Code of Conduct

Default long lasting musc fragrances

any advice? what about Mure et Musc Extreme?

Default Re: long lasting musc fragrances

Montale Black Musk

Try Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens, Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle... Maybe Original Musk by Kiehl's or one of the Musk fragrances by Tom Ford (Musk Pure, Urban Musk, etc.)

Musk fragrances should be long-lasting by definition: the problem with synthetic musks is finding one that will break down in the environment at all - many look likely to last for centuries if not millennia . . . On a smelling strip most remain detectable after two weeks.

Natural musk (if you can find a fragrance using it, which isn't easy) is just as tenacious. If you are having a problem with short lived musk, it probably isn't the musk element that you are enjoying.
    A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.”
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

I agree that Musc scents tend to be longlasters.

Musc ravageur
    Shalimar
    Bal a Versailles

+1 Musc Ravageur

+1 MKK
    +1 Kiehl's Musk

MKK
    Kurkdjian Absolue pour le soir
    Kiehls original musk

cacio

kiehls original musk.

for swap/sale:

MKK by Serge Lutens lasts over 12 h and after a shower and also MR by Frederic Malle!!

If you like "clean" musks I suggest trying Nasomatto Silver musk

Somehow I cannot smell Kiehls Original Musk after 3 hours ( and I have used 2 different samples ) .
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Somehow I cannot smell Kiehls Original Musk after 3 hours ( and I have used 2 different samples ) .
    Wouldn't be the case of nasal fatigue? It's quite common with animalic notes, especially musk

Quote Originally Posted by lgarruda View Post
    Wouldn't be the case of nasal fatigue? It's quite common with animalic notes, especially musk
    Maybe. I spray on my arm, so it shouldn't be nasal fatigue. I have wondered if I am just anosmic to the scent itself. I have read that about certani musk fragrances. Its too bad, as I really like the opening notes and the subsequent dry down accord.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Maybe. I spray on my arm, so it shouldn't be nasal fatigue. I have wondered if I am just anosmic to the scent itself. I have read that about certani musk fragrances. Its too bad, as I really like the opening notes and the subsequent dry down accord.
    Where you spray does not affect your likelihood of experiencing nasal fatigue - the phenomenon happens because when you are exposed to the same scent for a period all the receptors in your nose that can detect that particular note become blocked by one of the molecules of that scent. The effect fades when you are no-longer exposed to the particular fragrance note for a while, then you can smell it again. With things like musk that have big complex molecules this seems to happen more easily and to last for longer.

I don't know the formula for Kiehls Original Musk but it is sure to have more than one musk in it, almost certainly it will have musks from more than one of the categories of musk too.

You may well be anosmic to a particular musk and some people are even anosmic to a whole class of musks (such as macrocyclic musks) but it isn't likely that you are going to be anosmic to all the musks in a fragrance where musk is the main theme. Nasal fatigue is a far more likely diagnosis, though anosmia my be playing a part too: Exaltolide for example is one of the musks that many people cannot smell and would also be prominent during the 3-10 hours after application period that I think is when you are finding there is a gap.
    A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.”
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.