Code of Conduct

Default Just received Creed Green Irish Tweed & a little concerned

Got my Creed Green Irish Tweed in the mail today and I'm not sure if it's real or not. Here's a pic:

J/k!

I received a legitimate bottle from theperfumespot. I do however have a few concerns. First, the sticker containing the lot number on the side and bottom of the box were removed. Also, there is a little bit of sticker residue from the bottom of the bottle where the lot number was apparently. There is no lot number embossed on the bottom lip of the back of the bottle either, which I thought was where it is supposed to be. The cap fits a little loose and has a little smudge on it too. The inside of the sprayer is white and it sprays like a beast amount of cologne like it should. I emailed the perfumespot about this and they said that in order to sell the bottles at a reduced price, they have to remove the stickers. My Millesime Imperial had all stickers in tact so I guess I lucked out. I'm not sure whether I should hang on to this bottle or send it in for another one.

Onto the scent itself: It did not smell anything like cool water when I smelled it! I was thoroughly convinced that it would, but it was very green and fresh. It smells like the sample vial of GIT that I have. There is a little bit of a difference just b/c of different batches. Speaking of which, I have no idea what year this cologne was made...Anyways, I then sprayed CW on my other arm and you know what...they do smell similar. Very similar in fact. CW has a very heavy synthetic smell though, whereas GIT has a fresh, Irish Springs smell. I asked two girls at work to smell GIT and CW to see which they preferred. The first girl said that she preferred CW b/c it was sweeter. She agreed that they smell very similar at first. After an hour she still preferred CW. The second girl liked GIT all the way. She didn't even think they smelled the same. She really liked it

My questions are: Why doesn't my legit bottle have a lot/serial number embossed on the back? Why did it have a sticker on the bottom of the bottle? Why is my cap loose? I mean like Paris Hilton loose. Is there an estimated year that it could be judging by these descriptions and the box design? I just don't know the answers and I need my fellow basenoters and Creed connoisseurs to help a brother out. Oh, here's some pics:

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: Just received Creed Green Irish Tweed & a little concerned

Looks real to me. Box is real and bottle has shiny letters. Post pics of the cap and under spray nozzle.

It looks legit, just the older bottle (I believe they sell it in the clear glass now, but that could be for the smaller bottles so I might be wrong).

The caps not fitting properly isn't anything to be concerned about. I have a similar issue with Himalaya which I bought at Neiman Marcus.

The removal of the serial number means it's grey market. This keeps the buyer out of hassle, because evidently SOMEBODY is the middle man and able to buy the product at discount. I'm sure Creed probably has an inventory/quality control which could track the serial number back to a particular buyer. Removing it negates them from terminating any potential sales with "the middle man". It happens with a lot of goods that are considered exclusive, from Coach bags to Tiffany crystal. My friend worked in an import/export business. They essentially got wholesale prices on high priced items direct, then resold them undercutting the manufacturer and making a big profit. Why? Because they could. Because they had customers lined up overseas who couldn't otherwise obtain the goods. Lots of reasons, but ultimately it's a bit of a shady biz.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I just noticed that the cap is missing the plastic thingy inside that makes it fit snugly. My MI cap has one and it fits like a glove. The inside of the spray nozzle is white and looks just like my bottle of MI. I'm going to return it b/c of a lot of things. The loose cap, smudge on the back of the cap, lack of lot number etc...just b/c if I'm paying that much for a bottle of cologne, it better be in good shape!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

You may find missing lot #s with a lot of the online discount stores. Good luck on your hunt.

I can confirm that some Creeds have cap issues. One of my GIT bottles has the same cap problem you're reporting, and I purchased it from a reputable source. I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of a serial number. For example, it pisses me off when a seller defaces a bottle to scratch it off, but it's becoming clear to me that's a regrettable possibility when buying Creeds at a discount.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Looks fine to me too.

The pic of the CW bottle with the note in front of it made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    The pic of the CW bottle with the note in front of it made me laugh.
    I'm glad somebody found that humorous

I"m thinking of keeping it after all. The loose cap and other quirks aren't so bad I guess, but for that much $$$ I'd like to think that Creed ensures all their caps fit as snug as $285 can allow. Plus, it smells like the sample vial I have, which smells really good.

Here's a pic of the inside of the cap and a pic of my MI cap. The MI cap has a plastic insert in it that keeps it nice and snug. The GIT cap does not. Is this how the GIT cap is supposed to look?

Last edited by mesaboogie; 5th October 2011 at 01:54 AM.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

How nice does GIT smell? I've never smelled it and from what I've read on here it's the holy grail of aquatics.

only problem is that it's not an aquatic.

millesime imperial is what you're referring to

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I'm glad somebody found that humorous
    I actually laughed too. That was pretty funny bro.

By the way, interesting avatar. I haven't heard that album since the year it was released. Major nostalgia.

Who isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    How nice does GIT smell? I've never smelled it and from what I've read on here it's the holy grail of aquatics.
    That's mystifying to me. I own Green Irish Tweed and I'd never categorise it as an aquatic.

The only Creed aquatic/marine scent I know is Erolfa - very overhyped around here.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by outfoxxed View Post
    only problem is that it's not an aquatic.

millesime imperial is what you're referring to
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    That's mystifying to me. I own Green Irish Tweed and I'd never categorise it as an aquatic.

The only Creed aquatic/marine scent I know is Erolfa - very overhyped around here.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Thanks guys, I always considered it an aquatic in my head because I know Cool Water was based on it and lots of people consider CW to be an aquatic. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I actually laughed too. That was pretty funny bro.

By the way, interesting avatar. I haven't heard that album since the year it was released. Major nostalgia.
    Yeah mane, it's my favorite by them. I saw them play live twice, and one of those times was just a few months ago. They rocked!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I bought Green Irish Tweed 4oz from ddara (they have it for 110usd in a daily deal, wich they posted here).
    Mine dont have a serial too, but has a sticker in some kinda arabic letters.

My cap is equally to yours (not white plastic inside) and dont fit well (it can fall only turning the bottle upside down)

The juice smells fantastic and dont last very much, so its real

It's not an aquatic? I also thought it was. Anyhow, Vitamin B Complex, I think in GIT's case the hype is totally justified (even despite me being pretty tired of the Creed fanboy-ism). It smells amazing, and Cool Water simply can't hold a candle to it, not at all.

It's an obvious scent because is very successful, but to dismiss its merits is not reasonable!
    Eventually I would like to have mine as well, Enjoy your Purchase messaboegie

After a couple days of owning GIT I must say that I really like it. I can see the similarity with Cool Water in the top notes, but at the same time I can tell that CW smells very synthetic. GIT smells so fresh and green. I really don't think people are going to mistake GIT for CW. GIT smells so deep and majestic. I can really smell the unicorn tears and dolphin dreams in it. Really wish I knew which batch/year it was though so I could compare...

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I think the only "aquatic" thing about Cool Water is its name. To me, aquatic scents are those that are supposed to smell melony/citrusy and fresh, in the Millesime Imperial vein. Somebody once posted that MI was the font of the aquatic craze; I don't necessarily buy that, but MI is definitely Aquatic. GIT is, to me, part of a genre of green scents. Not sure why, but when I first smelled it, I thought to myself, "Yup, that's green." Now, I think "Yup, them there's violets."

I'm sure a more educated basenoter can properly classify GIT.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I just got Millasime Imperial and GIT and it's a same issue. Cap on GIT doesn't have that plastic inside and Millesime does. I also have Virgin Island Water and cap on this one is made of better material than the other two, and it's heavier.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

oh, i thought the whole post was a joke after I looked at the picture. I was laughing, thinking "this guy has really hit the nail on the head about these neurotic cookie-cutter posts asking the same questions and repeating the same information. Exhaustive detail about purchase: check. Intricate detail of personal journey of comparison to cool water: check. Opinion of random girls: check. Lovingly stil-lifed photographs: check "

Then I realised it was serious.

If Basenotes had a filter I would filter out the phrase "Green Irish Tweed"

The ambergris basenote at the very bottom of GIT gives it an aquatic vibe. Just decant to 1ml and add a drop of ambergris oil to bolster the aquatic vibe.

I was just wondering what the deal was with my bottle being all kinds of crappy for an expensive fragrance. I know it's a topic that's been discussed once or twice in the past. I'm glad you enjoyed the pic though.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Cap issues confirmed.