Code of Conduct

Thread: ggf.ca?

Default ggf.ca?

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie in the fragrance world and I want to ease myself in with some well-known designer stuff. I looked around and this site has a pretty wide selection of designers. I haven't been to their place yet so I don't know how their pricing is. Does anybody has experience with this place and would you recommend it?

Are there any other discounted fragrance shops in Toronto? I checked out department stores, and while they carry great stuff, their prices aren't college student-friendly.

I'm a bit uneasy with buying online. I lurked around BN and a lot of people recommend parfum1 (and they do offer great variety and price). Are they worth the possible hassles of shipping and customs?

Thank you all so much in advance.

Have a good weekend.

Default Re: ggf.ca?

Been a long time since I've posted as I've just started getting back into fragrances, but I was wondering about this myself. They seem to have Gucci Pour Homme 1, as well as Gucci Envy in stock. I'm really curious about the pricing.

The idea seems a bit sketchy though lol, a perfume truck...but he's been in business for a while apparently and some people have recommended him.

I want to go check this out sometime to see how good his prices really are. I mainly shop online for designer now (FragranceX ftw), but when it comes to discontinued fragrances, it is much, much better to go to these smaller perfume operations because they actually have some old stock for reasonable prices whereas online you're paying ridiculous amounts out of your ass.
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 4th January 2013 at 09:58 PM.

I have a friend who swears by this guy. Apparently he's legit. He used to have a brochure with all of his pricings but doesn't give that out anymore. His prices are comparable to most discounters; however, when you use online fragrance discounters you can usually use a coupon code for additional savings. If you can find something on this truck that you can't find online I would go to one of his locations during the designated hours. i drive by his trucks all the time, and while I have never gone, he's been in business for many years so he must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by noseferatu View Post
    I have a friend who swears by this guy. Apparently he's legit. He used to have a brochure with all of his pricings but doesn't give that out anymore. His prices are comparable to most discounters; however, when you use online fragrance discounters you can usually use a coupon code for additional savings. If you can find something on this truck that you can't find online I would go to one of his locations during the designated hours. i drive by his trucks all the time, and while I have never gone, he's been in business for many years so he must be doing something right.
    Really eh? That's very interesting, I think I might check it out then. The only thing that worries me is the condition of his perfume truck. Especially in the summer, does his truck get really hot and the perfumes are in bad condition? But again, he's been in business for so long he's gotta be doing it right.

I might call in some day and see if he has Gucci Pour Homme, Envy or Escada Magnetism in stock (they're listed on his website). If they're being sold for decent prices I might just go out and buy myself a few bottles.