Code of Conduct

Default Comments? 3 Chanel Allures and 1 Polo Black!

After all your great responses to my last post "Help, What Cologne am I Looking for?", I headed to the mall today to hunt down the following colognes: Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Christian Dior Homme Sport, Versace Pour Homme, and Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz.

Unfortunately I only found one of those four...Chanel Allure Homme Sport...but it may have been enough.

After spending some time smelling various colognes, four really caught my nose: Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Chanel Allure Homme, Chanel Homme Sport Cologne Sport, and Polo Black.

So I loaded down some cards with the four colognes and me down with the Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

I couldn't put all four colognes on me at the same time and the cards really aren't a good indication of how the colognes will smell on me, so I'm looking for some comments.

From the cards, I really like all four but the Allure Homme Sport and the Allure Homme seem to be the two stand outs. Maybe it's just the cards or my sniffer, but the Polo Black seems to have a strong mint type smell (maybe a little too strong for my taste-again, hard to tell from a card). The Allure Homme Sport Cologne seems to have quite a strong lemony smell (although I think in the notes it states that it's grapefruit).

After about 4 hours on the cards, the Allure Homme and the Allure Homme Sport smell very similar. I know they are both 'Allure' but with some makers of cologne it seems like even though two colognes have similar names, they smell entirely different. I'm 99.9% sure I did not spray the same cologne on two different cards.

So I'm curious to hear your comments on these four colognes (Allure Homme, Allure Homme Sport, Allure Homme Sport Cologne, Polo Black)!

How do the various notes progress as time goes on with these colognes (for whichever ones you've tried)?

I know it varies from person to person, but how long do these colognes (again, whichever ones you've tried) last with a typical spraying?

Any other comments/opinions you would like to give on these colognes would be greatly appreciated!

TripleB

Default Re: Comments? 3 Chanel Allures and 1 Polo Black!

Allure Homme is a masterpiece in my opinion, which is better geared towards the cooler climates. AHS works well in the summer months and has a more mainstream scent. I havent spent any time with the cologne or Black. You cant go wrong with AH or AHS. Your last thread had AHS as a clear winner for a reason.

Default Re: Comments? 3 Chanel Allures and 1 Polo Black!

Allure Homme is truly a wonderful scent IMO.