Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Red face I love ny for all by bond no. 9

New and contemporary from the house of bond no 9 in NYC...

I have just received the sample from Harrods London and have worn it all day long...

Gorgeous and unique juice based around strong coffee, cocoa, leather, pepper, patchouli and vanilla notes...I can detect a very sensual gasolin/petrol note which is certainly very much of an 80`s accord...think garage/motorbikes/hot steamy attraction...I truly love this in a modern scent...there is a masculine/androgynous/vampish flair in this Bond...is this why the scent is in a Black bottle?...I wonder...

Excellent longevity and sillage...

Big thumbs up...!!!

Default Re: I love ny for all by bond no. 9

the gasolin/petrol note worries me but I'm still DYING to try this.
    hope bond comes back to canada

The longevity is fantastic.....I also like this.....For Him (Blue Bottle) is also nice..... These smell very nice and are easy to wear..... I'm sure that many will like these and give them a try!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    The longevity is fantastic.....I also like this.....For Him (Blue Bottle) is also nice..... These smell very nice and are easy to wear..... I'm sure that many will like these and give them a try!!!
    Gary
    Yeah - I sniffed all three in a magazine, and they all smelled great. For All - just like everybody says, a great gourmand (like they got wise to the popularity of New Haarlem and decided to improve it). For Him seemed offbeat and interesting. A bit mainstream, but still gourmand and very distinctive. And For Her - floral gourmand - very nice, and maybe the nicest of the three, which I didn't expect. I'll be getting one of these for sure - there's no way around it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    the gasolin/petrol note worries me but I'm still DYING to try this.
    hope bond comes back to canada
    Give it a try; I think you will like it...I have certainly fallen in love with it...

sounding good.....still waiting for my samples though...........

Blog Entries

Gary
    I shall be trying for Him today...when I tried it quickly on Friday night my first impression was... This is Cooper Square`s Brother...full of juniper berries...

Blog Entries

Red face Re: I love ny for all by bond no. 9

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    sounding good.....still waiting for my samples though...........
    I received my 3 samples on Friday from Harrods London and am having a great "I Love New York" Bond weekend...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yeah - I sniffed all three in a magazine, and they all smelled great. For All - just like everybody says, a great gourmand (like they got wise to the popularity of New Haarlem and decided to improve it). For Him seemed offbeat and interesting. A bit mainstream, but still gourmand and very distinctive. And For Her - floral gourmand - very nice, and maybe the nicest of the three, which I didn't expect. I'll be getting one of these for sure - there's no way around it.

I also tried For Her yesterday evening while dining out...and Yes, For Her is a sweet and fruity gourmand full of blueberries, muffins and vanilla...very full bodied and long lasting...

Quote Originally Posted by francop View Post
    i received my 3 samples on friday from harrods london and am having a great "i love new york" bond weekend...
    d'oh!!!.............

Quote Originally Posted by Francop View Post
    I received my 3 samples on Friday from Harrods London and am having a great "I Love New York" Bond weekend...
    yay...........my turn now!!

Blog Entries

Enjoy...

For him is lovely. I've worn it all week and really starting to like it more and more. For all is IMHO is the step-child of New Harleem. Same family but different genes. I really like that one. For her, my GF didn't like it because she said it was too "cakey" and seemed like a scent for the younger generation. Mind you, my GF is 34. I really liked for her. It smelt like a bakery and when she wore it I just wanted to eat her up.

Added to that, the I LOVE NY Collection is tremendously cheaper than the other Bonds. Small bottle is $105.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arthierry View Post
    For him is lovely. I've worn it all week and really starting to like it more and more. For all is IMHO is the step-child of New Harleem. Same family but different genes. I really like that one. For her, my GF didn't like it because she said it was too "cakey" and seemed like a scent for the younger generation. Mind you, my GF is 34. I really liked for her. It smelt like a bakery and when she wore it I just wanted to eat her up.

Added to that, the I LOVE NY Collection is tremendously cheaper than the other Bonds. Small bottle is $105.
    I must give For him a very more tries...I Think...

Sur la Plage

The For All is a very good scent. I was not impressed with For Her (berry Suave shampoo) or For Him (Bleu de Chanel).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The For All is a very good scent. I was not impressed with For Her (berry Suave shampoo) or For Him (Bleu de Chanel).
    I feel the same petro...For all is the one worth getting; the other 2 have several clones already in the market...

For Him really grew on me. I was so taken by For All that I didn't pay much attention to For Him. Then a few days later, it clicked. I think it's a great introductory Bond No 9 for men. A perfect start to a new, more mainstream, sub-line of scents. It seems to have captured the soul of the Bond men's offerings. A masculine Bond-ness, if you will. It's achieved exactly what it was intended for.

More on topic -- For All. LOVE this one! I get more cocoa then anything else. Very milky and warm. Thank goodness I don't perceive the gasoline or that rubbery condom note!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    For Him really grew on me. I was so taken by For All that I didn't pay much attention to For Him. Then a few days later, it clicked. I think it's a great introductory Bond No 9 for men. A perfect start to a new, more mainstream, sub-line of scents. It seems to have captured the soul of the Bond men's offerings. A masculine Bond-ness, if you will. It's achieved exactly what it was intended for.

More on topic -- For All. LOVE this one! I get more cocoa then anything else. Very milky and warm. Thank goodness I don't perceive the gasoline or that rubbery condom note!
    Can you see any similarities between For Him and Cooper Square? Thanks

For Him grew on me the longer I had it on.....I found For All to be a wonderful fragrance right from the start!!! These are worth trying for sure!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

For Him grew on me the longer I had it on.....I found For All to be a wonderful fragrance right from the start!!! These are worth trying for sure!!!
    Gary
    Thanks Gary, I must give FOR HIM a few more wearings...

For all is a winner in my book impossible to dislike , I've got mine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    For all is a winner in my book impossible to dislike , I've got mine
    I think mine should be with me tomorrow...

Tried this today and as much as I love coffee, chocolate and black rubber - this is just so dense that I am not sure of my thoughts on it. It doesn't breathe and shift. It's a lot like the edp version of Hanae Mori in that respect. I love the edt Hanea Mori but the edp is just to dense and doesn't bloom.

Been wearing this for about 3 hours now and it just hit me what this is so close to on drydown ... Givenchy Play Intense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Tried this today and as much as I love coffee, chocolate and black rubber - this is just so dense that I am not sure of my thoughts on it. It doesn't breathe and shift. It's a lot like the edp version of Hanae Mori in that respect. I love the edt Hanea Mori but the edp is just to dense and doesn't bloom.
    Hi Neal,

I would give it a few more wearings...you will see how incredibly masculine and powerful this juice is...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Been wearing this for about 3 hours now and it just hit me what this is so close to on drydown ... Givenchy Play Intense.
    I must try your Givenchy suggestion...also sounds good and accesible...

Hi Neal,

I would give it a few more wearings...you will see how incredibly masculine and powerful this juice is...
    Oh, it's masculine and powerful, I do like it. It's just that it is so heavy and dense. The notes don't move much. There's no intermingling of the notes. It's such a wall.

Blog Entries

Yes, I agree that it is like the Berlin Wall...fixed notes for those days you are in such mood...

Tried this at Nordstrom today. I'm surprised to read so many picked up on a gasoline note, I can't really detect that at all. It smells 100% gourmand to me. Though I like it very much, it pains me to say I almost get a little fragrance-head-achy from wiffing it. It's all coffee and cocoa and vanilla to me and it's FANTASTIC, but just a little too dense, makes my head swim.

I'd LOVE this as a candle.

Blog Entries

I wore it again yesterday and must admit it felt really good for this time of the year...and did last the whole day...

To me, ILNY For All is absolutely delicious!! I was a bit confused by the "gasoline" note that some claim to smell, but I didn't get that at all. I bought a small sample from someone on eBay...and I loved it so much I immediately bought a full bottle from the Bond website!

My particular skin chemistry is VERY sweet - just about anything I wear quickly turns into Mrs. Butterworth's on my skin...LoL. So, this scent was right up my alley. The opening is a delightful burst of rich, bold Starbucks Hazelnut coffee. Creamy. Nutty. Full bodied. Sprinkled with a few dashes of nutmeg, cinnamon and powdered sugar. The middle layer sets in about 30 minutes later, which - on my skin - smelled of sweet cinnamon french toast, drizzled with warm maple syrup. The base gets back to coffee and it sits very nicely on my skin. Reminds me greatly of New Haarlem, but with bolder emphasis on the coffee/cocoa/hazelnut factor. Where New Haarlem gives you a lighter, more fun and "sociable" type of smell, ILNY For All is a deeper, darker, richer and more intimate experience. For contrast - NH is a delicious morning breakfast at IHOP and ILNY For All is an evening cup of gourmet coffee at the Jazz Cafe downtown.

After 3 hours, and a bit of sweat from today's heat, longevity is impressive. Even as I sniff now, I'm amazed at how well they captured such a "buttery nuttiness" in this fragrance. Very well-rounded and well-executed gourmand. It's rich caramel cream, soft cocoa powder and steamy liquid coffee all at once. And again, this is my personal experience and my skin does take a specific liking to sweet gourmand fragrances. I actually just recently bought a sample of Montale's Chocolate Greedy and found it WAY too strong for my personal taste, but this is juuuuuuuust right I can certainly understand why some consider it a bit dense, but I don't think so. It works best right after a warm shower, and is DEFINITELY a winter-type scent.

I want a bottle, but those buggers at Bond wont ship to Canada without charging crazy money. Someone help a friendly Canadian out?!?!

Basenotes Member

I heard a rumor that the Bay is going to be carrying the line.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermorph View Post
    I heard a rumor that the Bay is going to be carrying the line.
    Really? Cool, I'll look into that, thanks.

Blog Entries

I am glad to see that you Guys are enjoying it too...

I tried this today and put on one healthy spray on my chest and one on each wrist. First impression was that there was something like worm milk in this on the verge of spoiling. Not spoiled but something milky in it, very weird. But weird in a good way. It took me a while to get a handle on what I was smelling here, coffee, cacao some spice, hazelnuts. Jeez, there is somehthing else here too that I can't figure out. A very different gourmond for me that I think I have to have. The drydown is wonderful woody/vanilla. Need to wear this unique parfum again...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I tried this today and put on one healthy spray on my chest and one on each wrist. First impression was that there was something like worm milk in this on the verge of spoiling. Not spoiled but something milky in it, very weird. But weird in a good way. It took me a while to get a handle on what I was smelling here, coffee, cacao some spice, hazelnuts. Jeez, there is somehthing else here too that I can't figure out. A very different gourmond for me that I think I have to have. The drydown is wonderful woody/vanilla. Need to wear this unique parfum again...
    Yes, this scent will take you a few wearings to fully appreciate it...

Yes, I think I will be ordering this tomorrow to take advantage of the free refill event. As a side note, I sniffed "for him" and dismissed it and "for her" was not at all for me. LOL. This one is so different. I am not that fond of many Bond scents to be honest, but at least they are different from most houses. But the ones I love I really love. I have a strange feeling this unique scent will be one I really love after wearing it for a while. I sprayed this 12 hours ago and can still smell it which it what I expect in a scent.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Blog Entries

Yes, I think I will be ordering this tomorrow to take advantage of the free refill event. As a side note, I sniffed "for him" and dismissed it and "for her" was not at all for me. LOL. This one is so different. I am not that fond of many Bond scents to be honest, but at least they are different from most houses. But the ones I love I really love. I have a strange feeling this unique scent will be one I really love after wearing it for a while. I sprayed this 12 hours ago and can still smell it which it what I expect in a scent.
    I am sure you will love it... and will last you a lifetime...

Sur la Plage

It definitely has a "sweet milk" aspect to it, which I like.

I've not smelled it yet, but I'm curious if anyone else besides the one poster above found this to be quite similar to Givenchy Play Intense?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I've not smelled it yet, but I'm curious if anyone else besides the one poster above found this to be quite similar to Givenchy Play Intense?
    I have tried both; Givenchy Play Intense is a shed compared to the Empire State Building...

Why do you say that Francop?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Blog Entries

Because the ingredients and quality of the Bond no 9 juice speak for themselves...

Because the ingredients and quality of the Bond no 9 juice speak for themselves...
    I hope you're right. I'll have to grab a sample of this when I get a sample of NY Amber.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I don't think the I love NY series is part of the free refill event.

From Bond's e-mail. "There's just one small catch:You must purchase any two Bond No. 9 items. (excluding pocket spray & soaps)."

From Bond answering a question on their Facebook page. "Bond No. 9 Parfum Each Saks may differ based on what stock they have on hand, The I LOVE NY fragrances do qualify for refill on www.bondno9.com . Purchase 2 products from the I LOVE NY line and enter your top 3 choices for refill in the comment box during checkout with promo code REFILL."
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

That's great. The Saks in Chicago said they weren't including the I Love NY series in the refill event - glad the website is.

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    That's great. The Saks in Chicago said they weren't including the I Love NY series in the refill event - glad the website is.
    Saks will not do it but Bond will. I called and placed my order and yes, am getting a free bottle.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Great, What did you end up getting?

Saks will not do it but Bond will. I called and placed my order and yes, am getting a free bottle.

Blog Entries

Congratulations...if you look, you shall find...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    Great, What did you end up getting?
    I bought NY for all and believe it or not, a candle to give a a Christmas gift. And yes, candles count. I wanted Simver Factory for my freebie but they were out (damn) so I got New Haarlem. Still want Silver factory someday.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Good choices. I almost did the refill this year - did it last year - and I was going to choose Silver Factory too. I've been wearing it a lot lately.

I bought NY for all and believe it or not, a candle to give a a Christmas gift. And yes, candles count. I wanted Simver Factory for my freebie but they were out (damn) so I got New Haarlem. Still want Silver factory someday.

Blog Entries

Very good choices Guys...!!!

I am beginning to regret not getting Silver Factory. Holy moly I wore it again today and I love it. I had hoped it would be one I could have gotten as a free bottle. The day before I called and they had it but then ran out by the time I ordered it. Now I will be looking to get this one too...sigh.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Blog Entries

Don't worry, you can get it next time...you have now something to look forward...that is what life is about...:-)

For those who have tried both this and New Haarlem, which one do you prefer and why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kappaz View Post
    For those who have tried both this and New Haarlem, which one do you prefer and why?
    I like them both; possibly I Love NY for All for day time and New Haarlem for evening/night time...

Quote Originally Posted by kappaz View Post
    I prefer I Love NY for All for its more subtle coffee note. When I wear New Haarlem I feel like I've just spilled coffee all over myself.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Just picked this up today! Cant wait to give it a full wearing tomorrow.