messaged 'al - FRAGRANCEFANATIC1' about his new bottle code earlier today. he said it was 1H02 - august 2011 according to that site. i have doubts about my bottle which is code 1U01 - july 2011.

Deleted
    Last edited by Jridgen; 9th December 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Post Thanks / Like

Who is that guy in the video ?! What does he have to do with Basenotes ?! What happened to getting credible reviews from credible Basenoters ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

he is a massive frag head so i feel its a valuable point of view.

a question in his video comments is relevant to the topic:

Q: Can I just ask how you know for sure that this is actually the new, reformulated version? If everything is identical from a visual standpoint, how do you know that it isn't just the previous version? I'm just intrigued to know if the Dior people confirmed it to you or something? Thanks!

A: Yes I bought my previous bottles from the Dior Homme Boutique, When they sold out for 2 months it was released that DHI was getting Reformulated I called The Dior Boutique a few times had conversations with them and they confirmed it when they get there stock back in it will be reformulated. It was out of stock for 2 months they were waiting to release this.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Who is that guy in the video ?! What does he have to do with Basenotes ?! What happened to getting credible reviews from credible Basenoters ?
    I wrote a review above the new formula still smells awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    I have one bottle purchased this summer code 1R01 and doesn't smell like the other old one I have.
    There's no vanilla in the new one, just a sweet drydown, pointless.
    This might be a case of your mind playing tricks on you. As far as anyone knows, your bottle should be the original formulation. I also have a 1R01, and my brother has both a bottle from later (July 2011) and a silver bottle - he says they are identical. Both of our black collared bottles were purchased before Sept. 13 2011. We do not get any pear or fruity accords at all from them, and longevity is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Checker, can you check the serial number stamped on the bottom of your new bottle and post it here? If you put it into this site: http://checkcosmetic.net/, what is the date of manufacture?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, double post

Post Thanks / Like

I've stocked up on the old juice. If the reformulation is good and sufficiently different it might be worth getting also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cte View Post
    he is a massive frag head so i feel its a valuable point of view.

a question in his video comments is relevant to the topic:

Q: Can I just ask how you know for sure that this is actually the new, reformulated version? If everything is identical from a visual standpoint, how do you know that it isn't just the previous version? I'm just intrigued to know if the Dior people confirmed it to you or something? Thanks!

A: Yes I bought my previous bottles from the Dior Homme Boutique, When they sold out for 2 months it was released that DHI was getting Reformulated I called The Dior Boutique a few times had conversations with them and they confirmed it when they get there stock back in it will be reformulated. It was out of stock for 2 months they were waiting to release this.
    Hehe, that's actually ME who asked that question!

Post Thanks / Like

In Dublin today, I bought what is supposedly new stock of Dior Homme Intense in a well known store. If it is the reformulation, then it's quite similar to the original DHI, but noticeably weaker and doesn't have as much cocoa or vanilla. It's a bit more like a softer, warmer, sweeter version of Dior Homme. It's very nice, but not the powerhouse that the original DHI was. Much closer to DH than it was before.

And no, I can't guarantee that this is the reforumlated version. The SA said that the stock came in last week, but she couldn't confirm that it was reformulated or not. All I know is that the one I bought today seems slightly different to the one I've been a fan of since it debuted.
    Last edited by Riverwide; 2nd October 2011 at 01:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to the regular Dior Homme non-intense reformulation?

Post Thanks / Like

Riverwide, what is the product code on your bottle? Maybe we can see some similarities in codes/dates with people who think they have new juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Riverwide, what is the product code on your bottle? Maybe we can see some similarities in codes/dates with people who think they have new juice.
    It's 1T01, which according to checkcosmetic.net means it was manufactured in June 2011. Hmm...
    Last edited by Riverwide; 2nd October 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

hm, yea.. well they are all recent dates i suppose. i wish dior would just clarify this reformulation issue for everyone.

Everytime I see a thread about DH or DHI I get wound up. They are my 2 favourite scents, I've got the originals of both. I always say If I could only have 2 scents they would be the ones. Now this.... The new DH I dislike. It has a sour/fruity thing going on where before it was dry and powdery. NOT a fan. As for DHI, i'm waiting to try the new version. I refuse to get caught up in buying vintage bottles on ebay etc as that becomes costly so I guess I'm just going to have to accept defeat.

Post Thanks / Like

hm, yea.. well they are all recent dates i suppose. i wish dior would just clarify this reformulation issue for everyone.
    The problem is that Dior(and some other houses) clearly don't care. They figure that the vast majority of customers aren't hardcore fragrance fans like us, so they feel no need to talk about this stuff publicly. If you are a genuine fragrance lover, then their attitude seems to be "tough".

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that Dior goes through more drastic reformulations than other houses. To be honest I've never really been a fan, perhaps because I've never had a chance

Post Thanks / Like

Just re-read the thread and saw it. Thanks Checker, that helps. Interesting about the supposed "pear" note.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I must say though the longevity is shorter than vintage DHI, 7-9 hours with the reforumlation, 11-14 hours with the vintage...

Post Thanks / Like

I must say though the longevity is shorter than vintage DHI, 7-9 hours with the reforumlation, 11-14 hours with the vintage...
    If the one I have is the reforumulation, then it's a much quieter scent too. Much more of a skin-scent than the original. I used to love smelling it on myself all day. With this one, after an hour or so I have to hold my hand up to my nose to smell it.

I'm not a big fan of skin scents and I'm increasingly disappointed with this new bottle of DHI. It's at least 50% weaker than the original.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    If the one I have is the reforumulation, then it's a much quieter scent too. Much more of a skin-scent than the original. I used to love smelling it on myself all day. With this one, after an hour or so I have to hold my hand up to my nose to smell it.

I'm not a big fan of skin scents and I'm increasingly disappointed with this new bottle of DHI. It's at least 50% weaker than the original.
    I'm not so sure you have a reformulated bottle. I bought a bottle from the Dior boutique in Vegas in August, and I have the same serial number on the bottom of the bottle as yours: 1T01. It's still wrapped in cellophane so I haven't smelled it, but here in the US it was purchased well ahead of the reformulation.

Post Thanks / Like

after about 2 hours i can not smell mine unless i have my nose right up against my skin. its very weak from there on. i get about 9 hours total longevity. i was very disappointed, and still am, with DHI.

the reformulation could have been put into production before september, as we have no official info on it from dior. the most relevant info we have is thoughts from people such as Riverwide and checker who have had the original and are now smelling a significant difference. soon more people will comment (who have smelled both) and we will get a clearer picture of new formula serials and dates.

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't bought a bottle of DHI in over a year, so it's possible that it had already been "tweaked" before the big reformulation that we all know about. If so, it's definitely a shadow of its former glory.
    Last edited by Riverwide; 3rd October 2011 at 02:11 PM.

I just picked up DHI, July 11, production date. Still a good fragrance, but not the same as it was - I can definitely acknowledge that. Sad sad situation, I was really looking forward to something else - Something exceptional.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

nobody believed me when i told everyone the black collar bottle smelled different. you all said "its the same" blah blah blah....nope, its not the same. there is much more iris all the way throughout especially in the initial blast and the drydown smells like dior homme EDT. and i think the fact that the cocoa/vanilla is toned down is the reason the iris shines through stronger

what you people fail to realise is that Dior had this reformulation out to the stores much, much earlier than the official release date. When the stores run out of stock, they just re-stock and with all the panic leading up to september the "vintage" bottles sold out much more quickly than usual and they restock with the reformulation.

You think when they release new movies at the theatre on Friday they overnight deliver the film thursday night hours before the first screening? no, the film is there weeks before.....use your heads....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I just picked up DHI, July 11, production date. Still a good fragrance, but not the same as it was - I can definitely acknowledge that. Sad sad situation, I was really looking forward to something else - Something exceptional.
    Yes, it really is genuinely sad. This is the first time something like this has happened to me, that a fragrance I loved has been greatly diminished like this. Very, very disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john916 View Post
    the drydown smells like dior homme EDT.
    Definitely. It's just like a slightly beefed up version of the EDT. Not a huge difference between them anymore. Very sad.

Post Thanks / Like

tested side by side i get slightly better projection/strength with the EDT. really sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

tested side by side i get slightly better projection/strength with the EDT. really sucks.
    I actually agree. The new DHI doesn't project at all. It's sits very close to the skin. I know that EDPs in general don't project as much as EDTs supposedly, but the old DHI used to very good projection, strength and longevity. This new one is very, very quiet.

Definitely. It's just like a slightly beefed up version of the EDT. Not a huge difference between them anymore. Very sad.
    *Duplicate*
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 3rd October 2011 at 03:02 PM.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

This is exactly right, it strikes me as a dead similar fragrance to Dior Homme (old DH)

To add insult to injury, the person I asked to buy a bottle from bought the larger 100mL bottle instead of the 50mL bottle like I asked. (From Duty free).

I have a bit of a hard time wearing this fragrance knowing it supposed to be better.

Post Thanks / Like

To add insult to injury, the person I asked to buy a bottle from bought the larger 100mL bottle instead of the 50mL bottle like I asked. (From Duty free).
    ^that sucks man

I have a bit of a hard time wearing this fragrance knowing it supposed to be better.
    +100... i feel exactly the same.

i am kinda upset over this because i got a mail from dior last month saying they knew nothing of the reformulation, so i was confident when i ordered my bottle. when it arrived i tested it and i mailed them again to say i was unhappy with the juice, and asked if it could be the new formula. they offered to test the bottle and replace it if it was off. i don't want it replacing with another bottle of new juice though lol, i want a refund. at the bottom of the email, they gave a uk dior contact number: 0207 216 0216. i might phone them if i get steamed further lol...

Post Thanks / Like

This is my big problem too. The fragrance as it stands now isn't awful per se, but it isn't a patch on how it used to be either. I actually think it's sort of dead to me now. I'd prefer not to wear it at all, rather than wear a watered-down version of it. I'd rather spend the money on something else that's sort of along the lines of what I loved about it. Oddly enough, Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille gives me a similar feeling, albeit at a far higher price. Even YSL's La Nuit de l'Homme is a somewhat decent substitute, although not in the same league as the original DHI.

Either way, I don't think I can continue wearing the new DHI, as it just bothers me now. I'll be putting this bottle up on eBay I think.

This is my big problem too. The fragrance as it stands now isn't awful per se, but it isn't a patch on how it used to be either. I actually think it's sort of dead to me now. I'd prefer not to wear it at all, rather than wear a watered-down version of it. I'd rather spend the money on something else that's sort of along the lines of what I loved about it. Oddly enough, Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille gives me a similar feeling, albeit at a far higher price. Even YSL's La Nuit de l'Homme is a somewhat decent substitute, although not in the same league as the original DHI.

Either way, I don't think I can continue wearing the new DHI, as it just bothers me now. I'll be putting this bottle up on eBay I think.
    I'm with you, there are lots of great fragrances out there, there is no need to settle. Hopefully I can get what I paid for it on E-bay ($85 CDN).

I'm going to wear this for a few days and base it on that.

I get a huge amount of Iris on this fragrance for the first two hours, I find it a bit sickly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you, there are lots of great fragrances out there, there is no need to settle. Hopefully I can get what I paid for it on E-bay ($85 CDN).

I'm going to wear this for a few days and base it on that.

I get a huge amount of Iris on this fragrance for the first two hours, I find it a bit sickly.
    Yes, what I loved about DHI was that it wasn't as iris-y as DH. This one is much closer to DH in that regard, and I'm not here for that really.

I don't think you'll have a problem selling it on eBay. I've never had a problem selling Dior stuff for pretty much what I paid for them!

Post Thanks / Like

yea, i will have mine on ebay next month. i have 10 frags for sale at the moment (they have me capped at selling 10 frags max a month). hopefully all ours won't clash lol

tobacco vanille is out of my price range, but its one of the few i really want to try and maybe own one day. i have a bottle of pure havane on its way to me right now. although its not like TV, i have a sample of PH and i get 24 hours longevity from it easy, which is simply amazing for me. even beats angle men on my skin. hopefully the big bottle packs the same punch.

RIP DHI