Code of Conduct

Default Santa Maria Novella Potpourri

I received a nice size bag of this special Potpourri from a friend :-)
    At first as soon ad opened the bag i was immediately hit with lavender,camphor and other great essences I can't put my finger on,it is wet and fresh inside the bag. It is very potent and I have put it on a shelf in my room. Every time I walk in my room it is filled with the smell of this nice Potpourri. As time goes on I've noticed it gets a very tiny bit sweeter maybe just a hint of clove,clove bud,cinnamon possibly. I feel it gets better day by day as it permeates thru the air. We'll see how good the longevity of this fine stuff is and I will be back with more info. I'm grateful I received this as a gift.

Default Re: Santa Maria Novella Potpourri

I like SMN potpourri too. Natural smelling and pleasant, though, relative to candles, as all potpourri, a little too spicy and unstructured. My cousin uses it a lot and it has very good longevity. The sales assistant suggested to warm it up when it seems to loose its smell, though I haven't tried. It works well in drawers too.

cacio

I think mr. reasonable just bought the perfume recently.

for swap/sale:

I did - have been enjoying it these last couple of days, we're still getting acquainted

Haven't had a chance to look at the Home Fragrance offerings yet as the store only opened last week but will report back here if I get a chance to really check out (i.e. BUY) the candles or pot-pourri.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I did - have been enjoying it these last couple of days, we're still getting acquainted

Haven't had a chance to look at the Home Fragrance offerings yet as the store only opened last week but will report back here if I get a chance to really check out (i.e. BUY) the candles or pot-pourri.
    I love the Potpourri Cologne but my wife says I smell like pepper and an elderly person in the drydown.... I guess she's off from being pregnant I guess throws the sniffer off.

I love the Potpourri, but unfortunately doesn't last longer than a week. I am looking forward for SMN to come up with a natural diffuser (those ones with the wooden sticks) or a room spray version.

Any tips on the candles? mr. rogalal in the house? Christmas coming and I usually give Diptyque to friends, wondering about any recs for SMN? Thx.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 8th November 2011 at 11:29 AM.

I like their melograno candle. Not too strong, slightly citrusy. I think I remember they also have a Tabacco toscano candle, though I may be wrong; if so, I like a lot their tobacco scent.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    if so, I like a lot their tobacco scent. cacio

Thanks, will check 'em both out.

Update since trying SMN's Potpourri

It is still strong i have it on the shelf in my walk in closet,it's very worth the money. i get a huge whiff everytime i walk up in my closet.

Basenotes Institution

The SMN potpourri is the real deal. The finest you can buy, IMO. Buying some for the holidays is a nice tradition.
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The SMN potpourri is the real deal. The finest you can buy, IMO. Buying some for the holidays is a nice tradition.
    One other suggestion if anyone wants to try something diferent other than potpourri is Yamadamatsu Kouboku Senshu Sandalwood also Minorien Fu-In Sandalwood. They are awesome and the best sandalwoods I've tried. And I have tried a lot. They are available at Japanincense.com they have very good customer service. Jay & Kotaro are great guys to deal with :-)
    If spicy and sweet is what you like try Yamadamatsu's Kumoi,Saiun & Shikun. And these also are really good too. Yamadamatsu's Kyara Firebird Select (Houjoukoh Gokuhin)
    Last edited by Orgoglio italianO; 7th November 2011 at 06:23 AM.

I'm using the pot-pourri too in my bed room. I have it in a jarr near my window and each time there is a sunray, it diffuses this marvelous aromatic and camphoreous smell.
    For the candle i have Tobacco toscano: it's excellent as much as the perfume, and Ginestra: i like it but sometime found it nauseating (recall me old bitter citrus soap i used in my school toilets...)

Blog Entries

@Mon-Petit, Interesting idea, to keep it in a window. I'll try that. I love this stuff. I usually refresh this with new once in a while & stir it in it's bowl.