Code of Conduct

Default Santa Maria Novella Potpourri

I received a nice size bag of this special Potpourri from a friend :-)
    At first as soon ad opened the bag i was immediately hit with lavender,camphor and other great essences I can't put my finger on,it is wet and fresh inside the bag. It is very potent and I have put it on a shelf in my room. Every time I walk in my room it is filled with the smell of this nice Potpourri. As time goes on I've noticed it gets a very tiny bit sweeter maybe just a hint of clove,clove bud,cinnamon possibly. I feel it gets better day by day as it permeates thru the air. We'll see how good the longevity of this fine stuff is and I will be back with more info. I'm grateful I received this as a gift.

Default Re: Santa Maria Novella Potpourri

I like SMN potpourri too. Natural smelling and pleasant, though, relative to candles, as all potpourri, a little too spicy and unstructured. My cousin uses it a lot and it has very good longevity. The sales assistant suggested to warm it up when it seems to loose its smell, though I haven't tried. It works well in drawers too.

cacio

I think mr. reasonable just bought the perfume recently.

for swap/sale:

I did - have been enjoying it these last couple of days, we're still getting acquainted

Haven't had a chance to look at the Home Fragrance offerings yet as the store only opened last week but will report back here if I get a chance to really check out (i.e. BUY) the candles or pot-pourri.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I did - have been enjoying it these last couple of days, we're still getting acquainted

Haven't had a chance to look at the Home Fragrance offerings yet as the store only opened last week but will report back here if I get a chance to really check out (i.e. BUY) the candles or pot-pourri.
    I love the Potpourri Cologne but my wife says I smell like pepper and an elderly person in the drydown.... I guess she's off from being pregnant I guess throws the sniffer off.

I love the Potpourri, but unfortunately doesn't last longer than a week. I am looking forward for SMN to come up with a natural diffuser (those ones with the wooden sticks) or a room spray version.

Any tips on the candles? mr. rogalal in the house? Christmas coming and I usually give Diptyque to friends, wondering about any recs for SMN? Thx.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 8th November 2011 at 11:29 AM.

I like their melograno candle. Not too strong, slightly citrusy. I think I remember they also have a Tabacco toscano candle, though I may be wrong; if so, I like a lot their tobacco scent.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    if so, I like a lot their tobacco scent. cacio

Thanks, will check 'em both out.

Update since trying SMN's Potpourri

It is still strong i have it on the shelf in my walk in closet,it's very worth the money. i get a huge whiff everytime i walk up in my closet.

Basenotes Institution

The SMN potpourri is the real deal. The finest you can buy, IMO. Buying some for the holidays is a nice tradition.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The SMN potpourri is the real deal. The finest you can buy, IMO. Buying some for the holidays is a nice tradition.
    One other suggestion if anyone wants to try something diferent other than potpourri is Yamadamatsu Kouboku Senshu Sandalwood also Minorien Fu-In Sandalwood. They are awesome and the best sandalwoods I've tried. And I have tried a lot. They are available at Japanincense.com they have very good customer service. Jay & Kotaro are great guys to deal with :-)
    If spicy and sweet is what you like try Yamadamatsu's Kumoi,Saiun & Shikun. And these also are really good too. Yamadamatsu's Kyara Firebird Select (Houjoukoh Gokuhin)
    Last edited by Orgoglio italianO; 7th November 2011 at 06:23 AM.

I'm using the pot-pourri too in my bed room. I have it in a jarr near my window and each time there is a sunray, it diffuses this marvelous aromatic and camphoreous smell.
    For the candle i have Tobacco toscano: it's excellent as much as the perfume, and Ginestra: i like it but sometime found it nauseating (recall me old bitter citrus soap i used in my school toilets...)

Blog Entries

@Mon-Petit, Interesting idea, to keep it in a window. I'll try that. I love this stuff. I usually refresh this with new once in a while & stir it in it's bowl.